BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

torque specs for svo block splayed main cap bolts

3 posters

Go down

torque specs for svo block splayed main cap bolts Empty torque specs for svo block splayed main cap bolts

Post  ChrisH May 18th 2018, 11:02 pm

i have tried looking everywhere for the torque spec on the motorsport block's splayed bolts for the center three caps.
I have the literature that comes with the block and it only states the center bolts are tightened at 50/80/105.

I am assuming the outside bolts do not tighten to the same torque but I can't find a definitive answer.

any answers?

thank you

chris

ChrisH

Back to top Go down

torque specs for svo block splayed main cap bolts Empty Re: torque specs for svo block splayed main cap bolts

Post  BBFTorino May 19th 2018, 5:02 am

65 lbs. ft. is what I seen listed on an SVO A460 block spec sheet before. For the outter splayed bolts.

BBFTorino

Back to top Go down

torque specs for svo block splayed main cap bolts Empty Re: torque specs for svo block splayed main cap bolts

Post  Lem Evans May 19th 2018, 8:25 am

About 100..they are 1/2" also.

3. Main bearing caps should be fully seated by tapping with a rubber mallet before tightening bolts. The ½"-13
bolts should be torqued to 105 ft. lbs. in three steps; 50/80/105 ft.lbs. On each step tighten the inner bolts
first and the outer angled bolts second. Use sealer on the angled bolts as the angled holes on some blocks
break into the water jacket.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisH May 19th 2018, 10:13 pm

well,
the outer bolts are the same size. guess I should have paid more attention.

thank you

ChrisH

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down