BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Found these new Splayed Main Caps at the PRI show

+3
schmitty
IDT-572
sunvalley54
7 posters

Go down

Found these new Splayed Main Caps at the PRI show Empty Found these new Splayed Main Caps at the PRI show

Post  sunvalley54 December 29th 2009, 12:12 am

Found these Splayed caps down at the PRI show and found this link over at Ford Muscle

http://www.fordmuscle.com/forums/advertiser-announcements/482061-stop-cap-chatter-bessel-motorsports.html

sunvalley54

Back to top Go down

Found these new Splayed Main Caps at the PRI show Empty Re: Found these new Splayed Main Caps at the PRI show

Post  IDT-572 December 29th 2009, 12:24 am

Bessel, I think is now out of business ,a friend of mine bought the last two 460 blocks with caps he had. It maybe just the Ford stuff he is quitting on , but I thought they said he was getting totally out.
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Found these new Splayed Main Caps at the PRI show Empty Re: Found these new Splayed Main Caps at the PRI show

Post  sunvalley54 December 29th 2009, 12:32 am

I talked to a guy named Ronnie there they still have a site over at www.strokerkits.com and we orderd two sets for our 460 after we talked to John Kasse, which installs them in his Kaase P-51 Engines. I dont know if they sold the shop but I know they are still doing main caps.

sunvalley54

Back to top Go down

Post  sunvalley54 December 29th 2009, 12:46 am

They also had some FE Blocks with Splayed Caps

Found these new Splayed Main Caps at the PRI show 390fe11

sunvalley54

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty December 29th 2009, 11:07 am

sunvalley54 wrote:They also had some FE Blocks with Splayed Caps

Those are cross bolted conversions for the FE. This was done on some 427 FE motors from the factory.
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno December 29th 2009, 12:57 pm

Cool find

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  Bret Powell December 30th 2009, 12:51 am

schmitty wrote:
sunvalley54 wrote:They also had some FE Blocks with Splayed Caps

Those are cross bolted conversions for the FE. This was done on some 427 FE motors from the factory.

Yeah but, the 427s did not have near that mean a cap bolted in them. That is a stout and nice looking piece.

Bret

Bret Powell

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug December 30th 2009, 12:56 am

yeah my old 427 caps were like stock caps with cross bolt regesters on them not near as beefy as those are....and if you ever lost the bushings you were in deep crap unless you could make replacements....

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  sunvalley54 January 9th 2010, 9:21 pm

Im not sure if you guys notice or are aware but the caps actually lock into the bottom of the block so that the cap can not move inward.

Found these new Splayed Main Caps at the PRI show Untitled1-1

sunvalley54

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper January 9th 2010, 10:25 pm

sunvalley54 wrote:Im not sure if you guys notice or are aware but the caps actually lock into the bottom of the block so that the cap can not move inward.

Found these new Splayed Main Caps at the PRI show Untitled1-1

Now that is cool. I wish SBF were deep skirted.

I'm a pretty big fan of the ole FE motors though.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down