BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What can i use to strip paint from aluminum panels???

3 posters

Go down

What can i use to strip paint from aluminum panels??? Empty What can i use to strip paint from aluminum panels???

Post  jbozzelle September 5th 2017, 4:31 pm

Need some idea son some good paint stripper that'll strip paint from aluminum body panels and not affect the aluminum, etc... Looking to strip some paint from the aluminum interior panels I made for my Mustang before I paint them...

Don't want to sand with a DA for fear of putting too much heat into the panel and warping.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

What can i use to strip paint from aluminum panels??? Empty Re: What can i use to strip paint from aluminum panels???

Post  Mike R September 5th 2017, 6:59 pm

Kleen Strip aircraft stripper, it comes in gallons, quarts and aerosol cans

Mike R

Back to top Go down

What can i use to strip paint from aluminum panels??? Empty Re: What can i use to strip paint from aluminum panels???

Post  Doug Rahn September 6th 2017, 7:33 am

The stuff I used at Gulfstream I believe was Kleen Strip, the paint shop would give to me in an unmarked container. It sometimes required multiple applications, but that was because of the paint that was used and the thickness and had no affect on the aluminum. Even the alodine coating remained intact.
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle September 6th 2017, 9:41 am

Thanks guys. I'll pick up a few cans. Interesting that it left the alodine intact as well.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Rahn September 6th 2017, 11:05 am

jbozzelle wrote:Thanks guys. I'll pick up a few cans. Interesting that it left the alodine intact as well.

Surprised me too, but as a precaution I always re-alodined and do a ph test before the paint shop would do their touch up.
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down