BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Took my daughter out hunting yesterday........

+7
plowboy34
billandlori
mustang68mustangs1
schmitty
bbf-falcon
AZFairlane
ThndrChkn
11 posters

Go down

Took my daughter out hunting yesterday........ Empty Took my daughter out hunting yesterday........

Post  ThndrChkn November 11th 2010, 4:25 pm

Well yesterday, I called my daughter (Darian) out of school and took her hunting. My daughter was supposed to be the hunter, but when I sent her out to get her deer tag Tuesday night, she bought a doe tag instead of a general tag. So, as luck would have it, I had no choice but to rub it in a little by taking this nice little buck in his bed at about 7:30 yesterday morning. Laughing Laughing Laughing I shot him with my 6.5x284 from 300 yds. through the front of the chest, as he lay snoozin' away in his bed. Very Happy Unfortunately, there were no does around, so Darian came up empty yesterday. That's OK though, we still have 2 more weeks to fill her tag. Shouldn't be an issue.
Took my daughter out hunting yesterday........ HuntinSeason102
Took my daughter out hunting yesterday........ HuntinSeason10

Obviously Darian was in still in good spirit even though I got the harvest. Laughing Cool
Took my daughter out hunting yesterday........ HuntinSeason103

Nothin' like spending good quality time in the great outdoors with your kids. I wouldn't trade it for nothin'. I Thank God for all the time I get to do these things.

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Took my daughter out hunting yesterday........ Empty Re: Took my daughter out hunting yesterday........

Post  AZFairlane November 11th 2010, 4:44 pm

Not very sportsmanlike to shoot him while he slept. How do we know that you didn't just get him drunk the night before? Laughing
AZFairlane
AZFairlane
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Took my daughter out hunting yesterday........ Empty Re: Took my daughter out hunting yesterday........

Post  ThndrChkn November 11th 2010, 4:50 pm

Oh, I gave him a sleeping pill. That's for sure!!! Very Happy Laughing

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon November 11th 2010, 6:37 pm

Good job Doug,gee whiz that girl has grown fast Shocked

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty November 11th 2010, 8:22 pm

No "tag soup" for you. Laughing
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  mustang68mustangs1 November 11th 2010, 9:06 pm

Nice Buck! Nice to reach out and touch something once in a while(300yrds).Looks like your daughter had a blast too.
Bob

mustang68mustangs1

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori November 11th 2010, 9:42 pm

That's a b**ch when you wake up dead!!

Nice you can spend the time with the young 'uns!!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  plowboy34 November 11th 2010, 11:09 pm

Enjoy that time with the youngins, before you know it they are 28 and 26 years old and living out of state.

plowboy34

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty November 11th 2010, 11:19 pm

Looks like she is getting ready to punch you Doug. Shocked
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn November 11th 2010, 11:21 pm

schmitty wrote:Looks like she is getting ready to punch you Doug. Shocked

Nah, she's just goin' to the "gun show"!!! Laughing Laughing

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  duff429 November 12th 2010, 12:07 am

wow, is the tall grass the spot he was sleeping?

is it true they only sleep for seconds at a time then lift their head and look around for danger then back to sleep for a few seconds?

never seen a dear sleep pirat
duff429
duff429

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn November 12th 2010, 12:25 am

duff429 wrote:wow, is the tall grass the spot he was sleeping?

is it true they only sleep for seconds at a time then lift their head and look around for danger then back to sleep for a few seconds?

never seen a deer sleep pirat

Yes, the tall grass is where he was sleeping. I spotted him standing in the grass from about a mile away. It took us about 15 minutes to work our way around the other side and up on a small knob above the buck. I glassed for him for about 20 more minutes, until the rising sun lit up the tips of his antlers, which was his demise. I watched him for another 30 minutes before I shot him. And no, they don't sleep for a few seconds at a time. He was non stop snoozin' & he did pick his head up for a few seconds, it was then, that I put him back to sleep for good. Laughing Laughing

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 November 12th 2010, 12:28 am

Cool Cool

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cobrakid8 November 12th 2010, 8:42 am

Sounds awesome Doug, I never had the ability to sit still long enough to actually hunt, just to impatient lol. Glad you got to spend some time with your daughter they grow up to fast. I am hoping to take my son out of school one of these days to go Arenacross racing on a Friday for some Father son time! Also where is my Venison? Very Happy

Doug

cobrakid8

Back to top Go down

Post  72mav November 12th 2010, 9:23 am

I like the wood on your stock doug.
If I ever get out there sometime, Id like to have ya go through my Savage and check her out. Had it 12 years and never fired a shot with it Rolling Eyes
BTW, who makes a inexpensive bipod like the on on yours? Last I checked harris ones have went through the roof.
72mav
72mav

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn November 12th 2010, 10:14 am

Thanks for the comments guys. Boith of my kids are a couple of knotheads most of the time, but all in all, they're still my kids, and I wouldn't trade them for nothin'. Very Happy Very Happy

The stock on my rifle is from Boyd's Gunstocks, out of South Dakota. They have just about anything you need, regardless of make. Just go to www.boydsgunstocks.com and check it out. They make them in configurations from oem replacements, to the featherweight thumbhole model like I have on all of my rifles. The ones I have are only $92.00 finished and ready to install. As for the bipods Al, the pawn shops here usually have them. If you want I'll look around for one for ya. Gimme a call, or I'll call you and I'll find out what type you're lookin' for. I'm actually gonna go pawn shop cruisin' today, so I'll give ya a shout before I go.

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down