BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEED AFTER MARKET N CASE FOR 9" ASAP

+7
QtrWarrior
bbf-falcon
66prostreetfairlane
the Coug
DanH
schmitty
JT557
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

NEED AFTER MARKET N CASE FOR 9" ASAP Empty NEED AFTER MARKET N CASE FOR 9" ASAP

Post  JT557 October 25th 2011, 9:32 pm

I need a nodular case , had one used but turned out to be a ford factory case and need to put big 3.250 bearing in ,and stock case wont work for me and also dont trust stock case ,with my combo,so if you got one you would part with for reasonable price let me know .....JT557.........
JT557
JT557

Back to top Go down

NEED AFTER MARKET N CASE FOR 9" ASAP Empty Re: NEED AFTER MARKET N CASE FOR 9" ASAP

Post  schmitty October 25th 2011, 10:16 pm

Quick Performance in Iowa is always a good place to get 9" stuff, real good prices too.
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

NEED AFTER MARKET N CASE FOR 9" ASAP Empty Re: NEED AFTER MARKET N CASE FOR 9" ASAP

Post  DanH October 27th 2011, 9:55 am

I got a New Strange Eng . 3.250 9" case . $315 shipped

DanH

Back to top Go down

NEED AFTER MARKET N CASE FOR 9" ASAP Empty n-case

Post  JT557 November 19th 2011, 6:20 am

DanH wrote:I got a New Strange Eng . 3.250 9" case . $315 shipped
dan ,not tryin to be an *ss but $315 shiped is way too much money arent we here on this site to try and save a few dollers? summit has new case for $204 i was lookin for used case that maybe would be a little cheeper than $204 so far I'm goin to summit
JT557
JT557

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug November 19th 2011, 6:54 am

you may get a no name for that but he was saying he had a strange case lot of difference......I think the last one I had to assemble I had to grind on the case to clear the gears... just a heads up
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  DanH November 19th 2011, 10:21 am

JT557 wrote:
dan ,not tryin to be an *ss but $315 shiped is way too much money arent we here on this site to try and save a few dollers? summit has new case for $204 i was lookin for used case that maybe would be a little cheeper than $204 so far I'm goin to summit

Check Summit price for Strange Eng. 9" 3.250" bearing case .

If you can buy the same Strange Eng. case for $204 , I should have bought it from you

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  66prostreetfairlane November 19th 2011, 12:25 pm

i guess the better question would be what part# you have?

summit has this currently for $238
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/STR-N2206/
66prostreetfairlane
66prostreetfairlane

https://www.reiautomationsquad.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  DanH November 20th 2011, 8:40 am

N1906 , your right should have said the part #

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon November 20th 2011, 12:02 pm

I have bought parts from Dan H. before. Believe me,he knows his parts and is very reasonable on price. Very good seller. Very Happy

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior November 20th 2011, 12:19 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:I have bought parts from Dan H. before. Believe me,he knows his parts and is very reasonable on price. Very good seller. Very Happy

X2
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 November 20th 2011, 7:44 pm

the Coug wrote:you may get a no name for that but he was saying he had a strange case lot of difference......I think the last one I had to assemble I had to grind on the case to clear the gears... just a heads up

no uncommon to have to grind the case, but now some gears come pre -ground, but i prefer to grind the gears instead of the case now
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  JT557 November 20th 2011, 8:08 pm

DanH wrote:
JT557 wrote:

Check Summit price for Strange Eng. 9" 3.250" bearing case .

If you can buy the same Strange Eng. case for $204 , I should have bought it from you
Ok, i I was'nt tryin to be a smart *ss just sayin what was in my price range for a n-case. $238 is'nt bad for a strange either but i think the summit brand would work for me also....
JT557
JT557

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 November 20th 2011, 8:12 pm

The unit Dan has is a lot better than the 200 dollar summit deal...............IMO spend the extra cash and get the better case. You wont break the better of the 2, no matter what you throw at it.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug November 20th 2011, 9:16 pm

Jon most of these guy would rather go cheap rather than buy a good one that way they can Bitch when something breaks, and they think it shouldn't. if he could have got it for $2.00 it would have been better.

this is the reason China is making Pro Crap stuff cuz most people think it is as good as the top end stuff and dirt cheap.... Rolling Eyes

boy wouldn't they have crapped if they gave $400+ for an Aluminum case like a couple of mine

Last edited by the Coug on November 20th 2011, 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 November 20th 2011, 9:17 pm

you should see the overkill going back into mine this winter lol, still gonna run the stock case glide though................. Wink
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug November 20th 2011, 9:20 pm

richter69 wrote:you should see the overkill going back into mine this winter lol, still gonna run the stock case glide though................. Wink

WHY you could spend $2000 and have the same deal you have now..... you cheap scape...... Razz
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

NEED AFTER MARKET N CASE FOR 9" ASAP Empty question regarding the two cases

Post  66prostreetfairlane November 21st 2011, 12:50 am

i will be in the market for a case myself here a few months so what is the difference between the $238 strange case i found and the one Dan has? i have sunk enough money in my project now that, i go with the good stuff because i don't want to wind up kicking myself later for getting cheap esp on something as important as the case. I'm here to learn and don't pretend to know everything.
66prostreetfairlane
66prostreetfairlane

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug November 21st 2011, 1:16 am

66prostreetfairlane wrote:i will be in the market for a case myself here a few months so what is the difference between the $238 strange case i found and the one Dan has? i have sunk enough money in my project now that, i go with the good stuff because i don't want to wind up kicking myself later for getting cheap esp on something as important as the case. I'm here to learn and don't pretend to know everything.

