BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is why you should or shouldn't get poked??

+12
Dave De
dfree383
gt350hr
zbob
cool40
69F100
snuff98
rmcomprandy
bruno
Albert Clark
supervel45
Curt
16 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

This is why you should or shouldn't get poked?? Empty This is why you should or shouldn't get poked??

Post  Curt August 1st 2021, 11:29 am

ME: CDC, should I get poke if I already had Covid?
CDC: “Yes, you should be poked regardless of whether you already had COVID-19. That’s because experts do not yet know how long you are protected from getting sick again after recovering from COVID-19.”
ME: Oh, okay, we don’t know how long natural immunity lasts. Got it. So, how long does poke-induced immunity last?
CDC: “There is still a lot we are learning about COVID-19 pokes and CDC is constantly reviewing evidence and updating guidance. We don’t know how long protection lasts for those who are poked.”
ME: Okay … but wait a second. I thought you said the reason I need the poke was because we don’t know how long my natural immunity lasts, but it seems like you’re saying we ALSO don’t know how long poke immunity lasts either. So, how exactly is the poke immunity better than my natural immunity?
CDC: …
ME: Uh … alright. But, haven’t there been a bunch of studies suggesting that natural immunity could last for years or decades?
CDC: Yes.
NEWYORKTIMES: “Years, maybe even decades, according to a new study.”
ME: Ah. So natural immunity might last longer than poke immunity?
CDC: Possibly. You never know.
ME: Okay. If I get the poke, does that mean I won’t get sick?
BRITAIN: Nope. We are just now entering a seasonal spike and about half of our infections and hospital admissions are poked people.
ME: CDC, is this true? Are there a lot of people in the U.S. catching Covid after getting the poke?
CDC: We stopped tracking breakthrough cases. We accept voluntary reports of breakthroughs but aren’t out there looking for them.
ME: Does that mean that if someone comes in the hospital with Covid, you don’t track them because they’ve been poked? You only track the UN-poked Covid cases?
CDC: That’s right.
ME: Oh, okay. Hmm. Well, if I can still get sick after I get the poke, how is it helping me?
CDC: We never said you wouldn’t get sick. We said it would reduce your chances of serious illness or death.
ME: Oh, sorry. Alright, exactly how much does it reduce my chance of serious illness or death.
CDC: We don’t know “exactly.”
ME: Oh. Then what’s your best estimate for how much risk reduction there is?
CDC: We don’t know, okay? Next question.
ME: Um, if I’m healthy and don’t want the poke, is there any reason I should get it?
CDC: Yes, for the collective.
ME: How does the collective benefit from me getting poked?
CDC: Because you could spread the virus to someone else who might get sick and die.
ME: Can a poked person spread the virus to someone else?
ME: So if I get poked, I could still spread the virus to someone else?
ME: But I thought you just said, the REASON I should get poked was to prevent me spreading the virus? How does that make sense if I can still catch Covid and spread it after getting the poke?
CDC: Never mind that. The other thing is, if you stay unpoked, there’s a chance the virus could possibly mutate into a strain that escapes the pokes protection, putting all poked people at risk.
ME: So the poke stops the virus from mutating?
CDC: No.
ME: So it can still mutate in poked people?
ME: This seems confusing. If the poke doesn’t stop mutations, and it doesn’t stop infections, then how does me getting poked help prevent a more deadly strain from evolving to escape the poke?
CDC: You aren’t listening, okay? The bottom line is: as long as you are unpoked, you pose a threat to poked people.
ME: But what KIND of threat??
CDC: The threat that they could get a serious case of Covid and possibly die.
ME: My brain hurts. Didn’t you JUST say that the poke doesn’t keep people from catching Covid, but prevents a serious case or dying? Now it seems like you’re saying poked people can still easily die from Covid even after they got the poke just by running into an unpoked person! Which is it??
CDC: That’s it, we’re hanging up now.
ME: Wait! I just want to make sure I understand all this. So, even if I ALREADY had Covid, I should STILL get poked, because we don’t know how long natural immunity lasts, and we also don’t know how long poke immunity lasts. And I should get the poke to keep a poked person from catching Covid from me, but even if I get the poke, I can give it to the poked person anyways. And, the other poked person can still easily catch a serious case of Covid from me and die. Do I have all that right?

