BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with new combo

+11
richter69
jones
bbf-falcon
dfree383
Nevs
whatbumper
ThndrChkn
Lem Evans
cool40
jesse
boss56
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Help with new combo - Page 2 Empty Re: Help with new combo

Post  Nevs June 20th 2010, 8:34 pm

dfree383 wrote:But for real street use the 3speed could have some advantages.

No doubt Dave, it all depends upon just how much street duty he is going to do. If you want the best of both worlds, put a Lenco in it! Idea
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans June 20th 2010, 9:48 pm

He's wanting 900+ HP.....aint no part of that "real street" .

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs June 20th 2010, 9:50 pm

Lem Evans wrote:He's wanting 900+ HP.....aint no part of that "real street" .

That's what I thought as well......depends upon what your definition of "is" is.... Laughing
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 June 20th 2010, 9:53 pm

I'm not sure that's true now days Lem.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans June 20th 2010, 9:59 pm

I'm sure a N. A. 950 hp engine is not real street.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 June 20th 2010, 10:00 pm

How much hp did those taxi cabs make that were using our beloved glides?

Hell I tool my shit around the track in high gear...................
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  WDR460 June 20th 2010, 10:56 pm

Hi Boss56,

Nice Falcon!!

If your looking for a Carb , I have a Evens prepared QF1250 dominator here in WA , which I used on the hotrod for 1 season only , so in most respects its As New. He just adjusted the hi-speeds to suit a 521" SCJ headed combo that Todd Keane had here in his ZD streeter ( ran low tens with a 950Hp) , which he didnt use but sold to me with all original paper work. Super consistent carb , I came 3rd in Modified 2008/09 season running it on a 545" A429 headed combo and C14. Just drop me a note if your interested.

I have since moved to methanol injection which I will also use on my new Boss combo.

I think if you get the cam combo right , you will get the Hp you are looking for on pump gas . When the engine was 460ci , I had 10.5:1 with the A429's and ran for two seasons in a ZD Fairlane on 98 unleaded with 38* timing locked out.

My 545Ci at 13:1 could warm up on 98 unleaded and run , but would detonate under load with anything more than 12* timing in it , then I tried VP109 unleaded with 30-32* timing which got me down the track around 8.5 @ 146mph , then the C14 with 38* timing gave me a best of 8.25 @ 156mph.

I am going 572" in my new combo, with 4.5 x 4.5 . Leaves life in the block to go larger later.

John.
WDR460
WDR460

Back to top Go down

Post  boss56 June 20th 2010, 11:22 pm

thats exactly what i want to do! Make it run on pump fuel to do a little cruising on the street or things like the street car superstars over here in nsw and run vp109 or similar at the track! Also to explain guys my idea of a street car is one that can do a little cruising like take the kids to mcdonalds for dinner and home again not a daily driver and i cant see why i cant do that with 900 odd HP i dont want to sit in traffic or drive up and down the hwy just able to have a little fun cruising on the street! The car is mainly for strip duty and a little cruising thrown in for fun so running on pump gas would be good!
boss56
boss56

Back to top Go down

Post  boss56 June 20th 2010, 11:26 pm

[quote="WDR460"]Hi Boss5

I am going 572" in my new combo, with 4.5 x 4.5 . Leaves life in the block to go larger later.

This is the reson for me going conservitive on the stroke it leaves us more room to step it up later if i want too!
boss56
boss56

Back to top Go down

Post  WDR460 June 21st 2010, 1:19 am

BOSS56,

I was actually suggesting going a conservative 4.5 bore and a 4.5 stroke . Get a good forged 4.5 crank now and only need to do it once as it should be good to 1500hp.

With an iron block and a 4.440 to a 4.5" bore , you leave yourself heaps of room for future hone/re-bore etc . When you are ready for full race you can up it to 4.6" if you need to?

An A460 can go over 4.6 if its a good one , but I would not go there straight away.

Get yourself a good MSD or similar with some retard chips , tune it at the racetrack with without the chip , after racing slip in a 5-10* retard chip and some 98 unleaded and go cruiseing?

John

PS: I went with a Bryant forged 4.5" stroke , Diamond 14.5:1 domes and 6.7" BME Rod. My 545 was a Scat 9000 cast crank , 6.7 Scat rods and Diamond Flat-tops.

Last edited by WDR460 on June 21st 2010, 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add PS.)
WDR460
WDR460

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug June 21st 2010, 6:18 am

boss56 wrote:thats exactly what i want to do! Make it run on pump fuel to do a little cruising on the street or things like the street car superstars over here in nsw and run vp109 or similar at the track! Also to explain guys my idea of a street car is one that can do a little cruising like take the kids to mcdonalds for dinner and home again not a daily driver and i cant see why i cant do that with 900 odd HP i dont want to sit in traffic or drive up and down the hwy just able to have a little fun cruising on the street! The car is mainly for strip duty and a little cruising thrown in for fun so running on pump gas would be good!