I have built some of the cheaper cases and have had problems with Gear patterns, the last one I did for a guy I had alot of grinding to clear the ring gear. before you ask if I was sure on the pattern, I had a Strange Aluminum case there and took everything out and put it in there----- Ill be damned if the pattern was spot on and almost perfect. ( which told me the pinion was a few thousands high cuz it wanted to run on the edge of the gear face) I explained this to the guy that owned the stuff he was ok with it so I left it and explained it I was not liable for his misfortune, he has been running them for over a year....

also if you are getting one make sure it has a fill hole on the side where the factory ones were I had to drill one and tap it so he could check his grease

Just a side Note: if you intend on using a Posi style and wish to order Summit installation kit ( expect to buy new bolts the ones in the kits are way to short ((unless you think 3 or 4 threads is enough to hold your ring gear Shocked )
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug November 21st 2011, 1:34 am

another thing is if have everything to put one together and are short the white or yellow gear paste ( go to WalMart and buy some cheap red lip stick and a small brush it works great or color of your choice)
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  DanH November 21st 2011, 12:53 pm

Randy . good info on lipstick for gear pattern

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug November 21st 2011, 3:20 pm

Also if you do not have a spanner wrench take a 10" piece of 3/4 inch x 1/8 thick flat strap and take 2, 5/16 bolts with a shoulder 4 nuts and 2 lock washers make sure the bolts have at least 1/2 shoulder drill one hole and spin one nut down to the threads and put it thru the strap and put on lock washer and other nut and tighten. Take a hack saw and cut the bolt head off and slip on the spanner nut on the sawed off bolt and turn it to about 1/3 across the nut and drill another hole and do the same with the other bolt. Now you have a spanner wrench
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  JT557 November 22nd 2011, 6:28 am

the Coug wrote:Jon most of these guy would rather go cheap rather than buy a good one that way they can Bitch when something breaks, and they think it shouldn't. if he could have got it for $2.00 it would have been better.

this is the reason China is making Pro Crap stuff cuz most people think it is as good as the top end stuff and dirt cheap.... Rolling Eyes

boy wouldn't they have crapped if they gave $400+ for an Aluminum case like a couple of mine
Hey, ya know how much money i saved by searching for parts cheep ? and beeing persistant on saving a few bucks,and finding good parts,for cheep price and not the cheep shit ??? i have found out that if you keep pushing and pushing and not settling for a wile you find the good stuff for cheep or you spend a few extra dollers for the good stuff and you get whats needed not what i think will work,,,, and i also learn from you guys what not to buy ,,so ,, for $34 more dollers i'll buy the strange n-case from summit see how i learnd what to buy and , compared to dan-h 's n-case I saved $62 dollers and to me thats a savings cause that $62 dollers can buy my line lock so even if its only a little money i get another part by buying the good shit ,and wont break shit in the long run... so in my eyes i will be saving a sh*t load of money ....Thanx coug you wont hear me bitchin.........JT557...........
JT557
JT557

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug November 22nd 2011, 7:45 am

JT557 you will not be sorry you bought a Strange, or a Mosier, I have several of each. JT557 if you want to know look at the material used strange and mosier give you what strength material they use the cheaper ones just say Aluminum or nodular iron. their are different grades of each....

Back about 20 years ago I was Racing in Lubbock Tx, there was a guy there had this Absolutely Beautiful Vega, nice paint narrowed Rear big tires Tunnel Rammed small block. he raced a few time and I watched him He ran mid to low 9s . I was in the staging lanes about 3 cars back when he did his burn out and staged, the lights came down and he and this 67 Camaro launched they were side by side till about 1/2 track when the Vega took a sharp right hit the guardrail then bounched off and went hard left his car rolled and bounched off the ground. I watched as he went over the Camaro upside down, he cleared the Camaro by almost a foot and went over the left guardrail and rolled a half a dozen times end over end. The car was Totalled Period. They took the guy to the hospitol and later that afternoon he was back at the track, I got a few minutes to stop and visit with him. He told me he spent everything he had on building the car and lacked Good axles--------- so he cheaped out and payed to have some stockers narrowed and resplined so he could run that weekend. He told me I sure wish I would have waited a few weeks and bought some good ones Crying or Very sad
He got 3 runs before his cheapness (on one part) caught him and cost everything he had invested, and almost cost him his life......
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  66prostreetfairlane November 22nd 2011, 8:25 am

66prostreetfairlane wrote:i will be in the market for a case myself here a few months so what is the difference between the $238 strange case i found and the one Dan has? i have sunk enough money in my project now that, i go with the good stuff because i don't want to wind up kicking myself later for getting cheap esp on something as important as the case. I'm here to learn and don't pretend to know everything.

bueler??
anyone with an answer?
66prostreetfairlane
66prostreetfairlane

Back to top Go down

Post  DanH November 22nd 2011, 8:52 am

66prostreetfairlane wrote:

bueler??
anyone with an answer?

Extra support ribs in the strees areas , steel caps and adjusters

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next