BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

long time reader first time registering

4 posters

Go down

long time reader first time registering Empty long time reader first time registering

Post  meyersracing March 10th 2011, 2:47 pm

Hey my name is cory, I have been reading different tech ?'s figuring out insight into building my own. Now that I am really lost i wanted to sign up and ask anyone that knows what i really dont. So here we go I have a 1974-79(a mutt) f250 that i race, it has eagle 514 kit ,srp flat top pistons +3cc , solid roller comp cam 270@ .50 .690lift, edelbrock vic jr intake, pro systems sv-1 carb, and p51 heads on the way. Where I am really stuck is the P51 heads. Is anyone bought these and if so what modification to your set up did you have to do. Was there anything you had to buy special from them. If anyone has some info that would be great. Nice to meet you all and looking forward to the diffferent helpful topics.
meyersracing
meyersracing

Back to top Go down

long time reader first time registering Empty Re: long time reader first time registering

Post  richter69 March 10th 2011, 3:33 pm

valve reliefs in the pistons, pushrods, guideplates etc will be different on the P51 over the std stuff.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

long time reader first time registering Empty Re: long time reader first time registering

Post  Bill Dozzer March 10th 2011, 10:39 pm

Welcome.
Bill Dozzer
Bill Dozzer

Back to top Go down

Post  meyersracing March 11th 2011, 12:17 am

richter69 wrote:valve reliefs in the pistons, pushrods, guideplates etc will be different on the P51 over the std stuff.

Did you get a set? the reason for asking is so that i can see what i m going to have to get. What did the heads come with, did you get bare or assembled? thanks for any info you could give me
meyersracing
meyersracing

Back to top Go down

Post  dirt_worker March 11th 2011, 1:25 am

Make sure your headstuds have the 12pt nuts. Standard 6pts wont clear the rocker stud bosses....as john said they have a different int. valve angle then factory iron stuff so unless you've already had alum SCJs new valve pockets are required.
dirt_worker
dirt_worker

Back to top Go down

Post  meyersracing March 11th 2011, 8:34 am

thanks for the input
meyersracing
meyersracing

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 March 11th 2011, 11:34 am

I bought my bare castings, springs, retainers, guideplates, exhaust valve from B.F. Evans and they went to Charlie Evans for porting, intake valves, locks, and assy.

Mine were not put on "out of the box"....... Very Happy
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  meyersracing March 11th 2011, 12:29 pm

yeah we got the assembled roller heads. so all we have to do is the fly cut the pistons, thanks again this was a huge help. Plus i finally broke down and called kaase to see what it came with. this is the first time i ve gotten aluminum heads , always ran the stock ported heads, didnt realize how heavy they were till i weighed them(67 lbs. each).
meyersracing
meyersracing

Back to top Go down

Post  dirt_worker March 11th 2011, 1:02 pm

dirt_worker wrote: Standard 6pts wont clear the rocker stud bosses....

Actually i might add that they nuts will clear the rocker stud bosses, but you wont be able to get a socket on to torque em down Laughing
dirt_worker
dirt_worker

Back to top Go down

Post  meyersracing March 12th 2011, 3:01 am

So why is it the pistons have to have the valve relief. I dont know crap when it comes to this. I just learn what my dad has taught me over the years.
meyersracing
meyersracing

Back to top Go down

Post  dirt_worker March 12th 2011, 11:32 am

Not sure I understand your question as asked. The p51 and the alum Ford racing scjs have the valves relocated and at different angles than factory iron heads. W/o proper valve to piston clearance you'll end up w bent valves and a severely damaged engine. Many of the piston companys make the correct piston for your combination.
dirt_worker
dirt_worker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum