BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kickdown on a C6

3 posters

Go down

Kickdown on a C6 Empty Kickdown on a C6

Post  TheFrog April 3rd 2011, 5:47 pm

Is the kickdown an option for a C6 Transmission? I mean, do you need to use it? Anyone have a good read on how the kickdown works and what it does exactly?
Further, I think I may have broke something. In regards to the kickdown bracket that is bolted to the shifter bracket on the transmission, is the internal shaft that connects the bracket to the transmission supposed to be loose and be able to be pulled out?
Thanks,
Keith

TheFrog

Back to top Go down

Kickdown on a C6 Empty Re: Kickdown on a C6

Post  69F100 April 3rd 2011, 10:03 pm

Frog I have been running my c6 in my 69 f100 for years without a kick down hooked up with no problem if I pull out to pass and need to drop a gear I just pull it down in 2nd gear and shift back when needed.Not sure about the linkage being able to pull out mine does not come out like you have described.

Jim
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFrog April 3rd 2011, 10:14 pm

Yeah, it was really weird. You know how there is a nut holding the kickdown bracket to the transmission? Well, I put a wrench on that nut to see if I could adjust it a bit and all of a sudden it came loose and once that happened I was able to pull the bracket and the shaft connected to the bracket out of the transmission. Is this bad???

TheFrog

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFrog April 5th 2011, 9:00 pm

Bump!

TheFrog

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 April 6th 2011, 9:40 pm

Frog I am not sure how the kick down hooks up as I can't remember how it was when I installed my shift kit.Drop the pan you can see it beside the valve body and you should beable to see if you droke anything.Maybe some of the others who work on trans might chim in.

Jim
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  23Alt April 9th 2011, 2:30 am

The little arm on the inside broke off the shaft. Shouldn't be able to just pull it out.

It won't hurt a thing to run without it hooked up, but you should probly pull the pan
and get that piece out of there. I can't remember if you can get another one in there
without pulling the valve body. If you don't care if it works, there's an o-ring inside
the outer shaft (the one this shaft pulled out of). Make sure thats good, them just
put a 3/8 bolt in place of the broken shaft with a nut on the inside.

I know it seals, 'cause there's one in mine right now. I had to get rid of it due to the
way my shifter's set up.

It runs a spool in the valve body that raises a "counter pressure" on the shift spools,
resulting in later shift points - and a "kick down" when in third. There's no adjustment
for it on the trans, it's done with the linkage.

All the C6 oil diagrams are here about 2/3 the way down the page, left columb. I think
the third one covers what you're lookin' for, check 'em out.
23Alt
23Alt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down