BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Time Big Blocker...Long Time Ford Fan

+2
Mark Miller
72GTSNCode
6 posters

Go down

First Time Big Blocker...Long Time Ford Fan Empty First Time Big Blocker...Long Time Ford Fan

Post  72GTSNCode November 6th 2009, 12:44 am

Great to join the ranks of BBF fans. As a teenager in the 70's, I became a fan of Fords starting off with a 67 Falcon Futura with a 289 and 4 speed as my first hotrod. In 76 acquired a 72 Gran Torino Sport with a 351 Cleveland that after being inspired by Bob Glidden (only live a few miles from my home) turned into a stroker before it was called a stroker.
Well, nearly 30 years, two children now grown, 5 moves, and now a larger garage I determined it was time to get back into hotrods.
My search recently uncovered another 1972 Gran Torino Sport fastback N code car in the Arizona desert.
The orginal engine had been replaced by a 429 D0VE thunderjet which had not run since 1991.
Since removal and tear down, it is now in the capable hands of Gary Grimes (Grimes Twister Engines) having all the good machine work completed to create a 514.
I will be looking for a bunch of help as I am trying to keep this in a reasonable cost range but want a good street engine that will demonstrate just what a classic muscle car should be.

Promise I will not create any more novels....
Eric (Atlanta GA)

72GTSNCode

Back to top Go down

First Time Big Blocker...Long Time Ford Fan Empty Re: First Time Big Blocker...Long Time Ford Fan

Post  Mark Miller November 6th 2009, 12:50 am

Welcome,I would like to see some pictures of your car if you have some.

Later Mark.

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

First Time Big Blocker...Long Time Ford Fan Empty Re: First Time Big Blocker...Long Time Ford Fan

Post  the Coug November 6th 2009, 12:54 am

Erik you can throw that reasonable cost range out the window, I started that way also and it still costing me so Reasonable Ain't happenin....... Shocked

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon November 12th 2009, 3:15 pm

Welcome Eric,We don't mind the novels,Hell this place is always a DRAMA. Rolling Eyes

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea November 12th 2009, 6:27 pm

Welcome to the BBF Forum Eric,

You should see some of my Novels that I post on here Rolling Eyes lol!
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

First Time Big Blocker...Long Time Ford Fan Empty Photos

Post  72GTSNCode November 15th 2009, 7:31 pm

Here are a couple of snapshots of the 72 Gran Torino Sport N code I found in AZ.
Unfortunate (or maybe not) the original 429 was replaced with a D0VE engine that is now serving as the base for my rebuild.
Engine is back from the machine shop this week and now in the process of putting the short block back together.

First Time Big Blocker...Long Time Ford Fan Engine11First Time Big Blocker...Long Time Ford Fan Undern10First Time Big Blocker...Long Time Ford Fan Right_11First Time Big Blocker...Long Time Ford Fan Left_s10

72GTSNCode

Back to top Go down

Post  studly November 15th 2009, 8:56 pm

nice ride, keep us updated
studly
studly

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller November 16th 2009, 1:37 am

That's a solid looking car and probably pretty rare with a 429 in it from the factory.It's weird seeing a BBF with a 2 barrel carb on it,thanks for posting the pictures.

Later Mark.

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down