BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SMALL CUBE PROCOMP HEADED MOTOR IN THE 9s!!!

+7
the Coug
richter69
Northwest outlaw
ThndrChkn
PROSTREET66
bruno
Jeremiah
11 posters

Go down

SMALL CUBE PROCOMP HEADED MOTOR IN THE 9s!!! Empty SMALL CUBE PROCOMP HEADED MOTOR IN THE 9s!!!

Post  Jeremiah May 8th 2010, 3:07 am

ALMOST everyone hated on the idea of my procomp heads. I have a budget small cube 466 and with a little 200 shot we went 9.90 @135 1.30 60 ft..... Still had alot left in it. Started to rain so we loaded up... I am VERY happy so far with my budget combo!!!! Just got in from the track and thought id post up about it! I guess I can post my combo up on proven builds.... Thanks for everyones help on the nitrous ?s I had. Im still learning about the BBF etc. I LOVE THIS SITE!!! Very Happy bounce

P.S..... I have takin the car to the track only 3 times and never not once had to fix anything but a valve cover gasket... She is ready to rock again right now..

Jeremiah

Back to top Go down

SMALL CUBE PROCOMP HEADED MOTOR IN THE 9s!!! Empty Re: SMALL CUBE PROCOMP HEADED MOTOR IN THE 9s!!!

Post  bruno May 8th 2010, 8:21 am

Congrats Jeremiah on the great passes ........ Wink

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

SMALL CUBE PROCOMP HEADED MOTOR IN THE 9s!!! Empty Re: SMALL CUBE PROCOMP HEADED MOTOR IN THE 9s!!!

Post  PROSTREET66 May 8th 2010, 9:04 am

Hey you know Jon's going still give you shit!!,but congrats man your having Big Block fun now.Keep tuning and learning everything you can.It's always a learning experince.Michael
PROSTREET66
PROSTREET66

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn May 8th 2010, 10:09 am

Congrats on your runs Jeremiah. And yes, your build would be a good post.

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  Northwest outlaw May 8th 2010, 10:27 am

Cool deal sound like your getting it down afro
Northwest outlaw
Northwest outlaw

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 8th 2010, 10:30 am

congrats on the runs................. Cool
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremiah May 8th 2010, 11:33 am

THANKS GUYS... STILL LEARNING! Cant wait to learn more. I think im in the right track.. Thanks again for all the GREAT advice.... bounce

Jeremiah

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug May 8th 2010, 2:13 pm

Nice, just think what it would do with good heads..... those Pro comp heads seem to like Nos they make up for the messed up ports in the heads...... but all in all nice run

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremiah May 8th 2010, 2:34 pm

The heads are far from stock ported procomps. If I find a bad ass deal on some name brand heads ill give them a shot. But I know I can get a lot more out of this combo if I would have had more time to tune.

Jeremiah

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug May 8th 2010, 3:19 pm

Jeremiah the only good thing about those heads are they are Aluminum...... we have some of the best porters on this board and they can not in any way get the intake ports to flow........................... ProComp screwed the pouch on what ever they did....but lets not argue about them.....

you made a nice run be proud of it...... Wink

have a nice day

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremiah May 8th 2010, 3:22 pm

Like I said I'm always down to listen. I'm learning everyday. I built the car from nothing. What heads would you guys suggest for this nitrous combo?

Jeremiah

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno May 8th 2010, 3:28 pm

Jeremiah,

i believe any of the heads ie : P51 , SCJ, Edelbrocks, TFS would be a great choice for the spray , but its not only the heads but the whole package ... one day when you get a chance give Lem Evans a call and he will give you some insight on the best head for you application .... you need to carry your azz up to the Bash on May 21,22 and ck out tons of awesome BBF builds .... you could learn a ton in those 2 days .....

but keep on working on that tune and take baby steps ... i would love to see the car in the 8's

Nick

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  windsor May 8th 2010, 6:22 pm

If you want to keep your short block and just change heads, you'd want to go with either the TFS "Street" heads (now PowerPort 290's) or the Edelbrocks.
windsor
windsor

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremiah May 8th 2010, 6:41 pm

I would think with the work done to my heads there about the same as the streets. I could be wrong.

Jeremiah

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 8th 2010, 6:44 pm

never happen................sorry, been hashed out many times lol.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremiah May 8th 2010, 6:48 pm

Your right. Lol! Ill keep my eye out for a smokin deal!

Jeremiah

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs May 8th 2010, 6:48 pm

I would think with the work done to my heads there about the same as the streets. I could be wrong.

And my guess is you are wrong. I'm not flaming you, but as has been pointed out, some very talented people have worked on these heads with mediocre results at best. Post up some pictures if you have them, maybe some of the head porters can comment. I would be very surprised if they are the same as the streets, but, there's a first time for everything.......

Regardless, good numbers for the first time out.
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 8th 2010, 6:53 pm

For what its worth I had a set of TFS streets on a 472, heads just touched up, wrong valve selection etc, ran 9.60's in a 3150# car n/a.

The ex port on the procomps is its strong point, but you need a rock n roll intake port to make big power, that and the chamber is just terrible. Not being a dick but the only way to make the pro comp as good a s street is to melt it down and our it in a TFS mold lol.

Even the Coug's buddy Hemi hunter found a nice gain swapping the 2 heads.

It is what it is.

And again not taking away from your results, nines is nines however you look at it.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney May 8th 2010, 7:07 pm

I like the idea of a low buck aluminum BBF head. I just wish proComp would take some info and do some research and revise the intake port and chamber. this head has been out for awhile and with a few changes in the casting could make it a viable head. I agree that 9s are 9s so congrats on getting there keep playing with the spray, theres more in it.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon May 8th 2010, 9:40 pm

Congrats Jerimiah, Like Jon said,9's is 9's no matter how you look at it. Bring 'em to the Bash and make some people embarrased they were beat the ProComp parts they have been bashing Embarassed Very Happy

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down