BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New2theGroup~Greetings~L@@KN 2 build a 460 stroker HELP:)

4 posters

Go down

New2theGroup~Greetings~L@@KN 2 build a 460 stroker HELP:) Empty New2theGroup~Greetings~L@@KN 2 build a 460 stroker HELP:)

Post  eod4paws April 17th 2010, 10:49 pm

Greetings from Colorado!!!

I am new to the group and just medically retired 8-28-09 when I went into my wheelchair. I want to rebuild a 1986 F350 460 motor and my buddy jokingly said hey whay dont you just stroke it to a 521 or 527.... Never considerd doing this but HEY WHY NOT Smile Live Laugh and Love in any order but do it daily Smile

So I was asking at www.allfordmustangs.com about help and what to buy and how to build and a member posted your link !

Here I am and want to see about what to do and how to do it.
My budget is 5K. The current 460 has about 220K on it and I traded a SA NM M1A rifle for it. The body is good square and minimal rust in the fenders.

This has been a farm truck with one owner and the husband/father recently died. The son was wanting to trade and it's a done deal.

Truck runs ok but has worked on a farm all it's life pulling stock trailers and such.

Knowing A good rebuild is in my favor I am content and ready to wrench on her.

The first thing my wife said was NO MODS, Big Tires, Loud Motor, No turning it into a monster truck or a redneck ride."

So I figured I will do all the mods at one time instead of over the months, and get "the Look" once instead of monthy Smile

Well here is what I am asking for:

What and why would you do to make it as "Cool ~ Hotrod" Motor Wise? I like the 521/ 527 stroker idea and want to go all out as possible.

eod4paws

Back to top Go down

New2theGroup~Greetings~L@@KN 2 build a 460 stroker HELP:) Empty Re: New2theGroup~Greetings~L@@KN 2 build a 460 stroker HELP:)

Post  bbf-falcon April 18th 2010, 10:51 pm

Another thought to ponder. You can also build a 557 in a stock block as cheap as a 521. Shocked and OH I almost forgot, Welcome to the site Wink

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

New2theGroup~Greetings~L@@KN 2 build a 460 stroker HELP:) Empty Re: New2theGroup~Greetings~L@@KN 2 build a 460 stroker HELP:)

Post  bruno April 19th 2010, 7:55 am

welcome to the site , sounds like a cool build

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 April 22nd 2010, 6:50 am

Welcome !! Sounds like a budget Stroker kit and a set of TFS streets is inline here !! Lem just did a "Bad to the Bone" truck motor build in the last few months.

545", 9:1, Hyd FT, TFS Streets, Headers and Let it Eat !!
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down