BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I made it back from the track...... Videos added....! :-)

+5
westsideford
Old blue Racin Team
Northwest outlaw
patfromjersey
ThndrChkn
9 posters

Go down

I made it back from the track...... Videos added....!  :-) Empty I made it back from the track...... Videos added....! :-)

Post  ThndrChkn August 30th 2009, 11:00 pm

Well, I got home a couple hours ago, and after unloading everything, and then taking a break to relax a little, here's the skinny...

Went over Friday night to get all of my license runs in, and thought I did, but we found out there was a glitch in the system, so I had to re-do a couple passes today... Oh well, all is well now and that is done...

Saturday I decided to make a run at the electronics race and did pretty well up until the 1/4 finals where I went red... The truck was stupid consistent yesterday and today, with a string of passes 6.69-6.78 for the whole weekend... No matter what I tried though, I couldn't get the truck to go better than a 1.52 60'... I tried everything from setting the 2-Step as low as 2500 rpm, all the way up to 5600, 100 rpm off the converter... No matter what I did, my 60's ranged from a best of 1.52-1.56 at worst... I think it needs more gear... When the vids get done loading, I'll post them up... They're all from in-car because my son couldn't get over to do the vids, and therefore he could drive it either... Oh well, maybe next time...

Today, the temp was forcast for 75*, and it ended up at 87*... The D/A ended up around 8000', but I re-jetted my carb and went on about handin' out some butt whoopins... I made it to my 1st EVER final today, wher I went red AGAIN...! I think there was a glitch in the lights, because they said I red-lit by over a second... I have that one on video, and you can see, I wasn't even moving when the light went red... Even the guy I raced, said something wasn't right... But we decided that's racin' and nothin's ever perfect... We shook hands, he told me my truck was B/A, and we went to load up and go home... All in all, I had a blast, and it was even more fun takin' home a little change this time... Darn little too, as we only had 31 cars there... I'll post the vids when they're done... I'm tired, and I think I'm goin' to bed... I'll see ya guys tomorrow...

Good night...

Doug... Cool

Last edited by 1bad521 on August 31st 2009, 9:26 am; edited 5 times in total
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

I made it back from the track...... Videos added....!  :-) Empty Re: I made it back from the track...... Videos added....! :-)

Post  patfromjersey August 30th 2009, 11:11 pm

Good deal Doug; at least nothing broke! Cool Looking forward to the vids. cheers
patfromjersey
patfromjersey
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

I made it back from the track...... Videos added....!  :-) Empty Re: I made it back from the track...... Videos added....! :-)

Post  Northwest outlaw August 30th 2009, 11:12 pm

Cool deal doug when is the next time you are going to the 1/8 track ill have to see if i can make it.
Northwest outlaw
Northwest outlaw

Back to top Go down

Post  Old blue Racin Team August 30th 2009, 11:13 pm

patfromjersey wrote:Good deal Doug; at least nothing broke! Cool Looking forward to the vids. cheers

Old blue Racin Team
Old blue Racin Team

Back to top Go down

Post  westsideford August 31st 2009, 12:35 am

U running a Domie Carb?
westsideford
westsideford

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn August 31st 2009, 9:25 am

Ok guys here's a few vids from this weekend... I missed a couple from Sat, but that's OK 'cause I had a few red lights on Sat. and I believe those were it... Laughing

Here's my 1st time trial run... It's against an early 80's Camaro with a BBC... I cut a .022 light to his .021 and ran 6.70 @ 106 to his 6.58 @ 106...
I made it back from the track...... Videos added....!  :-) Th_005-3

My 2nd time trial run was against another BBC powered car (El Camino)... I cut a .018 to his -.427, and ran 6.78 @ 105 to his 7.14 @ 98... As you'll see and hear, there's a pretty good bump in the left lane...
I made it back from the track...... Videos added....!  :-) Th_006-3

My 3rd pass, I went red but that's OK 'cause technically it don't count... No video, but went 6.73 @ 106...

