BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEED AFTER MARKET N CASE FOR 9" ASAP

+7
QtrWarrior
bbf-falcon
66prostreetfairlane
the Coug
DanH
schmitty
JT557
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

NEED AFTER MARKET N CASE FOR 9" ASAP - Page 2 Empty Re: NEED AFTER MARKET N CASE FOR 9" ASAP

Post  dfree383 November 22nd 2011, 9:29 am

The Pro cases are a whole lot stronger then the base ones, the base stuff is for street rod and low hp use.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

NEED AFTER MARKET N CASE FOR 9" ASAP - Page 2 Empty Re: NEED AFTER MARKET N CASE FOR 9" ASAP

Post  the Coug November 22nd 2011, 12:51 pm

66prostreetfairlane wrote:
66prostreetfairlane wrote:i will be in the market for a case myself here a few months so what is the difference between the $238 strange case i found and the one Dan has? i have sunk enough money in my project now that, i go with the good stuff because i don't want to wind up kicking myself later for getting cheap esp on something as important as the case. I'm here to learn and don't pretend to know everything.

bueler??
anyone with an answer?

if you will look at the numbers on the cases, they are made with different options cast caps, forged or billit, some even have different strength nodular iron, extra reinforcement ribs. look up the numbers and the one you are looking at and see what it says...
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  66prostreetfairlane November 22nd 2011, 1:08 pm

Thank you that explains everything very well. Looks like with my hp i will be going with a pro case here in the up coming months.
66prostreetfairlane
66prostreetfairlane

https://www.reiautomationsquad.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 November 22nd 2011, 3:52 pm

The pro stuff typical has different bearing size options too to accomidated larger axels. 35-40 spline stuff is not compatable with smaller bearing factory style carriers.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  JT557 November 23rd 2011, 5:55 am

the Coug wrote:JT557 you will not be sorry you bought a Strange, or a Mosier, I have several of each. JT557 if you want to know look at the material used strange and mosier give you what strength material they use the cheaper ones just say Aluminum or nodular iron. their are different grades of each.... Back about 20 years ago I was Racing in Lubbock Tx, there was a guy there had this Absolutely Beautiful Vega, nice paint narrowed Rear big tires Tunnel Rammed small block. he raced a few time and I watched him He ran mid to low 9s . I was in the staging lanes about 3 cars back when he did his burn out and staged, the lights came down and he and this 67 Camaro launched they were side by side till about 1/2 track when the Vega took a sharp right hit the guardrail then bounched off and went hard left his car rolled and bounched off the ground. I watched as he went over the Camaro upside down, he cleared the Camaro by almost a foot and went over the left guardrail and rolled a half a dozen times end over end. The car was Totalled Period. They took the guy to the hospitol and later that afternoon he was back at the track, I got a few minutes to stop and visit with him. He told me he spent everything he had on building the car and lacked Good axles--------- so he cheaped out and payed to have some stockers narrowed and resplined so he could run that weekend. He told me I sure wish I would have waited a few weeks and bought some good ones Crying or Very sad He got 3 runs before his cheapness (on one part) caught him and cost everything he had invested, and almost cost him his life......
BTW.. in my build there is no junk in this car ,i already have strange axils 35 spline, 9" housing out of a old truck ,witch is thicker guage iron housing, 14 point cage, mid plate ,front plate sfi bell, and so on......the cheepest part in my motor is the trick flow pushrods....other than that ,I dont think i've cheeped out yet,, but thanx for the lesson about the axils.....I figured I'm doing this once ,,so do it right.... and i have kids ,so safty is priority.......JT557............
JT557
JT557

Back to top Go down

Post  bosshoss November 23rd 2011, 3:04 pm

JT. It is just my humble opinion but if I have read this post correctly your plan is to still go with the cheaper Strange "S" type housing.

According to the strange website that housing is meant for street and lower horsepower applications. It appears to me that you have built a pretty healthy race car that you intend to flog hard. I have no experience with that particular part number personally but when I look at the difference in weight between that and the pro version I have to believe that the pro version is much stronger.

Probably not a safety issue but could very well save you money in the long term on gear life and such. Just sayin...

S series housing p/n N2206 26.7 lbs 240.00

Pro series iron housing p/n N1906 33.5 lbs 330.00

dkp
bosshoss
bosshoss
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  JT557 November 25th 2011, 8:01 am

bosshoss wrote:JT. It is just my humble opinion but if I have read this post correctly your plan is to still go with the cheaper Strange "S" type housing.

According to the strange website that housing is meant for street and lower horsepower applications. It appears to me that you have built a pretty healthy race car that you intend to flog hard. I have no experience with that particular part number personally but when I look at the difference in weight between that and the pro version I have to believe that the pro version is much stronger.

Probably not a safety issue but could very well save you money in the long term on gear life and such. Just sayin...

S series housing p/n N2206 26.7 lbs 240.00

Pro series iron housing p/n N1906 33.5 lbs 330.00

dkp
Well,verry proud of myself on this first ford build,I definately want longevity,although my councelors,seem to think,that the summit brand n-case would have worked,for the 800 to 850hp range , but they were'nt thinking of my end rusult of 1,200hp after I get max hp from raw motor ,,, my intentions are a 350 shot of juice, sooo... I decided to go with the strange case, because of it's good name,and durrability... but , now I seem to be finding out that my choise should be reconsidered i will converse with my teem and choose with greater attention to theese facts, I appreciate all comments and humble opinions thanx.....JT557........
JT557
JT557

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug November 25th 2011, 12:03 pm

JT557 I understand the reason to chose something of lower value but in rearend and suspension is not any place to skimp, breakage shows up fast and usually deadly.

have a good holiday
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  JT557 November 25th 2011, 8:34 pm

the Coug wrote:JT557 I understand the reason to chose something of lower value but in rearend and suspension is not any place to skimp, breakage shows up fast and usually deadly.

have a good holiday
yes I agree ,i have seen some horrific crashes ,and near misses ,do to product failure, and some of it

could be due to mistakes like i almost made here so advise well taken and , about to do the right thing ... so no skimpin from here on ,,,thanx for catchen me ,,, .....JT557..........
JT557
JT557

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2