BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

532 stroker build for a cobra

+5
maverick
rmcomprandy
2fox
dfree383
lvhdude
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

532 stroker build for a cobra - Page 2 Empty Re: 532 stroker build for a cobra

Post  lvhdude January 22nd 2013, 12:21 am

IDT-572 wrote:If I were doing one it would be a 514 or 521 with a set of TFS Streets @ 10:1 compression, torquer two intake,
good hydraulic cam, just small enough to make it drive nice.

The small runner intake of the Streets and good combustion chamber would make a killer street engine. (small runners and big cube's make good torque, and the TFS heads flow well enough to make good hp too).

And you can run the primary's lean and the secondary's fat to make the total AFR right under full throttle and still have good fuel milage, well as good as a BBF will get in a light chassis. Just don't lug it too hard in the higher gears and low rpm.

WOT will be a very short event when ever and where ever you choose to do it. Twisted Evil

JMHO

This sounds like a good combo. I agree WOT will not be a prolonged event, LOL!!

lvhdude

Back to top Go down

532 stroker build for a cobra - Page 2 Empty Re: 532 stroker build for a cobra

Post  lvhdude January 22nd 2013, 12:27 am

why not a Cleveland ? build it for the power you want and it does have the Big Block look [/quote]

Well actually it has a cleveland look, and it's just not a BB. I have built a couple of 400's for 4X4's I like the 4" stock stroke, and they were easy to build with oem cleveland flattops for a 10:1 budget build. Back in the early 80's not so many choices for pistons/heads/manifolds like there are now. But I'm fixated on a 385 series stroker for this car.

lvhdude

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2