BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gun owners ?

+23
D. Sea
nuclearcobra
res0rli9
Dave De
f250mike
dave d
dr's wife racing
56Tbird
Lem Evans
blown86hallet
D's557BBF
stangr8cr
dfree383
69F100
the Coug
LivermoreDave
schmitty
Curt
richter69
61coon
John Myrick
cool40
bruno
27 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

gun owners ? - Page 5 Empty Re: gun owners ?

Post  TorinoGT October 12th 2011, 4:38 pm

I keep it very simple... first one out 00 buck shot... next 8 out are saboted 50 cal slugs... I agree if you get too high tech with your "mix"... 17 years later when your moment of truth comes, youll likely forget whats what...

I think 9 out of 10 times, itll be a pistol id defend myself with, as thats what gets left on my nightstand at night... (I dont have kids, so yes, I *can* leave my loaded pistol out)

Shane

jbozzelle wrote:Just thinking here.....

Have any of you guys with mixed shells in your shotguns actually been under "actual conditions" to see if you can remember which shells are where in the shotgun? I remember this coming up in the CC class I took some years ago. One student mentioned it and the instructor laughed. Told him good luck remembering it while he's trying not to crap his pants and find an intruder in the house at night. That's when another guy said, "I'd use my flashlight to find 'em". And that's about when the instructor said "I'll bet everytime that if you turn on your flashlight you'll be shot and maybe killed....."

So, think you guys could remember what "pump" is the 00, birdshot, and slug? I know I couldn't. I'd probably just take a random shot at the lamp to get the guy to run for his life...
TorinoGT
TorinoGT

Back to top Go down

gun owners ? - Page 5 Empty Re: gun owners ?

Post  Dave De October 14th 2011, 7:19 pm

If you want the most power out of a 12 gauge try the magnum express rounds from Remington. They have over twice the kick and muzzle velocity is off the chart. Try loading in a standard round followed by the magnum express and fire them consecutively.
Amazing.

I bought them by accident but glad that I did.

Dave
Dave De
Dave De

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5