BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone been doing any car stuff?

+47
Barney
bcr466
scottke
cletus66
665 falcon
Nevs
hillbillyerv
Ranch71460
342g
JT557
Larry T
BigDave65
QtrWarrior
TravisRice
Lem Evans
dfree383
bruno
jbozzelle
4thHorseman
Tommyj466
valleydawg
95lightiningguy
NO FAIR
IDT-572
jcoxracing
557 mazda
bbf-falcon
98-9.0Mustang
johndickjr
racnrick
Race Ready Fabrications
512Fairlane
'65 T-BOLT
cool40
56Tbird
514Fox87
83-88T-Bird Guy
Curt
Mike R
patfromjersey
69F100
Larry Williams
billandlori
bb429power
richter69
51 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Anyone been doing any car stuff? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone been doing any car stuff?

Post  514Fox87 December 30th 2010, 9:31 pm

Pulled down the engine right before Christmas and it is a good thing I did. Number 5 rod was bent and cap was distorted. Dodged a bullet there! Honed the block this week and did the oil mods. Got most of the parts in but still have the oil pump, spiral locks, keepers and retainers to be delivered. Also did some blending on the chambers today around the seats. And shipped the intake to Uncle Charlie for his magic! Very Happy
514Fox87
514Fox87

Back to top Go down

Anyone been doing any car stuff? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone been doing any car stuff?

Post  TravisRice December 30th 2010, 9:34 pm

Doing car stuff but not for myself..... Someday I guess.....Gotta learn to say no more often

TravisRice
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior December 30th 2010, 9:36 pm

Like John, I've been in the garage working on the blue bullet. Down to the odds and ends..the nit-picking details.
Hope to be ready when the tracks re-open the end of January..
Also have been plotting with Mr. Gulfsteam on how to take down Bruno at the next Bash!! Cool Cool
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDave65 December 30th 2010, 9:52 pm

Looking good there Valleydawg. You'll have to bring that thing up to Greer and race with us one weekend!
BigDave65
BigDave65

Back to top Go down

Post  valleydawg December 30th 2010, 10:03 pm

BigDave - I have been wanting to get up to Greer for a race...maybe this year!
valleydawg
valleydawg

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry T December 31st 2010, 3:23 am

I want to make it to greer sometime this comeing summer as well Very Happy

i need to make some up dates to the car so i can run a new heads up class at shadyside this year.i need mufflers,carpet,passenger seat,tail lights and head lights.i am going to put the car on the chassie dyno befor and after the muffler install.

i am thinking of useing the burns mufflers anyone have pros or cons befor i put them on?
Larry T
Larry T

Back to top Go down

Anyone been doing any car stuff? - Page 3 Empty comment

Post  JT557 December 31st 2010, 10:39 am

138 wrote:I buy parts, and look at them while I buy more parts...one day I will have enough parts to talk shit. Razz but I will say this I need to get this clutch in this F150 so I dont have to fire up this 71 torino without a choke, and drive it in the snow thats about to hit any day now...god I'm lazy, but slave cylinders, and bleeding the line scares me...its gonna come down to a foot of snow, a tank of propane, a few trips to the local auto store, a few frozen pizzas, a bunch of cuss words, 3 packs of cigarettes and a 12 pack... its not gonna be a good day around here, but beats the hell out of shopping for shower curtains, and pillow cases....
If bleeding the line scares you, maybe you should just go ahead and get those shower curtains and pillow cases and wile your at it check the fridge and see if you need any cheese for all that wine your doin Razz Be a man and get the pillow cases and get the work done already and don't pussyfoot around every day we have shit we dont want to do but when it's done we feel alot better and get to check it off our list ....no punt intended just razzin ya ...JT557...... Razz Razz cheers
JT557
JT557

Back to top Go down

Post  342g December 31st 2010, 10:45 am

JT557 wrote:
138 wrote:I buy parts, and look at them while I buy more parts...one day I will have enough parts to talk shit. Razz but I will say this I need to get this clutch in this F150 so I dont have to fire up this 71 torino without a choke, and drive it in the snow thats about to hit any day now...god I'm lazy, but slave cylinders, and bleeding the line scares me...its gonna come down to a foot of snow, a tank of propane, a few trips to the local auto store, a few frozen pizzas, a bunch of cuss words, 3 packs of cigarettes and a 12 pack... its not gonna be a good day around here, but beats the hell out of shopping for shower curtains, and pillow cases....
If bleeding the line scares you, maybe you should just go ahead and get those shower curtains and pillow cases and wile your at it check the fridge and see if you need any cheese for all that wine your doin Razz Be a man and get the pillow cases and get the work done already and don't pussyfoot around every day we have shit we dont want to do but when it's done we feel alot better and get to check it off our list ....no punt intended just razzin ya ...JT557...... Razz Razz cheers

