BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Nuclear Banana...... Redux!!! Even "MORE" progress pics....

+25
72mav
jesse
Nevs
Ranch71460
schmitty
cool40
'65 T-BOLT
richter69
DILLIGASDAVE
res0rli9
Copperhead
BigBlockRanger
jones
511Fox
70bbftorino
Paul-uk
jbozzelle
bbf-falcon
billandlori
bruno
dfree383
Northwest outlaw
bb429power
69F100
ThndrChkn
29 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

The Nuclear Banana...... Redux!!! Even "MORE" progress pics.... - Page 8 Empty Re: The Nuclear Banana...... Redux!!! Even "MORE" progress pics....

Post  ThndrChkn June 14th 2010, 7:01 pm

Thanks Al. I'm gonna do that, just wanted to get them done. Wink

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

The Nuclear Banana...... Redux!!! Even "MORE" progress pics.... - Page 8 Empty Re: The Nuclear Banana...... Redux!!! Even "MORE" progress pics....

Post  Ranch71460 June 16th 2010, 7:33 am

Looks good Doug! Your cable clamps appear to be on wrong. The rule of thumb is "never saddle a dead horse". The cut end of the cable always goes between the u-bolt and the live cable, I think you have the cut end against the part with the holes...the "saddle"... of the clamp. Also, if you still have enough cable it is always good practice to use 2 clamps per loop and the loop protector which is called a "thimble".
Ranch71460
Ranch71460

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn June 17th 2010, 5:55 pm

Thanks Ken. I double checked them & they were backward on the bottom. I normally do run 2 clamps on them, but since these don't see alot of force, I've never used more than a single on suspesion limiters, and haven't had any issues. I think for no more racing than I'll be doing this year, I can get by without the thimble. The way things look, I'm probably only gonna get in a couple races No No

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn June 19th 2010, 12:10 am

Got a couple more sponsors "loaded" up today. Very Happy
The Nuclear Banana...... Redux!!! Even "MORE" progress pics.... - Page 8 Cid__0618102109
This one is actually myself. Tryin' to drum up a little more business. Wink
The Nuclear Banana...... Redux!!! Even "MORE" progress pics.... - Page 8 Cid__0618102110

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  Northwest outlaw June 19th 2010, 1:34 pm

looks good Doug.
Northwest outlaw
Northwest outlaw

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn June 22nd 2010, 11:45 pm

Thanks Jason. Here's a couple more things I've been working on. I was having problems with my longer wheelie bars interfering with a small crossmember that I installed mainly to support my fuel cell. So, I made a couple of arches, (for lack of better terminology) notched them, and welded them across the tops of the crossmember, then cut the centers out beneath the arches. Now I have plenty of clearance for my wheelie bars. I'm gonna run them this weekend just in case, 'cause I took all the weight off the frontend. If I don't need them, I'll take them off, but I'd rather have them on there and not need them, than not have them and discover the hard way that I should have had some on there. I really don't feel like breaking anything. Here's a couple of pics of how they turned out.
The Nuclear Banana...... Redux!!! Even "MORE" progress pics.... - Page 8 Cid__0622102012
The Nuclear Banana...... Redux!!! Even "MORE" progress pics.... - Page 8 Cid__0622102017

This weekend is our local races that we're trying to get more of through the summer out at our airport, so I'm not expecting anything spectacular, but I'm thinking on this surface, I should be able to manage a 6.50'ish pass or so. I'll be at the track the rest of the week helping them drag some rubber, and get it ready for Sunday. Wish me luck. Very Happy Very Happy

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori June 23rd 2010, 4:52 am

You gotta love a truck that prolly will need wheelie bars!!

Good luck Doug, stay safe.

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  67460 June 23rd 2010, 8:39 pm

Looking good,

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn July 11th 2010, 10:01 am

Thanks Mel. I have a TON of time and effort into this thing. I'm headin' for the track next weekend, hopefully we have some good air so I can get some decent runs in. Good for around here anyway. With a track altitude at 5500', it has to be almost frigid to get good air here. Laughing Laughing

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 July 11th 2010, 10:07 am

as always Doug, looking good. good luck at the track.

Keith

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8