BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gun owners ?

+23
D. Sea
nuclearcobra
res0rli9
Dave De
f250mike
dave d
dr's wife racing
56Tbird
Lem Evans
blown86hallet
D's557BBF
stangr8cr
dfree383
69F100
the Coug
LivermoreDave
schmitty
Curt
richter69
61coon
John Myrick
cool40
bruno
27 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

gun owners ? - Page 4 Empty Re: gun owners ?

Post  Dave De October 5th 2011, 11:27 pm

Safety and speed to access is important. A home protection gun that is not loaded and ready to go is useless. I know that all say a shotgun is best but in closed quarters I am comfortable with a semi-auto, choice for me is the Taurus Millennium 45auto.
Buy a small safe and lag bolt it into the closet of your bedroom. Most safes have a key pad lighted is nice. I can get to my loaded 45 in about 15 seconds when I'm in my room. It sits in the safe with one in the chamber but the safety is on.

I own more than a few differnt calibers and have gotten rid of the high powered magnums because of the pain as The Coug describes. I cant be accurate with magnums so I prefer big and slow. 40 cal is the next choice.

Dave
Dave De
Dave De

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 October 6th 2011, 12:03 am

Dave De wrote:Safety and speed to access is important. A home protection gun that is not loaded and ready to go is useless. I know that all say a shotgun is best but in closed quarters I am comfortable with a semi-auto, choice for me is the Taurus Millennium 45auto.
Buy a small safe and lag bolt it into the closet of your bedroom. Most safes have a key pad lighted is nice. I can get to my loaded 45 in about 15 seconds when I'm in my room. It sits in the safe with one in the chamber but the safety is on.

I own more than a few differnt calibers and have gotten rid of the high powered magnums because of the pain as The Coug describes. I cant be accurate with magnums so I prefer big and slow. 40 cal is the next choice.

Dave

X100.. 45 will stop them Dead in there tracks.

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra October 6th 2011, 8:43 am

My snub nose 44 magnum with hot loads will work good Twisted Evil even if you don't hit em they will run like hell from the noise and the 2 foot plus flame that blast outta it Cool
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 October 6th 2011, 8:53 am

blown86hallet wrote:
dfree383 wrote:Got to Feed a Dog........... and Dogs are Simple to get rid of. Home owners with Cell Phones and a 12 GA are a different story.

NO.... HERPES is a different story. hahahahahha I'm so funny.!

WIth a dog, your house is to much trouble for some-one to get in and get out quickly. The next house without a dog is an much better target.

You gave your dog Herpes??? Your a sick man !!! Laughing Laughing
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans October 6th 2011, 9:39 am

richter69 wrote:My house was broke in to over 10 years ago, they took guns and jewelry, thats it.
Be sure to keep the cape in the safe. Idea

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty October 6th 2011, 12:18 pm

Lem Evans wrote:
richter69 wrote:My house was broke in to over 10 years ago, they took guns and jewelry, thats it.

No mere mortal could wear that cape, it would reduce him to a pile of mush. Laughing
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea October 6th 2011, 12:24 pm

Get you one of these for home defense Twisted Evil

gun owners ? - Page 4 ArmoryOct192010002

And yes it's the REAL DEAL!

Back on topic, I have many options but right now I prefer the Beretta 9mm. I've been shopping for a 1911 but there are so many options...
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  windsor October 6th 2011, 1:07 pm

I recommend a revolver for home defense - they are reliable and available in various calibers. .357 is probably best, however.

Shotguns are good, as well. I own a Remington 870 and they don't get any more reliable than that.

With that, if I had to grab one with the quickness, it'd likely be the hand weapon.
windsor
windsor

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 October 6th 2011, 1:08 pm

Lem Evans wrote:

naw they are too busy looking for A 460 heads than to be looking for capes and shit......... Laughing
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  LivermoreDave October 6th 2011, 11:29 pm

Hell I guess the best thing for home defense, would be a hand-grenade! You wouldn't need to confront the intruder, just crack open the bedroom door, pull the pin and roll it down the hallway!

Dave.

LivermoreDave

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 October 7th 2011, 12:16 am

LivermoreDave wrote:Hell I guess the best thing for home defense, would be a hand-grenade! You wouldn't need to confront the intruder, just crack open the bedroom door, pull the pin and roll it down the hallway!

Dave.

I like your thanking Cool

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra October 7th 2011, 12:22 am

res0rli9 wrote:
LivermoreDave wrote:Hell I guess the best thing for home defense, would be a hand-grenade! You wouldn't need to confront the intruder, just crack open the bedroom door, pull the pin and roll it down the hallway!

