BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who makes a trans kickdown linkage kit for C6

2 posters

Go down

Who makes a trans kickdown linkage kit for C6 Empty Who makes a trans kickdown linkage kit for C6

Post  4604X4 October 24th 2012, 5:42 pm

I bought a QuickFuel HR-780 carb to replace a Holley Street Avenger 870. The problem is that QuickFuel carbs don't have kickdown linkage for the Ford C6 Trans.

I found a universal kickdown linkage kit from Lokar (KD-20C6HT60) at Summit. I read the instructions on the Lokar sight, but according to the illustrations my C6 is a little different (from the picture shown). My kickdown arm points up from the shift selector shaft and I don't see a bolt anywhere on the trans close to kickdown arm for the Lokar cable to mount to. My current kickdown linkage is a solid link from carb to tranny - the Lokar is a cable setup.

So my question is; has anyone used the Lokar kit? Is it any good? Are there any other manufacturers to look at besides Lokar?

Thanks.
4604X4
4604X4

Back to top Go down

Who makes a trans kickdown linkage kit for C6 Empty Re: Who makes a trans kickdown linkage kit for C6

Post  TommyK October 24th 2012, 6:36 pm

I had the same issue on my Holley 950 HP. I replaced the primary throttle shaft with one from Quick Fuel that had the provision for the Ford kickdown. Maybe you could call Quick Fuel and see if it would work on yours.

http://www.quickfueltechnology.com/throttle-bodies-and-parts/primary-throttle-shaft-ford-kickdown-c4-c6.html

TommyK

Back to top Go down

Who makes a trans kickdown linkage kit for C6 Empty Re: Who makes a trans kickdown linkage kit for C6

Post  4604X4 October 25th 2012, 5:27 am

Yes!!! Thank you! I looks like this "replacement throttle shaft with kickdown linkage" will work with their HR series carbs.
You saved me fifty bucks and a lot of trouble.
cheers
4604X4
4604X4

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum