BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Made a big mess in the garage tonight......

+8
hillbillyerv
D. Sea
res0rli9
665 falcon
richter69
bb429power
cool40
Race Ready Fabrications
12 posters

Go down

Made a big mess in the garage tonight...... Empty Made a big mess in the garage tonight......

Post  Race Ready Fabrications April 4th 2011, 8:54 pm

So I got my car back together tonight and got her fired up. Sounded real good so I built some temp in the motor and wanted to try the converter. Set the brake and she goes to 5400...I was happy so I tryed again just to verify. That's when the friggin tranny cooler line blew off and blew fluid everywhere. Evil or Very Mad Guess that's what I get for running steel lines with rubber hose and hose clamps. Evil or Very Mad So my dumb butt just ordered AN lines and fittings.
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

Made a big mess in the garage tonight...... Empty Re: Made a big mess in the garage tonight......

Post  cool40 April 4th 2011, 9:11 pm

Race Ready Fabrications wrote:So I got my car back together tonight and got her fired up. Sounded real good so I built some temp in the motor and wanted to try the converter. Set the brake and she goes to 5400...I was happy so I tryed again just to verify. That's when the friggin tranny cooler line blew off and blew fluid everywhere. Evil or Very Mad Guess that's what I get for running steel lines with rubber hose and hose clamps. Evil or Very Mad So my dumb butt just ordered AN lines and fittings.
coulda been worse,at the track.oil dry anyone.................. Very Happy
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Made a big mess in the garage tonight...... Empty Re: Made a big mess in the garage tonight......

Post  bb429power April 4th 2011, 9:14 pm

Haha, I just got my trans cooler setup right. Put a little too much fluid in it and there was one way to get it out... I made a mess, and used some dryall Laughing
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 April 4th 2011, 9:14 pm

cool40 wrote:
Race Ready Fabrications wrote:So I got my car back together tonight and got her fired up. Sounded real good so I built some temp in the motor and wanted to try the converter. Set the brake and she goes to 5400...I was happy so I tryed again just to verify. That's when the friggin tranny cooler line blew off and blew fluid everywhere. Evil or Very Mad Guess that's what I get for running steel lines with rubber hose and hose clamps. Evil or Very Mad So my dumb butt just ordered AN lines and fittings.

no doubt.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Race Ready Fabrications April 4th 2011, 9:31 pm

richter69 wrote:
cool40 wrote:

no doubt.

Yeh I can see it now....cars in the wall upside down with me cryin like a baby
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

Post  665 falcon April 4th 2011, 9:37 pm

Ya that suck's, on the bright side i rather clean the garage. It could of been alot worse Wink .
665 falcon
665 falcon
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Race Ready Fabrications April 4th 2011, 9:46 pm

Immediately after the line blew I walked over and shut the lights off and walked back to the house. I just walked out to check and I think it's gonna take two bags of oil dry..... Sad
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 April 4th 2011, 9:52 pm

Race Ready Fabrications wrote:Immediately after the line blew I walked over and shut the lights off and walked back to the house. I just walked out to check and I think it's gonna take two bags of oil dry..... Sad
what all did you say on that walk to the house? Laughing Laughing
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Race Ready Fabrications April 4th 2011, 10:02 pm

cool40 wrote:
Race Ready Fabrications wrote:Immediately after the line blew I walked over and shut the lights off and walked back to the house. I just walked out to check and I think it's gonna take two bags of oil dry..... Sad

It was rated R. Very Happy
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 April 4th 2011, 10:31 pm

Race Ready Fabrications wrote:
cool40 wrote:

It was rated R. Very Happy

lol. lol. lol ....YHA! RIGHT

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power April 5th 2011, 6:56 am

Well, good time to change out the fluid I guess. Laughing
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  Race Ready Fabrications April 5th 2011, 9:42 am

bb429power wrote:Well, good time to change out the fluid I guess. Laughing

There has gotta be an easier way to get the fluid out..... Rolling Eyes
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea April 5th 2011, 12:06 pm

Easier yes...

Quicker NO.. lol! lol! lol! geek
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  hillbillyerv April 5th 2011, 12:17 pm

that sucks. guy i work with was changing oil on a costumers car got side tracked n forgot drain plug Laughing , took a hole bag n some elbow grease Laughing
hillbillyerv
hillbillyerv
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power April 5th 2011, 2:30 pm

D. Sea wrote:

Easier yes...

Quicker NO.. lol! lol! lol! geek
LMAO lol! I have a drain plug on mine, I never understood why the factory didn't make them with a drain plug scratch
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  Race Ready Fabrications April 5th 2011, 4:02 pm

Two bags of oil dry 12 bucks three rolls of shop towels to wipe down the under side of the car 8 bucks. 20 bucks to clean up a mess over a .59 cent friggin hose clamp. Evil or Very Mad
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

Post  Race Ready Fabrications April 5th 2011, 4:04 pm

On a positive note my sheet metal brake will never ever rust....... Rolling Eyes
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 April 5th 2011, 7:37 pm

Race Ready Fabrications wrote:Two bags of oil dry 12 bucks three rolls of shop towels to wipe down the under side of the car 8 bucks. 20 bucks to clean up a mess over a .59 cent friggin hose clamp. Evil or Very Mad

That sound like me had one of them hose clamp before come a loose and I oiled the top end of the track not good to get engine oil under a set of slicks and hit the brakes affraid track offical ask why I didn't stop when it happen I ask him you didn't see what happen when I hit the brakes I did get it next to the wall and let it stop on it own till it slowed enough to get back on the brakes.
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  DFI429 April 5th 2011, 8:25 pm

Race Ready Fabrications wrote:On a positive note my sheet metal brake will never ever rust....... Rolling Eyes

Fringe benefit? Laughing Shocked
DFI429
DFI429

http://home.comcast.net/~dfi429/

Back to top Go down

Post  342g April 5th 2011, 9:25 pm

Better to have a big mess in the garage, than a big mess in your pants, at the track. Laughing
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Yoeman April 5th 2011, 10:09 pm

342g wrote: Better to have a big mess in the garage, than a big mess in your pants, at the track. Laughing
I'm writin' that one down! Shocked

Last edited by Yoeman on April 5th 2011, 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Eye kahnt zspehhl)
Yoeman
Yoeman

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power April 6th 2011, 6:55 am

Well, good time to change out the fluid I guess. Laughing
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea April 6th 2011, 11:57 am

Race Ready Fabrications wrote:Two bags of oil dry 12 bucks three rolls of shop towels to wipe down the under side of the car 8 bucks. 20 bucks to clean up a mess over a .59 cent friggin hose clamp. Evil or Very Mad

Instant Oil Change - Priceless Razz
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  342g April 6th 2011, 12:20 pm

Justin, what kind of tranny you have without a drain plug, I have a c-4 pan I put a plug in, you can have it if your pops will let you pay shipping.
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down