BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How About Another LS Fairmont????? NOT! Video Added

+23
gmsmkr
bc474
Tomasw
maverick
70FB
72mav
zbob
supervel45
Mark Miller
Ranch71460
8liter
bruno
jbozzelle
AZFairlane
DFI429
richter69
jasonf
FalconEh
Mike R
bbf-falcon
69F100
schmitty
billandlori
27 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

How About Another LS Fairmont????? NOT! Video Added Empty How About Another LS Fairmont????? NOT! Video Added

Post  billandlori January 18th 2015, 2:19 am

Hey folks,

I have been off the forum for quite a while. A year and a half ago, the engine let go in my semi and I decided to do the over-haul myself. All was going real good and just when I was going to start putting it back together my wife had a stroke (actually a brain bleed). This took several months but thankfully she was blessed with a full recovery. Really put us in the hole as I am the only money maker.

Things are looking up now but my 83 T-Bird is looking pretty rough. Rust in the strut towers, torque boxes, found a bunch of bondo in one quarter panel.

So I was cruising the classifieds and ran across a 1980 Fairmont. The car is super mint, old lady owned car. I put a deposit on it so it wouldn't be sold and the last weekend we drove 5 hours each way to grab it. It turned out better than I could have imagined!!

Its NOT getting an LS, but lots of Big Block Ford goodness!!

How About Another LS Fairmont????? NOT! Video Added Stratford-20150117-00135
How About Another LS Fairmont????? NOT! Video Added Stratford-20150117-00133
How About Another LS Fairmont????? NOT! Video Added Stratford-20150117-00127

Less than 40,000 miles for a 35 year old car....nicest project I've started with!!

I'll keep updating as it progresses.

Bill" />

Last edited by billandlori on September 9th 2016, 12:33 am; edited 3 times in total
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

How About Another LS Fairmont????? NOT! Video Added Empty Re: How About Another LS Fairmont????? NOT! Video Added

Post  schmitty January 18th 2015, 7:52 am

Nice to see you here again. Glad the Good Lord blessed the wife with a full recovery and blessed you with a nice car project. cheers
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

How About Another LS Fairmont????? NOT! Video Added Empty Re: How About Another LS Fairmont????? NOT! Video Added

Post  69F100 January 18th 2015, 12:50 pm

schmitty wrote:Nice to see you here again.  Glad the Good Lord blessed the wife with a full recovery and blessed you with a nice car project. cheers

X2
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori January 18th 2015, 1:49 pm

Thanks guys! Its going to be a good project, instead of fixing rust I can focus on the fun stuff!!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon January 18th 2015, 3:05 pm

schmitty wrote:Nice to see you here again.  Glad the Good Lord blessed the wife with a full recovery and blessed you with a nice car project. cheers

X3

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike R January 18th 2015, 7:45 pm

X2, nice Mont Very Happy

Mike R

Back to top Go down

Post  FalconEh January 18th 2015, 8:31 pm

cheers for your wifes full recovery, and the aquisition of a very nice Fairmont...get'r done!
FalconEh
FalconEh

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf January 18th 2015, 9:08 pm

My dad was a truck driver so I am all too familiar with the way you are living. Glad to see you picked up the Fairmont.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 January 18th 2015, 10:07 pm

My buddy here in town the LS single turbo mont laid down 1440 on his chassis dyno last week, sad thing is the brown car would own it at the track lol
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  FalconEh January 18th 2015, 10:16 pm

richter69 wrote:My buddy here in town the LS single turbo mont laid down 1440 on his chassis dyno last week, sad thing is the brown car would own it at the track lol

FuK mybe I need to sell this heavy shit and by a Busa with some turbo and frost...1440 on the rears...shi^ my pit bike always get me to the burger stand, and the porta P, changing my name to TurtleEh caus my shit is waaaaay too fn slow!
FalconEh
FalconEh

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori January 18th 2015, 11:05 pm

richter69 wrote:My buddy here in town the LS single turbo mont laid down 1440 on his chassis dyno last week, sad thing is the brown car would own it at the track lol

There seems to be a bunch of crazy fast turbo LS Monts. I hope to have a fairly quick all Ford one lol!!

I do have an extra C15 Cat turbo sitting around.......

