BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Headed to the Races this Weekend!!! Videos Added

+6
BigRigTech
61coon
butterbean
bigblock t-bird
gmsmkr
t-bird racer
10 posters

Go down

Headed to the Races this Weekend!!! Videos Added Empty Headed to the Races this Weekend!!! Videos Added

Post  t-bird racer September 3rd 2015, 7:19 pm

Headed out to  the track for the first time this weekend.  The car has been ready and waiting for months, but due to a crazy work schedule the car has been sitting.  Then last week I pulled the car out of the garage and I'm sitting in the car warming it up my wife gives me the finger across the throat signal and I Shut it down, wifie says your leaking something all over the ground!!!.

I get out and see that my steel braided fuel line from the regulator to the front of the carb has started leaking right through the steel braid and fuel was running down the side of the head and over the headers!!  (thanks honey)  Well pushed it back in the garage and new lines purchased and replaced this week

I'm headed to Maryland (MIR) Saturday.  They have there regular weekly points series and a test in tune.  I'm going to grab a test and tune tech card.   I need to brake in a new set of slicks, blow the cobwebs out and just get comfortable with the car.  Its been a year!    I would like to make a couple of foot brake passes and a few passes on the brake.  If all goes well I'm going to enter the race!!!

I'm stoked!  My 15 y/o son/crew chief is also pretty excited.  Were supposed to have some awesome weather this weekend to boot!!  85 and low humidity!!

Wish me luck!!!

Last edited by t-bird racer on September 8th 2015, 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
t-bird racer
t-bird racer

Back to top Go down

Headed to the Races this Weekend!!! Videos Added Empty Re: Headed to the Races this Weekend!!! Videos Added

Post  gmsmkr September 3rd 2015, 8:32 pm

GL... keep it safe and have a ball
gmsmkr
gmsmkr

Back to top Go down

Headed to the Races this Weekend!!! Videos Added Empty Re: Headed to the Races this Weekend!!! Videos Added

Post  bigblock t-bird September 3rd 2015, 9:03 pm

Good luck and post some vids. Steve

bigblock t-bird

Back to top Go down

Post  butterbean September 3rd 2015, 9:43 pm

I'm thinking about going too!!! they are having a double header at Bradenton, a early race and a late race paying 2500 to win each WOO HOO!!! dust off the cobwebs and let her eat
butterbean
butterbean

Back to top Go down

Post  61coon September 3rd 2015, 9:49 pm

Good luck!! I've been to MIR, nice place. Have a safe/fun time. Keep us posted on how you do.
61coon
61coon

Back to top Go down

Post  BigRigTech September 4th 2015, 9:11 am

Good luck and most of all - be safe! Very Happy
BigRigTech
BigRigTech

Back to top Go down

Post  crittersf1 September 4th 2015, 9:17 am

Be sure to let us know how it turns out!
crittersf1
crittersf1

Back to top Go down

Post  David Willingham September 4th 2015, 11:30 am

Good luck! I'm trying to get up to speed in mine, too.
David Willingham
David Willingham
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 September 4th 2015, 12:25 pm

Good luck! It's still too hot for me! Laughing
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  t-bird racer September 6th 2015, 10:48 am

Well I was able to head out on Saturday 9-5-15.  It was beautiful 86 degrees with 56% humidity.  The air was not that great with a 1.0454 correction factor
and a 5 mph cross wind. I had my 24 y/o daughter, her boyfriend and the 15 y/o twins.  

I had a few hiccups.  Friday evening while loading the car my tried and true Tach Took a crap.  I installed a spare Tach that has an Internal shift light and kept it moving.  

So First pass I launch and rpms build and shift light failed to turn on.  Shift by sound/feel (old School).  So the next two time runs staging and Shifting by
hearing.  Here are my three Time slips.  I was only able to made foot brake passes.  

Headed to the Races this Weekend!!! Videos Added Time%20slip_zps39xyt9dg

I ended up entering the race and could not cut a light to save my butt.  I was .090 and ran a 6.01 on a 5.97 to my opponents .030 6.360 on a 6.36.  
I reentered and went Red!!  But the car ran a 5.980.  So I was quite pleased to make 5 passes between 5.977 and 6.01.  With no tach, no shift lite!

Side note the last run as I was idling back to the pits I smelled gas!!!  I pulled up onto the trailer and get out to see gas everywhere!!! Yikes !!   I found that
the screw on top of the float adjustment nut backed out and fuel was spraying over the engine.  How it did not light off I'll never know!! (whew) My son and
I checked every nut, bolt, and fitting on the car during the week. The rack and Pinion bolts were even a little loose. How we missed that screw I'll never
know. I know it will not be overlooked again!

So no harm no fowl and all in all a great day!!!
t-bird racer
t-bird racer

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno September 6th 2015, 12:48 pm

wow , very lucky ...glad you made it home safe !!! great runs btw

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblock t-bird September 6th 2015, 2:31 pm

Way to go. Very lucky on that gas leak.

bigblock t-bird

Back to top Go down

Post  butterbean September 6th 2015, 2:40 pm

that baby is consistent as hell, I'm glad you had no fire too, I tried to go as well and the MSD box took a crap, oh well
butterbean
butterbean

Back to top Go down

Post  t-bird racer September 7th 2015, 7:08 pm

Headed to the Races this Weekend!!! Videos Added Th_T-Bird_zpslq5thzob
Here is a video of my last time run.

Headed to the Races this Weekend!!! Videos Added Th_IMG_0943_zps4dhhetgf
Slo Motion of second time run!
t-bird racer
t-bird racer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down