And use those pillow cases for grease rags, that will get her pizzed off. cheers
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  '65 T-BOLT December 31st 2010, 10:46 am

'65 T-BOLT wrote:bought some parts for the racecar!...but I am concetrating on the 65 Fairlane for the street. Need the D shaft cut and balanced, and finish wiring up the ignition...duraspark and an msd box...then she should be able to fire up!...I have to figure out this picture thing....my pics always want to post in an over sized state....I have lots...maybe a link to where they are???
will be firing up the street car today. then onto buying some metal for the avatar car. I am liking the Chassisworks components!
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

Post  '65 T-BOLT December 31st 2010, 10:48 am

TravisRice wrote:Doing car stuff but not for myself..... Someday I guess.....Gotta learn to say no more often
that should bring in extra money for your build!
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt December 31st 2010, 11:51 am

Been polishing the new shorty valve covers.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDave65 December 31st 2010, 12:06 pm

Larry T wrote:I want to make it to greer sometime this comeing summer as well Very Happy

i need to make some up dates to the car so i can run a new heads up class at shadyside this year.i need mufflers,carpet,passenger seat,tail lights and head lights.i am going to put the car on the chassie dyno befor and after the muffler install.

i am thinking of useing the burns mufflers anyone have pros or cons befor i put them on?

The new track surface at Greer has been awesome. I made my quickest pass ever for Greer at the thanksgiving race with a 37 degree track temp.

Larry, I don't know if they are legal for you to use or not, but we've been running the Schoenfield mufflers. The ones I have now are inserts that are just tack welded inside the collector. They do knock down the loudest tones but don't seem to hurt power any at all. I really like them. The also make one that goes on the end of your collector if you have room for it.
BigDave65
BigDave65

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranch71460 December 31st 2010, 12:13 pm

I sent out my sponsor letters before Christmas. Hope to get replys back soon.
On my list:
1/ Converter from Lenny.
2/ Jomar stud girdle from Lem
3/ "Leminator" cam
4/ Danny Bee belt drive, also from Lem
bounce Exclamation
Ranch71460
Ranch71460

Back to top Go down

Post  hillbillyerv December 31st 2010, 12:27 pm

clayed valve clearance, bought pushrods, remove ladder bars install perch wedges to change pinion angle, reinstall ladder bars, sand bondo prep for paint, maybe bumble bee yellow, cant make up my mind there, install stainless in bed , mount fuel cell ( tear drop tank off 52 allis chalmer tractor) , remove more weight if i can ( me and truck), roll bar, new brake hoses, hope 4 corner drums will stop me affraid .
hillbillyerv
hillbillyerv
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  '65 T-BOLT December 31st 2010, 8:10 pm

fired up the 460 in the street car (65 fairlane), had a few problems....bad blaster box, bad msd coil<never gonna buy used ignition parts again. the carb had a problem,1300 rpm idle,replace carb base...now a 750 rpm idle...SWEET!
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

Post  67460 December 31st 2010, 9:23 pm

Preparing for new engine build 557. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle January 1st 2011, 5:12 am

I beat in some cam bearings earlier today. Guess they are in correct since the cam fits and spins just fine...

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs January 1st 2011, 9:32 am

jbozzelle wrote:I beat in some cam bearings earlier today. Guess they are in correct since the cam fits and spins just fine...

As long as the oil holes line up as well..... Idea
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  665 falcon January 1st 2011, 9:53 am

Started engine project, its on hold right now until i can get back to work. Need to put car on diet, plus driver Laughing . Want to go to a strut frontend. Need to up grade chassis from 8.50 to 7.50. Found some fiber glass doors for it. It's been a slow and long hard road, but i am making some progress on it. In this economy ill take it Wink
665 falcon
665 falcon
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle January 1st 2011, 2:16 pm

Nevs wrote:
jbozzelle wrote:I beat in some cam bearings earlier today. Guess they are in correct since the cam fits and spins just fine...

What oil holes? Shocked

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  138 January 1st 2011, 2:38 pm

rut row...

Back to top Go down

Post  racnrick January 1st 2011, 3:01 pm

jbozzelle wrote:
Nevs wrote:

What oil holes? Shocked

Hope your just kidding! The oil holes in each bearings need to line up with these oil holes in the block.

[img]Anyone been doing any car stuff? - Page 3 B5a[/img]

racnrick

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle January 1st 2011, 3:15 pm

Yeah, I'm kidding. All of the holes lined up almost perfect except for the rearmost one. I left it alone since the cam journal rides on the bearing real well with the bearing where it's at.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  138 January 1st 2011, 3:25 pm

rick, is that an A460 block that you drilled the front drain back holes in?

Back to top Go down

Post  racnrick January 1st 2011, 3:39 pm

138 wrote:rick, is that an A460 block that you drilled the front drain back holes in?

It's not my block, I don't know if it is an A-460. I got the picture off this site, I don't remember who's block it was.

racnrick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next