BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

porting and polishing heads and look at what i found!

2 posters

Go down

porting and polishing heads and look at what i found! Empty porting and polishing heads and look at what i found!

Post  NITROUS FORD December 27th 2015, 7:54 pm

Shocked I have the motorsport a460 heads with 2.300 int 1.88 ext valves. started taking them apart to port and polish them for more hp( heads flowed 390 cfm int @ .800) (280@ .800 ext) porting to get the int in the 430-440cfm range and ext in the 300-315 range and while I was taking them apart I found to inner valve springs were broke on two valves Shocked thank GOD i decided to do a port job on the heads or i wouldn't have found out until i tried to rpm the motor or a valve mite of let go Evil or Very Mad bought these from a guy who had them on a bbf 477 dragster! so he probably was rpming the heck out of the motor! all in all putting a brand new set of pac-1224 spring on the heads with the new port job so should work out good! Very Happy comp cam .835 int 786 ext dur @ .050 int 285 ext 300 lsa 115 santa

NITROUS FORD

Back to top Go down

porting and polishing heads and look at what i found! Empty Re: porting and polishing heads and look at what i found!

Post  rmcomprandy December 27th 2015, 11:39 pm

NITROUS FORD wrote:Shocked I have the motorsport a460  heads with 2.300 int 1.88 ext valves. started taking them apart to port and polish them for more hp( heads flowed 390 cfm int @ .800) (280@ .800 ext) porting to get the int in the 430-440cfm range  and ext in the 300-315 range  and while I was taking them apart I found to inner valve springs were broke on two valves Shocked thank GOD i  decided to do a port  job on the heads or i wouldn't  have found out until i tried to rpm the motor or a valve mite of let go Evil or Very Mad bought these from a guy who had them on a bbf 477 dragster! so he probably was rpming the heck out of the motor! all in all putting a brand new set of pac-1224 spring on the heads with the new port job so should work out good! Very Happy comp cam  .835 int 786 ext  dur @ .050 int 285  ext 300   lsa 115 santa

If there are spring breakage problems, I would opt for the surface treated #1324 springs.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

porting and polishing heads and look at what i found! Empty Re: porting and polishing heads and look at what i found!

Post  NITROUS FORD December 29th 2015, 10:03 am

well I measured the installed height on my  valve springs and  what do you know! they were set up at 1.950 and my cam requires a 2.000  install height. don't know how old the springs were (used heads)but I knew they were not up to the task on my new cam Shocked so with them being old and with the wrong installed height no wonder I found two broken inner valve springs Shocked remember installing new cam turning it over by hand and herd a pop! now I know what that was Mad
always check install height when buying used  heads! pirat

NITROUS FORD

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down