I have no dog in this Fight but you are Ridiculous you have No Friggen Idea how much 900 hp is to handle....and Yet you want it to take your kids for a ride to McDonald's.... Why not just take them to a Demolition derby and let them play on the track while a race is going on.... about the same.....Oh and don't forget the innocent by standers when you decide to punch the throttle and the car goes what ever direction it wants to go.... cuz it most likely AIN'T going Strait.... and the other Stupid thing is I wanna do it with Pump Gas

If pump gas was so good how come a bunch of the Vehicles made for pump gas from the factory still knock or Detonate and have to have detonation sensors to try and keep them from it. and they only have 8 to 9 to 1 compression???

JMHO
Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  boss56 June 21st 2010, 8:01 am

I have no dog in this Fight but you are Ridiculous you have No Friggen Idea how much 900 hp is to handle....and Yet you want it to take your kids for a ride to McDonald's.... Why not just take them to a Demolition derby and let them play on the track while a race is going on.... about the same.....Oh and don't forget the innocent by standers when you decide to punch the throttle and the car goes what ever direction it wants to go.... cuz it most likely AIN'T going Strait.... and the other Stupid thing is I wanna do it with Pump Gas

If pump gas was so good how come a bunch of the Vehicles made for pump gas from the factory still knock or Detonate and have to have detonation sensors to try and keep them from it. and they only have 8 to 9 to 1 compression???

If you have no dog in the fight then stay out of it! I have no idea you say well what the hell would you know! Its plain and simple dick head you dont punch the throttle you ease it on! Maybe you dont drive big hp cars on the street where your from and you might drive like an idiot anyways! Dont mouth off at me when you have no idea about me my car or the way i drive!!!!
As for detination in modern cars with 8-9:1 comp you must have shit fuel cause i run my clevo with cast iron heads at 11.8:1 comp on pump fuel with no detination at all. If you understood engines its all in the cam and the timing if you get the timing right and have a good overlap on the cam it can be done no drama's! There's plenty of big hitters in the pro street seen here in Australia running big hp 800-1000hp and can go for the ocational cruise
And by the way our pump gas is good we get 98octain pump unleaded here guess you just get shit fuel!!!!
if you dont have anything helpful to say dont say it at all! I was only after a bit of advise on my new combo not shit being put on my!!!!
boss56
boss56

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug June 21st 2010, 8:12 am

if you know so friggen much about building 900+ hp to drive on the streets why the Frigg are you here asking? Help with new combo - Page 2 Icon_eek

Just go down to your local Top Fuel shop and buy an engine and put it in your car then let it rip tater chip.....

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 June 21st 2010, 8:20 am

Coug got called a dickhead.......................first time for that lol.

Mornin' Coug.................. Wink
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 June 21st 2010, 8:42 am

the Coug wrote:if you know so friggen much about building 900+ hp to drive on the streets why the Frigg are you here asking? Help with new combo - Page 2 Icon_eek

Just go down to your local Top Fuel shop and buy an engine and put it in your car then let it rip tater chip.....

Randy

Lighten up, How about beeing a little nicer to folks....... Suspect

You seem to be a little tenser than normal this week buddy, How about paying a visit to Mrs. Chan's Chinese Massage Parlor and get you a "Happy Ending".......... Might lower your stress level a little cheers Laughing
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  boss56 June 21st 2010, 8:51 am

Thanks to those who gave me there thoughts and advise on what i'm doing or trying to do! I didn't think it was such a problem to want to use pump gas and drive the thing every now and then but maybe i'm wrong! I dont pretend to no everything im new to the whole big block thing and just wanted thoughts and advise on what i was doing!
boss56
boss56

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 June 21st 2010, 8:56 am

The pump gas and driving it "All the time" are pretty high goals for a NA motor at the level you want IMO, not Impossible but it will be a very big effort and pretty expensive.

IMO Build it Big, Cam it mildly, Keep the compression realistic for the fuel, Put some well prepped heads on it a let it eat. Who cares what the dyno says....... afro
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno June 21st 2010, 9:28 am

........ I learn everyday by everyones input ...positive or negative ... but why does a fellow have to start jumping on a guy for building a 900hp plus street car ....he is here to learn like the best of us ... i wish i could afford a 1000 plus hp deal in a street car and there are plenty of us out there

oh and btw ive driven my 850 hp car on the street ( not very far thou Very Happy ) and it is as docile as my f250 pu ...

carry on gents ......

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller June 21st 2010, 11:48 pm

Nick,

Right on JEEZ it's his money let him do what he wants with it.If he wants a 900 horsepower car go for it just drive with some common sense and everything will be fine.To each his own some people like big tires some people like small tires some people want 500 horsepower some want 900.It's a free country do what you want,i don't think he said anything about driving like a crazy man with his kids in the car.

Later Mark.

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  boss56 June 22nd 2010, 1:11 am

Thanks guys at least some people understand what i want to do! In the end it may well be to big off a motor to drive on the street but i want to try and do it if it works out cool if not we will just race it! i just want to give it a go!
boss56
boss56

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2