BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Ductile iron rings work OK here?

3 posters

Go down

Will Ductile iron rings work OK here? Empty Will Ductile iron rings work OK here?

Post  hpwdboss1 January 24th 2011, 11:36 am

I have all my parts and fresh hone job. Honed for moly-faced ring. 15.2 to 1 comp ratio, hi dynamic ratio, 118 racing fuel. Radiator and fan, electric water pump. All iron engine. 5700-5800 rpm, 15 seconds under load. 35-40 runs per summer. Will a ductile iron ring be sufficient here?
Perry
hpwdboss1
hpwdboss1

Back to top Go down

Will Ductile iron rings work OK here? Empty Re: Will Ductile iron rings work OK here?

Post  Frank Merkl January 25th 2011, 2:09 am

moly will give better service life
Frank
Frank Merkl
Frank Merkl

Back to top Go down

Will Ductile iron rings work OK here? Empty Re: Will Ductile iron rings work OK here?

Post  Frank Merkl January 25th 2011, 2:10 am

and seal
Frank
Frank Merkl
Frank Merkl

Back to top Go down

Will Ductile iron rings work OK here? Empty Re: Ductile ring

Post  hpwdboss1 January 25th 2011, 3:49 am

Just trying to figure if a moly faced , ductile iron ring will take the heat. I know I need the moly face, but will the ductile iron be up to the task? Back in the supercharged alky cherry days we used steel rings, but this isn't on that kind of budget, hopefully.
Perry
hpwdboss1
hpwdboss1

Back to top Go down

Post  DanH January 25th 2011, 10:51 am

hpwdboss1 wrote:Just trying to figure if a moly faced , ductile iron ring will take the heat. I know I need the moly face, but will the ductile iron be up to the task? Back in the supercharged alky cherry days we used steel rings, but this isn't on that kind of budget, hopefully.
Perry
you will be more than ok with ductile top rings

DanH

Back to top Go down

Will Ductile iron rings work OK here? Empty Ductile top rings

Post  hpwdboss1 January 25th 2011, 10:36 pm

That is what I have been wanting to know cheers I have a set of file fit on hand and didn't want to put em in if they wouldn't last. thanks again guys.
Perry
hpwdboss1
hpwdboss1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down