I had time to run a 4th timed run to try and redeem myself for the red light... I ran a bye with a .080 light and 6.78 @ 105 again in the left lane with the nice bump... I was supposed to be running the El Camino again but the stage bulb flickered and caused me to go red which I didn't see 'cause of the scoop, so they just backed me up and I got a mulligan...
I made it back from the track...... Videos added....!  :-) Th_007-3

This is the 1st rd. of eleiminations... I ran the red BBC Camaro again from time trials... We both went red, his -.016 to my -.023... I ran a 6.74 on a 6.72 dial @ 105 to his 6.59 on a 6.54 dial @ 106 and I got there 1st but he got the windue to a lesser red...
I made it back from the track...... Videos added....!  :-) Th_008-2

Well, I bought back in to the 2nd rd. and actually won this rd.... I didn't get this one on video either, but I went 6.73 on a 6.72 dial @ 106 to his 6.89 on a 6.86 dial @ 101...

This is the 1/4 finals... I went red AGAIN...! I ran a 6.73 on a 6.72 dial @ 105 to his 6.63 on a 6.62 dial @ 104... GRRRR, I HATE RED LIGHTS...! This one I actually got a friend of mine to do from outside before they left...

I made it back from the track...... Videos added....!  :-) Th_010-2

I'll add Sundays action later, I gotta go get the kiddies to school...

Enjoy...

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  Old blue Racin Team August 31st 2009, 9:38 am

Well It want let me view them for some reason, It says I got to down load 2 thangs to view
Old blue Racin Team
Old blue Racin Team

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori August 31st 2009, 9:49 am

They worked for me!!

That big thing on the hood kinda blocks some vision, eh?? lol!

Nice runs Doug, truck sounds great.

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  IcallhimGeorge August 31st 2009, 10:16 am

Nice job Doug!
IcallhimGeorge
IcallhimGeorge
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn August 31st 2009, 11:37 am

Thanks guys... Here's the runs from yesterday... We only got 2 qualifying passes yesterday so they could set the laddeds up... They went by best reaction time, so obviously that left me out this weekend... Laughing It was hotter than Hades from the get-go, it was only forecast for 75* but it was already there when we started @ 10:00...

This is my 1st qualifier I had a.056 light and went 6.78 @ 105... I ran against a new Dodge Cummins, Soooo, I'll just leave his time out of it... Laughing Laughing
I made it back from the track...... Videos added....!  :-) Th_011-3

This is my 2nd qualifier... The guy I'm running got the best reaction time with .007, while I went -.007 Mad ... Ya know what I'm thinkin' about now...? These stinkin' red lights are killin' me...! Anyway, after dropping my jets 1 size, I ran another 6.73 @ 106... I got lucky on this pass... Check out the bump in the left lane, most of us usually run a little slower in this lane...
I made it back from the track...... Videos added....!  :-) Th_012-1

Here's 1st rd. of eliminations... I ran a BBC powered altered... I cut a .046 light to his .117, and ran 6.71 on a 6.70 dial @ 106 to his 5.87 on a 5.87 @ 118... I got there 1st by .006... Shocked
I made it back from the track...... Videos added....!  :-) Th_019-1

2nd rd. I took a bye because believe it or not, of the remaining cars, I had the quickest dial-in of the 2nd rd.... I went 6.74 on a 6.72 dial @ 105...
I made it back from the track...... Videos added....!  :-) Th_020-1

3rd rd., I lost the coin toss for the right lane, so I had to try and figure out a way to win in the left lane... So I told the guy's wife in the staging lanes that this thing's a freakin' missle after half track, so her husband better get me good from the line... He's driving a BBC powered Datsun 240Z with a tunnel ram and twin Dommies... Well, check out the tree on the launch... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Plus I had a small reaction after the run... Laughing I cut a .014 light to his -.003 (that's right, RED LIGHT) and ran a pretty rough 6.78 on a 6.72 dial to his 7.06 on a 6.98 dial @ 100...
I made it back from the track...... Videos added....!  :-) Th_021-1

The semi's, I didn't get on video, but I raced a guy with a SBC powered S-10... I REALLY wish I'd have gotten this one on video, because I had to really run this guy down... I cut a "BAD" light with a .106 to his .038 and ran 6.74 on a 6.72 dial @ 106 to his 8.89 on a 9.02 dial (yep, on top of the bad light, I had to wait almost 2-1/2 seconds to boot) I caught him at the stripe with a M.O.V. of .004... I got there 1st plus he broke out by .123... You should've heard the celebrating goion' on inside that truck after that pass... Laughing Laughing I was on my way to my 1st ever final...