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori January 18th 2015, 11:49 pm

Oh, and what's all this about some flat black Mustang kickin the pants off some whiney Sonoma driver??? Nice job Jon!!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty January 19th 2015, 10:56 am

billandlori wrote:

There seems to be a bunch of crazy fast turbo LS Monts. I hope to have a fairly quick all Ford one lol!!

Bill

I wonder if it could be made to work?????? scratch
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  DFI429 January 19th 2015, 3:21 pm

schmitty wrote:
billandlori wrote:

Bill

I wonder if it could be made to work?????? scratch

Funny, my chassis guy had an old dump truck turbo hanging around the shop for the longest time... Picked up a Zephyr & mated a junkyard 460 & the turbo to it (blow thru).  Funniest thing I've ever ridden in - I think it made over 700ft-lbs under 5000rpm lol
DFI429
DFI429

http://home.comcast.net/~dfi429/

Back to top Go down

Post  AZFairlane January 19th 2015, 4:45 pm

Alright! Another "other fox body in the works". Very Happy
AZFairlane
AZFairlane
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle January 19th 2015, 4:58 pm

Sweet Futura!

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike R January 19th 2015, 10:23 pm

Fairmonts are the redhead step children of the fox body camp but have many advantages. longer wheel base, better weight distribution to the rear, more adjustable instant center and, lighter weight

and the ability to use the best fox body stuff to their advantage. There are a lot of Mont /Zephers coming up watch your back. they' re right behind you

Last edited by Mike R on January 20th 2015, 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Drunken spelling)

Mike R

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno January 20th 2015, 7:54 am

wow you have a collection of cars !!!! but she sure is purtty

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori January 20th 2015, 7:10 pm

bruno wrote:wow you have a collection of cars !!!! but she sure is purtty

Well, I have a lot of projects lol!! Trying to finish up my daughter's Jeep Wrangler, then I have been instructed I have to finish my wife's 72 Nova, then on to the Mont!! The T-Bird is giving up all its good parts to be used on the Fairmont. Going to be a busy next couple months!!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  8liter January 20th 2015, 9:38 pm

Welcome to the mont family..i got a boxtop back in the summer. Straight no rust  car,but the Texas sun baked it..

How About Another LS Fairmont????? NOT! Video Added IMAG0749-1_zpse3a62000
8liter
8liter

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori January 20th 2015, 9:45 pm

8liter wrote:Welcome to the mont family..i got a boxtop back in the summer. Straight no rust  car,but the Texas sun baked it...

That's quite a sleeper!!
This is my second one, I had a '78 Futura a bunch of years ago but it fell victim to the rust belt up here!! This car looks like it didn't get any winters, pretty hard to find around here!!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  8liter January 20th 2015, 9:47 pm

billandlori wrote:
8liter wrote:Welcome to the mont family..i got a boxtop back in the summer. Straight no rust  car,but the Texas sun baked it...

That's quite a sleeper!!
This is my second one, I had a '78 Futura a bunch of years ago but it fell victim to the rust belt up here!! This car looks like it didn't get any winters, pretty hard to find around here!!

Bill

Yours looks grocery getter fresh....
8liter
8liter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranch71460 January 22nd 2015, 8:31 pm

Nice find Bill.
Don't forget about the baddest Fairmont of all, that retired undefeated...non other than Bob Glidden's!!
Ranch71460
Ranch71460

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori January 22nd 2015, 8:49 pm

Ranch71460 wrote:Nice find Bill.
Don't forget about the baddest Fairmont of all, that retired undefeated...non other than Bob Glidden's!!

Yes Sir, that was one bad ride!!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori March 6th 2016, 9:31 pm

Hey folks,

I've been working away on the Fairmont every chance I get. Got all the torque boxes all welded up and through the floor subframe connectors installed. Got the line lock and brakes plumbed. The K member is prepped to go back in with the 1.5" spacers. Have to button up the top end of the engine and drop that in. Once the rest of my rear suspension stuff get in I can get it down on all fours again, its been awhile lol!! The interior is all done except for the shifter.

How About Another LS Fairmont????? NOT! Video Added Img-2013
How About Another LS Fairmont????? NOT! Video Added Img-2014
How About Another LS Fairmont????? NOT! Video Added Img-2015

With stands under the rear control arm mounts, I can pick up the front of the car. These things sure are light!!

Hope to turn the key soon and melt some tires!!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next