Dave.

Me too Twisted Evil only problem is it would kill you in the next room also Shocked
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 October 7th 2011, 12:33 am

nuclearcobra wrote:
res0rli9 wrote:

Dave.

Me too Twisted Evil only problem is it would kill you in the next room also Shocked

NO because I would have jumped out the window and running my ass off Smile

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno October 7th 2011, 7:44 am

Dave.

lmao ...... my problem with that is it would probably stop on the barbie dolls or one of the many toys or shoes i trip on thru the night Laughing ...it wouldnt make that far down the hallway

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno October 7th 2011, 2:27 pm

so i got a 247pt pro w/laser , a remi 770 for Stephen w/ scope and a Mossberg 500 w/ 18" barrel ....... thats all the guy had that was worth what he owed me

www.bfevansraceparts.com
bruno
bruno

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper October 7th 2011, 5:10 pm

gun owners ? - Page 4 Images10

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  dave d October 7th 2011, 7:18 pm

HOW BIG OF HOUSE YOU GOT that should stop them, or scare the $hit out them Laughing Laughing
dave d
dave d

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 October 10th 2011, 1:59 am

nuclearcobra wrote:
res0rli9 wrote:

Dave.

Use a Shock one, the Fragmentation ones are to messy in the house. Laughing Plus that way you get the oppertunity to run down the Hall and Bayonet the Survivors....... What a Face clown pirat cheers
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dave d October 10th 2011, 7:04 pm

Right place at right time just picked up a S & W 9mm this will add to arsenal
dave d
dave d

Back to top Go down

Post  TorinoGT October 10th 2011, 10:31 pm

For what its worth... The basic pump shotgun CAN be a good home defense gun, but it DOES have its downside... its long, and hard to manuver through hallways and around corners. I keep my Mossberg 590 loaded with a MIX of 00 and slugs... that way if my dog(s) are tangled up with an intruder, I can rack the 00 OUT of the gun and use a slug for accuracy and not have to worry about killing my own dogs in the process of eliminating the threat of an intruder. but the 00 IS a great first round out to clear an area.

Handguns are also excellent choices. As several here have said, a revolver is a good choice if your not a "gun guy". I personally would stay away from exotic or high power rounds (like .44 mag and above) and would stick with .357 mag and or .38 special... if you fancy yourself a gun guy, and are willing to learn what it takes to make a pistol work during failures, then consider some of the common calibers (9mm, .40 s&w, .45acp) in a handgun that FITS your hand. dont go run and get a glock just cause its sexy, or cause someone said they like theres... the grip angle is difrnt that most american guns and *may* be objectionable. Go to a gun store/range and rent a few guns and decide what works for YOU... I also suggest FULL SIZE pistols... smaller guns are harder to shoot and the recoil will make it difficult to land shots... especially if you dont shoot alot (and you wont enjoy shooting a pocket pistol alot)

I myself am partial to 1911 style pistols (in .45acp). its tried and true.

Shane
TorinoGT
TorinoGT

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno October 11th 2011, 7:45 am

good input Shane

this weekend i pop the cherry on all my pieces ....good stuff ----- had a chance to shoot some other guns to , one which i was the most accurate on at 300yds was a modified m-4 w/ Twisted Evil that was an accurate piece and one of my buddies brought a highpoint 9mm and i couldnt hit the target from 50' away unlike my taurus was atleast hitting the target .
Stephen had a hard time getting used to the remi 770 , im going to get him a .22 i think that would be better for him to learn on

www.bfevansraceparts.com
bruno
bruno

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle October 11th 2011, 10:00 am

Just thinking here.....

Have any of you guys with mixed shells in your shotguns actually been under "actual conditions" to see if you can remember which shells are where in the shotgun? I remember this coming up in the CC class I took some years ago. One student mentioned it and the instructor laughed. Told him good luck remembering it while he's trying not to crap his pants and find an intruder in the house at night. That's when another guy said, "I'd use my flashlight to find 'em". And that's about when the instructor said "I'll bet everytime that if you turn on your flashlight you'll be shot and maybe killed....."

So, think you guys could remember what "pump" is the 00, birdshot, and slug? I know I couldn't. I'd probably just take a random shot at the lamp to get the guy to run for his life...

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt October 11th 2011, 10:35 am

Our home defense firearms are loaded just for that. No target shooting with these loads.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle October 11th 2011, 10:38 am

Curt wrote:Our home defense firearms are loaded just for that. No target shooting with these loads.

Meaning all the same load?

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt October 11th 2011, 10:49 am

Glaser saftey slugs in the 357 and buck shot in the shot gun.

Hollow points in the carry guns.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next