BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Nuclear Banana...... Redux!!! Even "MORE" progress pics....

+25
72mav
jesse
Nevs
Ranch71460
schmitty
cool40
'65 T-BOLT
richter69
DILLIGASDAVE
res0rli9
Copperhead
BigBlockRanger
jones
511Fox
70bbftorino
Paul-uk
jbozzelle
bbf-falcon
billandlori
bruno
dfree383
Northwest outlaw
bb429power
69F100
ThndrChkn
29 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The Nuclear Banana...... Redux!!! Even "MORE" progress pics.... - Page 6 Empty Re: The Nuclear Banana...... Redux!!! Even "MORE" progress pics....

Post  Northwest outlaw May 23rd 2010, 2:21 am

Looking good doug I mite have grudge race for you. You game ill front the $$$$.
Northwest outlaw
Northwest outlaw

Back to top Go down

The Nuclear Banana...... Redux!!! Even "MORE" progress pics.... - Page 6 Empty Re: The Nuclear Banana...... Redux!!! Even "MORE" progress pics....

Post  billandlori May 23rd 2010, 4:19 am

Northwest outlaw wrote:Looking good doug I mite have grudge race for you. You game ill front the $$$$.

Now THAT is some confidence!!

That thing looks great Doug, love the flat black.

There is a car show near here called the Bean Fest where they klet a bunch of the race cars drive down the street to the fairgrounds, the crowds love it!!! Have fun!!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug May 23rd 2010, 7:43 am

Now Doug we will have to keep working on you so you can get the A$$ end of that thing down out of the Clouds !

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn May 23rd 2010, 10:22 am

Northwest outlaw wrote:Looking good doug I mite have grudge race for you. You game ill front the $$$$.

Don't sing it, Just bring it. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

billandlori wrote:Now THAT is some confidence!!

That thing looks great Doug, love the flat black.

There is a car show near here called the Bean Fest where they klet a bunch of the race cars drive down the street to the fairgrounds, the crowds love it!!! Have fun!!

Bill

No need for confidence Bill, when you got the "Banana". It is what it is, and nothin' more. Wink Wink

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn May 23rd 2010, 1:05 pm

Finally quit raining Rolling Eyes , and I pushed the "Banana" outside, washed off all the shop grime, and snapped a few pics. It now has a small amount of rake to it, and I likey. Very Happy Very Happy It "does" look kinda angry with the black bumper. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

The Nuclear Banana...... Redux!!! Even "MORE" progress pics.... - Page 6 Cid__0523001046
The Nuclear Banana...... Redux!!! Even "MORE" progress pics.... - Page 6 Cid__0523001047
The Nuclear Banana...... Redux!!! Even "MORE" progress pics.... - Page 6 Cid__0523001048
The Nuclear Banana...... Redux!!! Even "MORE" progress pics.... - Page 6 Cid__0523001051

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  '65 T-BOLT May 23rd 2010, 1:42 pm

that is TOTALLY BITCHIN there Doug!
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn May 23rd 2010, 2:33 pm

Thanks Jason. No that all the hard stuff is done, all I need to do is a TON of nickel-n-dime stuff. It should be all done by Thursday. Very Happy

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 May 23rd 2010, 2:59 pm

'65 T-BOLT wrote:that is TOTALLY BITCHIN there Doug!

xxxx2 Cool

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  '65 T-BOLT May 23rd 2010, 4:29 pm

Doug, Jones might want some pictures of how you tied the new front rails in with the existing rails
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori May 23rd 2010, 4:41 pm

Looks great in the light of day!! Love the mountains in the distance.

That's a nice shop you have there, looks like lots of room!! Tho they are never big enough.

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno May 23rd 2010, 4:44 pm

wow ...she looks really good Doug ...cant wait to see what she will do at the track

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs May 23rd 2010, 4:53 pm

Probably going to need to replace that 6. on the window with a 5., Doug... Idea
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Northwest outlaw May 23rd 2010, 7:27 pm

looks killer A+ job Doug.
Northwest outlaw
Northwest outlaw

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn May 23rd 2010, 8:26 pm

Nevs wrote:Probably going to need to replace that 6. on the window with a 5., Doug... Idea

Man Steve. That would just crush my spirits, I'm tellin' ya. Laughing Laughing

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs May 23rd 2010, 9:45 pm

[quote="ThndrChkn"]
Nevs wrote:Probably going to need to replace that 6. on the window with a 5., Doug... Idea

Man Steve. That would just crush my spirits, I'm tellin' ya. Laughing Laughing

Doug.

