BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mounting body panels

4 posters

Go down

Mounting body panels  Empty Mounting body panels

Post  jones July 15th 2010, 3:41 pm

I need to learn how to mount body panels and my dash using some type of zuse (sp) fastener. I want to lighten my front sheetmetal like doug did on his truck and I know that will call for some bracing. The dash is just a plastic shell I will want to brace and be able to remove quickly as I plan to install my electronics on the fire wall.

Has anyone seen a website or book showing different styles of bracing and how to line the parts togather correctly to get a tight fit?

jones

Back to top Go down

Mounting body panels  Empty Re: Mounting body panels

Post  whatbumper July 15th 2010, 5:45 pm

dzus fasteners are not that hard IF you have patience. hold your mouth just right and get lucky. not really. we first use some copper tubing out of a refrigerator to make our bracket forms and make everything fit right and then we use 1/2 CM tubing to make the actually brackets.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  jones July 15th 2010, 5:49 pm

Do you rivet the dzus in the part first? Then attach the mounting plate? Then make the brace going from the plate to the chassis?

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE July 15th 2010, 7:29 pm

Usually the Dzus spring rivets to the back side of an under lying chassis bracket/tab (that stays with the car), and the Dzus button it's self rivets to the removable body/floor/interior part or panel.

Depending on the location & layout you can also sometimes Dzus "panel to panel" without using an under lying bracket/tab, it just depends.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  Treeyasoon July 15th 2010, 7:40 pm

Treeyasoon
Treeyasoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down