BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Im in the market for a new set of heads........so which ones?

+4
dfree383
c.evans
ThndrChkn
Race Ready Fabrications
8 posters

Go down

Im in the market for a new set of heads........so which ones? Empty Im in the market for a new set of heads........so which ones?

Post  Race Ready Fabrications October 26th 2010, 12:10 am

So racing season is over for me and ive been kickin around the idea of a new set of heads. Im currently running a nice set of DOVES that have been ported and have large valves. Im lookin at either the FMS SCJ's or the trick flows. Heres a run down of my combo....
501 cu in 4.390 bore 4.140 stroke cast crank
14:1 cr ross pistons
venolia aluminum rods 6.700
victor intake....holley 1050
comp solid roller 304 312
.726 .726
268 276@ .050

My car (3000lb foxbody coupe) with this combo has gone a 6.20 @110mph with only a 1.391 60 foot. So the potential is there i just think the heads are holding me back. So the million dollar question is which heads are gonna give me my best bang for the buck and improve my combo the most as it currently is. Thanks Brian Spears
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

Im in the market for a new set of heads........so which ones? Empty Re: Im in the market for a new set of heads........so which ones?

Post  ThndrChkn October 26th 2010, 12:24 am

I have these: https://www.429-460.com/stuff-for-sale-f1/top-end-package-f-s-t7423.htm
Don't know if you're wanting to change your pistons or not though...? Since you already have a Victor intake, I'd knock off the cost of that from my package sale. Wink

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Im in the market for a new set of heads........so which ones? Empty Re: Im in the market for a new set of heads........so which ones?

Post  c.evans October 26th 2010, 1:17 am

Brian,

With your current pistons, a set of TFS Streets, a set of Blue Thunders, or a set of Edelbrocks will bolt right on. A set of Pro Comps would too, but you most likely won't be gaining anything over your already ported DOVE heads. IMO the best bang for the buck and also the most horsepower would be from the TFS Streets.

Now then, by removing your pistons and having another intake valve relief cut in them (shallow) you can use a set of Ford SCJ heads, or a set of P-51 heads.

So the choice is yours. I'm having supper over at Boonville Tuesday night, the Lawyers and I are going to grab a bite, so why don't you join us and we can talk about your upgrades some more.

Charlie Evans
(270)685-4654

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 October 26th 2010, 5:57 am

Any of the choices Charlie has mentioned will get-r-done.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  fatal addiction October 26th 2010, 8:16 pm

my dad has a set of motorsport a heads with a set of 4.390 bore pistons complete for 3000.00 obo?
fatal addiction
fatal addiction

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle October 27th 2010, 11:28 am

You got flat or dome pistons?

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Race Ready Fabrications October 27th 2010, 5:43 pm

jbozzelle wrote:You got flat or dome pistons?

dome
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

Post  AZFairlane October 27th 2010, 6:07 pm

Brian, you have a PM.
AZFairlane
AZFairlane
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 October 27th 2010, 9:10 pm

dfree383 wrote:Any of the choices Charlie has mentioned will get-r-done.

Even the Pro Comp's Dave affraid I would leave the pro comps off the list as charlies said you more than likely would not gain any hp with them over your doves.

Dave don't take it the wrong way just messing with you. lol!

Jim
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 October 27th 2010, 9:11 pm

69F100 wrote:
dfree383 wrote:Any of the choices Charlie has mentioned will get-r-done.

Even the Pro Comp's Dave affraid I would leave the pro comps off the list as charlies said you more than likely would not gain any hp with them over your doves.

Dave don't take it the wrong way just messing with you. lol!

Jim

Don't know how I done this dubble post
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down