BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How About Another LS Fairmont????? NOT! Video Added

+23
gmsmkr
bc474
Tomasw
maverick
70FB
72mav
zbob
supervel45
Mark Miller
Ranch71460
8liter
bruno
jbozzelle
AZFairlane
DFI429
richter69
jasonf
FalconEh
Mike R
bbf-falcon
69F100
schmitty
billandlori
27 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

How About Another LS Fairmont????? NOT! Video Added - Page 4 Empty Re: How About Another LS Fairmont????? NOT! Video Added

Post  billandlori September 9th 2016, 12:34 am

Here is a quick walk around. Not sure if I should put the hub caps back on or not lol!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

How About Another LS Fairmont????? NOT! Video Added - Page 4 Empty Re: How About Another LS Fairmont????? NOT! Video Added

Post  Coupe Devil September 9th 2016, 7:21 am

Sounds good!
Coupe Devil
Coupe Devil

https://www.facebook.com/NCSpeedlab

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori September 9th 2016, 3:38 pm

Coupe Devil wrote:Sounds good!

Thanks Coupe!!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike R September 9th 2016, 7:39 pm

Nice car Bill, definitely needs a set of dog dish hub caps. If you're interested I may have a pair of rear bumper guards.

Mike R

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori September 9th 2016, 7:57 pm

Mike R wrote:Nice car Bill, definitely needs a set of dog dish hub caps. If you're interested I may have a pair of rear bumper guards.

Thanks Mike!!

I have the full hub caps:
How About Another LS Fairmont????? NOT! Video Added - Page 4 Img-2010

Those bumper guards would be awesome! There is a bit of corrosion around the holes but I can make a backing plate out of stainless plate. How much do you need for them?

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike R September 9th 2016, 9:33 pm

How does the cost of mailing them sound:D

Mike R

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori September 10th 2016, 12:18 am

Mike R wrote:How does the cost of mailing them sound:D

Very cool Mike, you have a PM!!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike R September 10th 2016, 12:45 am

My pleasure Bill, Fairmonts are getting hard to find and parts even harder, us Fairmont guys have to stick together.

Mike R

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike R September 10th 2016, 12:51 am

I might have an antenna, might that interest you?

Mike R

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori September 10th 2016, 10:25 am

Mike R wrote:I might have an antenna, might that interest you?

This is a "radio delete" car so I am going to buy the antenna block off plate. Thanks anyway!!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

How About Another LS Fairmont????? NOT! Video Added - Page 4 Empty it takes forever to find the one shinny penny

Post  70429scj September 13th 2016, 4:52 am

bill as a tbird owner I had followed most of your post from the past as I do the other tbird guys on this forum getting ideas for mine cause I don't care what they say just cause its a foxbody does not mean the aftermarket mustang parts will fit it. now there is a company that makes the repop steel wheels for the mopar in a 15x10x 5.5 backspacing. and the hubcaps would hide that they are mopar wheels, and im sure the make other widths and offsets I believe its summit that sells them for vintage wheels I found a used set on ebay a couple of years ago for my torino think I paid 160 with shipping just keep your eye out cause there out there. now i had to modify a upr lower torque box renforcement for my bird cause the material was not long enough for the lower control arm bolt to go thru if you need pictures and dimensions for that i have them also not sure what your going to do for brakes in the future but I have a pretty cool and reasonable cost fix for that to. now for the real question what are you doing with the bird? the reason I ask is I'm converting mine from a full time bracket car 408w and c4 to 5++and a c6 and am in need of some parts that would help make it street legal and if your not willing to part with any of it I completely understand. now finally when I was looking for a car my first hope was to find a futura or a Fairmont I must have looked at 200 rustbuckets before my tbird appeared so you have a rare one there and make them chevys leave with there head down. also check the early 80-90 crown vic police cars for wheels 15x7 and some of the cars had a real nice oil cooler setup helps with engine temps. I no most people wont do it it but you could always machine the carb mounting pad down some if you close just saying sorry for the book
Thanks,
Steve
might be a able to get a tubular front k member for cheap if your willing to mess with it again.
70429scj
70429scj

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike R September 13th 2016, 7:21 pm

70429scj wrote:bill as a tbird owner I had followed most of your post from the past as I do the other tbird guys on this forum getting ideas for mine cause I don't care what they say just cause its a foxbody does not mean the aftermarket mustang parts will fit it.