Here's the final rd. You guys tell me what you think happened... It says I went red by over 1 second, but I wasn't moving... But my time slip don't indicate movement other than the reaction time... Even the other guy agreed, there was no way I went red by that much... Anyway, that was yesterday and this is today... I went 6.74 again on a 6.72 dial @ 106 to his 7.71 (break out) on 7.73 dial @ 89... I got him by almost half of my truck at the stripe but still lost... Oh well, we discussed it and he decided my truck is one B/A piece of machinery, we shook hands agreeing there was something fishy about what had happened but we were hot and tired, and he said so was his car, so we decided we'd possibly get to do a rematch in the future and loaded up and went home...
I made it back from the track...... Videos added....!  :-) Th_022-1

Over all, the truck got the same response it always does and I came away with some cash... Yep, I'm happy... Very Happy Very Happy

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea August 31st 2009, 11:57 am

Good Job Doug!

Maybe I'll get lucky and go to the finals this weekend Cool
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn September 1st 2009, 9:17 am

westsideford wrote:U running a Domie Carb?

Yes Les, I'm running a QFX 1250...

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  Old blue Racin Team September 1st 2009, 9:29 am

Looks good doug, I can see em now Very Happy

O did ya ever figure out what it weighed
Old blue Racin Team
Old blue Racin Team

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn September 1st 2009, 10:36 am

Yep... It weighs 3220 with me in it....

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg_P September 1st 2009, 10:44 am

1bad521 wrote:... Even the guy I raced, said something wasn't right... But we decided that's racin' and nothin's ever perfect... We shook hands, he told me my truck was B/A, and we went to load up and go home...

Doug... Cool

That right there says a lot about both of you guys...... Very stand up move on both of your parts......

Sounds like the truck is in a sweet spot, and that sweet spot is FAST!

Greg
Greg_P
Greg_P

Back to top Go down

Post  Old blue Racin Team September 1st 2009, 10:58 am

1bad521 wrote:Yep... It weighs 3220 with me in it....

Doug... Cool

So you got quiet a bit out of it didnt ya
Old blue Racin Team
Old blue Racin Team

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn September 1st 2009, 11:06 am

Greg_P wrote:
1bad521 wrote:... Even the guy I raced, said something wasn't right... But we decided that's racin' and nothin's ever perfect... We shook hands, he told me my truck was B/A, and we went to load up and go home...

Doug... Cool

That right there says a lot about both of you guys...... Very stand up move on both of your parts......

Sounds like the truck is in a sweet spot, and that sweet spot is FAST!

Greg

Thanks Greg... If things go right, that "Sweet Spot" is gonna get a little sweeter... Very Happy Twisted Evil

Old blue Racin Team wrote:
1bad521 wrote:Yep... It weighs 3220 with me in it....

Doug... Cool

Yeah Larry, I took over 700# out of it over the winter... Plasma cutters are cool...! Laughing Laughing Laughing But, by the time I finished out the cage, and got it to where it is now, there's only 280# difference...

Doug... Cool
So you got quiet a bit out of it didnt ya
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  Old blue Racin Team September 1st 2009, 11:28 am

Well evey # counts
Old blue Racin Team
Old blue Racin Team

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea September 1st 2009, 11:54 am

Doug,

If you were to bring your truck down to some lower altitude it would be in the 9's Cool
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn September 1st 2009, 12:59 pm

I know, that's why I'm trying so hard to get it to Mission, Canada... I guy I talked to this weekend from Alberta, Canada said they've had recorded D/A's as low as -200'... Yes, that's BELOW sea level... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea September 1st 2009, 3:01 pm

I've raced in below sea level DA before, it's rare but it's freakin' AWESOME!!!
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn September 1st 2009, 7:17 pm

That's what I'm hopin' for... Very Happy

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down