BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turbo for the big inch guys

2 posters

Go down

Turbo for the big inch guys Empty Turbo for the big inch guys

Post  whatbumper October 13th 2010, 10:29 pm

PRECISION TURBO: NEW LARGE-FRAME PT118 TURBOCHARGER RELEASED

Turbo for the big inch guys 67410_10

Hebron, IN – October 12, 2010 – Precision Turbo and Engine is proud to announce the addition of the large-frame PT118 turbocharger, designed to produce upwards of 2,800 horsepower and recommended for engines ranging in size from 430-540 cubic inches, to their current product line.

The PT118 turbocharger features Precision’s unique CNC-machined, CEA (Competition Engineered Aerodynamics)2618 forged aluminum compressor wheel with a 118mm inducer measurement; the CEA wheel is specifically designed for maximum power and performance by providing greater efficiency, faster transient response and is capable of handling higher boost pressures all while generating less heat than a conventional wheel.

Using a traditional T5 turbine inlet, the PT118 is a direct bolt-on for manifolds designed to match this footprint. Additionally, a standard 5 ¼” V-band turbine discharge makes downpipe installation and removal virtually effortless. In motorsports, a win can be determined by mere fractions of a second; Precision has designed their turbine housings to be light-weight to aid in achieving the best times possible. The high-performance Precision PT118 also features a massive 7” compressor cover inlet.

Developed for racing applications, PTE’s PT118 turbocharger is approved for use in the Outlaw 10.5, Outlaw Drag Radial and Limited Street classes, among many others within various sanctioning bodies.

With 16 championships won and 31 records set during the 2009 racing season, Precision Turbo and Engine’s turbochargers consistently boost drivers in a variety of motorsports straight to the winner’s circle.

With over 60 years of combined turbocharger development and racing experience, Precision Turbo and Engine takes great pride in providing the best turbochargers on the market today.

About Precision Turbo and Engine, Inc.
Since 1987, Precision Turbo and Engine has been a leader in turbocharger technology for street and race applications. PTE offers a full line of custom turbochargers, wastegates, accessories, intercoolers, fuel injectors and stand alone engine management systems. The knowledgeable and friendly staff has experience with a wide variety of vehicles. Each sale comes with expert advice and support.

Precision Turbo and Engine, Inc
616A S Main Street, PO Box 425
Hebron, IN 46341
P: (219) 996-7832
F: (219) 996-7749
http://www.precisionturbo.net/

616A South Main Street | Hebron, IN 46341 US

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Turbo for the big inch guys Empty Re: Turbo for the big inch guys

Post  JG342 October 15th 2010, 8:38 pm

I wonder why they say only up to 540ci what would be the difference on a 598ci ???

JG342

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper October 16th 2010, 3:14 am

JG342 wrote:I wonder why they say only up to 540ci what would be the difference on a 598ci ???

back pressure becomes an issue on bigger engines but they can be made to work

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  JG342 October 18th 2010, 12:22 am

whatbumper wrote:
JG342 wrote:I wonder why they say only up to 540ci what would be the difference on a 598ci ???

back pressure becomes an issue on bigger engines but they can be made to work

That thing is huge. Im building a 598 turbo setup I'll just be running 1/8 mile stuff I wonder if it would be an issue running that 118 opposed to twins

JG342

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper October 18th 2010, 8:42 am

personally, if twins where an option, that's what I would do. on alky

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down