BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you guys cannot get a battery to take a charge...try this technique

2 posters

Go down

If you guys cannot get a battery to take a charge...try this technique  Empty If you guys cannot get a battery to take a charge...try this technique

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy March 15th 2011, 1:16 pm

I recently had 2 batteries that would not take a charge, even tho I knew they were dead.
My 12 amp deep cycle charger absolutely would not "push" the amperage into the bat.

So, I tried the techique I saw in an article in Hot Rod.
Edit: my batteries were standard wet-cell car batteries, not the optima type in the article. It still worked tho.

(I posted some scanned pics of that article awhile back on this site: go to the second post :

https://www.429-460.com/t459p45-official-thread-for-460-articles

Well, it worked great ! I hooked up my known good 12v deep cycle camper battery in parrallel to the old weak car battery with jumper cables and those old car batteries were fully charged in about 7 hrs. (each) Very Happy

I was about to trade those 2 batteries in on new ones.
Wish I knew this trick years ago, because I could have saved me alot of money.

Last edited by 83-88T-Bird Guy on March 15th 2011, 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

If you guys cannot get a battery to take a charge...try this technique  Empty Re: If you guys cannot get a battery to take a charge...try this technique

Post  dr's wife racing March 15th 2011, 2:12 pm

Ihave trid this as well it worked great. It also works on gell cell when they have been run too low to take a charge.
Has anyone ever tried the "battery desufanators" basical it is supposed to unclg the soft lead pores of the battery and alow it to tke a charge again ?? I saw this in one of my sons ricer mag's
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down