I know most Mustang parts won't fit a T-bird but everything that fits a Mustang will fit a Fairmont, they're the same platform with 5 more inches of wheelbase. Everything under my wagon is a mustang part, from the k-member to the mini tubs and all the suspension pieces. Very Happy

Mike R

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori September 13th 2016, 10:43 pm

70429scj wrote:bill as a tbird owner I had followed most of your post from the past as I do the other tbird guys on this forum getting ideas for mine cause I don't care what they say just cause its a foxbody does not mean the aftermarket mustang parts will fit it. now there is a company that makes the repop steel wheels for the mopar in a 15x10x 5.5 backspacing. and the hubcaps would hide that they are mopar wheels, and im sure the make other widths and offsets I believe its summit that sells them for vintage wheels I found a used set on ebay a couple of years ago for my torino think I paid 160 with shipping just keep your eye out cause there out there. now i had to modify a upr lower torque box renforcement for my bird cause the material was not long enough for the lower control arm bolt to go thru if you need pictures and dimensions for that i have them also not sure what your going to do for brakes in the future but I have a pretty cool and reasonable cost fix for that to. now for the real question what are you doing with the bird? the reason I ask is I'm converting mine from a full time bracket car 408w and c4 to 5++and a c6 and am in need of some parts that would help make it street legal and if your not willing to part with any of it I completely understand. now finally when I was looking for a car my first hope was to find a futura or a Fairmont I must have looked at 200 rustbuckets before my tbird appeared so you have a rare one there and make them chevys leave with there head down. also check the early 80-90 crown vic police cars for wheels 15x7 and some of the cars had a real nice oil cooler setup helps with engine temps. I no most people wont do it it but you  could always machine the carb mounting pad down some if you close just saying  sorry for the book
Thanks,
Steve
might be a able to get a tubular front k member for cheap if your willing to mess with it again.

Good info Steve, thanks!!

The T-Bird was getting really tough, the interior was trashed from a former chain smoker lol!! The body was real rusty so the whole thing went to the compacter last fall. I pulled out everything I could use in the fairmont, but cleared everything else out.

Everything has been fitting real good, the only thing that was goofy was the K Member, the rear mounting pads are a little different, I had to elongate one of the holes on each side.

Take care,
Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

How About Another LS Fairmont????? NOT! Video Added - Page 4 Empty education

Post  70429scj September 14th 2016, 11:43 am

that's what I love about this forum I get a free education every time I read a post. I will say a lot of the mustang parts do bolt on or can with a few tweeks. now bill you have made me sad I would have loved to have the whole wiper assembly as it seems to be one of the hardest parts for me to find for my conversion. this is my project right now 5 years of racing it and converting it back to the street 88 bird with 32,000 miles original paint car has no rust suprising as I bought it out of indy  ran 6.6s with a 408w c4 and 4.57 the plan is to make it run faster on pump gas and street tires with a 460-c6-3.90-4.11 gear my other car weighs 3900 with a pump gas 466-c6-4.57 runs 6.75 on street tires so with a 300 pound weight difference and a different gears I will have to make at tad more power to achive my goal so it might be a 521ci to help with the power we will see  
Thanks
Steve
How About Another LS Fairmont????? NOT! Video Added - Page 4 Dsc03712
70429scj
70429scj

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori September 14th 2016, 6:59 pm

70429scj wrote:that's what I love about this forum I get a free education every time I read a post. I will say a lot of the mustang parts do bolt on or can with a few tweeks. now bill you have made me sad I would have loved to have the whole wiper assembly as it seems to be one of the hardest parts for me to find for my conversion. this is my project right now 5 years of racing it and converting it back to the street 88 bird with 32,000 miles original paint car has no rust suprising as I bought it out of indy  ran 6.6s with a 408w c4 and 4.57 the plan is to make it run faster on pump gas and street tires with a 460-c6-3.90-4.11 gear my other car weighs 3900 with a pump gas 466-c6-4.57 runs 6.75 on street tires so with a 300 pound weight difference and a different gears I will have to make at tad more power to achive my goal so it might be a 521ci to help with the power we will see  
Thanks
Steve
How About Another LS Fairmont????? NOT! Video Added - Page 4 Dsc03712

Nice lookin T-Bird Steve!! Love the stance!! The Lincoln Mark VII should have the same linkage, but, you don't see many of them around anymore either!!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori September 28th 2016, 11:11 am

This thing sure is fun, having a blast cruising it around town. Got it appraised this morning, it will be nice to get the insurance set up right!!

The rear tires will need replacing very soon lol!!

How About Another LS Fairmont????? NOT! Video Added - Page 4 Img-2011

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  crittersf1 September 28th 2016, 2:35 pm

Nice ride!
crittersf1
crittersf1

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Merkl September 29th 2016, 1:09 am

Good looking ride!
Frank
Frank Merkl
Frank Merkl

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori September 29th 2016, 10:13 am

Frank Merkl wrote:Good looking ride!
Frank

Thanks Frank!! It shifts real good thanks to your shift kit!!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori October 8th 2016, 12:38 am

Finally made it to the track tonight. I haven't been in about 25 years so the reaction times were pretty sleepy the first couple rounds but did get them improved.

Its got skinny 205/75R14 ice tires so traction was pretty weak. It would hook, hike the front and the bust em loose. Ran a mid 13, with real soft 2.05 60 foot.

It pulled hard, didn't break and had a blast!!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4