Here's hoping you need to! Cool
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 May 23rd 2010, 10:00 pm

doug you been worken overtime?that's looken good man. Smile
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn May 23rd 2010, 11:56 pm

Well, it's officially ready to run. Carb is full & primed, everything's hooked up, & all I need to do is add oil, do the steering shaft, and put the driveline back in. The steering shaft is gonna be a blast, NOT! Oh well, it's gotta be done I guess. Rolling Eyes I buttoned it up, and tucked it in for the night.
The Nuclear Banana...... Redux!!! Even "MORE" progress pics.... - Page 6 Cid__0523002137
The Nuclear Banana...... Redux!!! Even "MORE" progress pics.... - Page 6 Cid__0523002136a
The Nuclear Banana...... Redux!!! Even "MORE" progress pics.... - Page 6 Cid__0523002136

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  RapidRuss May 27th 2010, 2:57 am

Looks Damn good Doug, that new front end turned out REAL nice !! I hadnt followed the post to close, as I like reading them from start to finish...what all did you upgrade on the power plant for this year ? Cant wait to see some times after you get a few shake down runs in her !! Nice Job as usual... Cool
RapidRuss
RapidRuss

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori May 27th 2010, 5:45 am

Wow, look at all that open real estate under that hood!! Sure looks good Doug, nice work!!

Hope the steering shaft doesn't give you too many fits.

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn May 27th 2010, 1:53 pm

RapidRuss wrote:Looks Damn good Doug, that new front end turned out REAL nice !! I hadnt followed the post to close, as I like reading them from start to finish...what all did you upgrade on the power plant for this year ? Cant wait to see some times after you get a few shake down runs in her !! Nice Job as usual... Cool

Thanks Russ. I can't wait to get it to the track either. What shakedown runs? I'm poinin' it down the track, and unleashin' the Banana full tilt boogie. As long as it stays straight, I ain't shuttin' it down 'til I bust the traps. Twisted Evil Very Happy The only upgrades I did to the engine was I added different intake valves (Bigga' Ones Very Happy ) I should be able to pick up a little power there. So we're hoping to put it in the low 6's @ our 1/8 mile track.

billandlori wrote:Wow, look at all that open real estate under that hood!! Sure looks good Doug, nice work!!

Hope the steering shaft doesn't give you too many fits.

Bill

Yeah, I love the under hood area now Bill. Especially since I can pull the whole front clip off in about 1 minute. Not having fenders in the way is a major improvement. Very Happy Very Happy I'm going to try and fire it up this afternoon sometime. Twisted Evil
I don't think the steering will be too bad Bill. Just another few hours of time is all. Shocked

There's no racin' goin' on for a couple weeks or more, so I'm trying to have it completely done by tomorrow so I can take it to the Memorial Day Weekend Parade on Saturdat morning, and a car show later in the day. Like Jason says, it's been raing here for about a week. Not heavy, but just enough that it's soaking into the ground good. Just hope it quits before Saturday. My ignition switch finger is startin' to get itchy. Laughing Laughing

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  Copperhead May 27th 2010, 2:52 pm

Everything looks fantastic Doug. You did a great job.

Just wondering (if you don't mind me asking),......what kinda $$ did you end up putting in the front-end ? Just trying to see how much my AJE front suspension REALLY cost me. Laughing
Copperhead
Copperhead

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn May 27th 2010, 8:58 pm

Thanks Keith, no I don't mind at all. I'm in the whole front end, including buying the adjustable A-Arms, about $1000.00.

I fired it up this afternoon Twisted Evil Twisted Evil cheers Needless to say, my neighbors were exstatic. Laughing Laughing I love the smell of high octane in the afternoon. Anytime of day actually. One of my neighbors stopped by (one of the cool ones) and thanked me for smellin' up the shop. "Made my day" he said. Then he said his wife was in trouble when he gets home. Shocked Shocked Whatever that means. Laughing Laughing Laughing It took me over an hour to clean up all the stuff that fell off the shelves. Laughing Laughing It was well worth it. Matter of fact, I may get the urge to clean the shop again tomorrow. Very Happy Very Happy

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  '65 T-BOLT May 27th 2010, 9:56 pm

Glad to hear that "ITS ALIVE"
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 May 27th 2010, 10:02 pm

give it hell Doug! Laughing
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  138 May 27th 2010, 10:11 pm

nice work man...

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next