ME: Um, hello? Is anyone there?
Curt
Curt

Mark Miller and 1EFF100 like this post

Back to top Go down

This is why you should or shouldn't get poked?? Empty Re: This is why you should or shouldn't get poked??

Post  supervel45 August 1st 2021, 3:55 pm

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/14787210.2020.1776115

supervel45

Back to top Go down

This is why you should or shouldn't get poked?? Empty Re: This is why you should or shouldn't get poked??

Post  Albert Clark August 2nd 2021, 6:06 am

WHO Friggen cares

If you want it ok

if you don't want it ok

if you catch it and die ok

if you don't catch it ok

it seems like you just want to argue
so get friggen over it and STFU

Albert

Albert Clark

BigBlockRanger, dfree383, Gregaust and cool40 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno August 2nd 2021, 6:35 am

"Poked" i thought this was a new way to port cylinder heads ?? Basketball Basketball

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt August 2nd 2021, 9:28 am

Albert Clark wrote:

it seems like you just want to argue  
so get friggen over it and STFU

Albert

Hahaha, reading comprehension is your friend.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy August 2nd 2021, 12:24 pm

When the FDA confirms that all the vaccines are approved for more than just EMERGENCY approval, no one can say the shots are safe ... it can only be presumed.

NOT good enough for me ... to become a lab rat.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

QtrWarrior, Mark Miller, The Pope, 1EFF100, 738drvr and John Myrick like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt August 2nd 2021, 3:55 pm

My wife just texted me and said that they had 20 covid patients. 19 have been vaccinated.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  snuff98 August 2nd 2021, 7:42 pm

I am more worried about the systems pushing for everyone to get the vaccine than the virus itself. I and most of my family have had covid already, we all made it through much better than the last bad flue that we all caught. I am sure that all the people crossing the U.S. Mexico border have ALL of their shots and have been tested /quarantined for covid before they are handed out medical cards and hotel vouchers. The old saying "be careful what you wish for" could not be more appropriate for the people who want to re-imagine America. Everyone can drown when a ship sinks!

snuff98

1EFF100 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 August 3rd 2021, 3:35 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:When the FDA confirms that all the vaccines are approved for more than just EMERGENCY approval, no one can say the shots are safe ... it can only be presumed.

NOT good enough for me ... to become a lab rat.

X2 on what Randy said I am no lab rat I had it last December made it through it
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 August 23rd 2021, 1:48 am

The vaccine doesn’t necessarily mean you won’t get it but your odds of getting deathly ill are a lot less. I know some people that had hardly any symptoms when they had covid last year and some that died. I got the vaccine in April and damn glad I did now!
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Gregaust likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  snuff98 August 23rd 2021, 1:41 pm

Good for you cool40. It should still be a choice that an adult can make to get the vaccine or not. I, my wife, my daughter, and my son all had covid before the vaccine was available and have not been vaccinated. If we have a choice we will not due to the fact that we are probably more safe from getting very ill or dying from covid than someone who had the vaccine. I have 4 distant cousins who have all had the shot come down with the delta variant, 3 will be ok 1 is at deaths door on a vent. My daughter was refused treatment on 8/22/2021 at a local hospital for a spinal problem because she is not vaccinated. This is going the wrong way!

snuff98

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 August 23rd 2021, 2:07 pm

snuff98 wrote:Good for you cool40.  It should still be a choice that an adult can make to get the vaccine or not. I, my wife, my daughter, and my son all had covid before the vaccine was available and have not been vaccinated. If we have a choice we will not due to the fact that we are probably more safe from getting very ill or dying from covid than someone who had the vaccine.  I have 4 distant cousins who have all had the shot come down with the delta variant,  3 will be ok 1 is at deaths door on a vent.  My daughter was refused treatment on 8/22/2021 at a local hospital for a spinal problem because she is not vaccinated. This is going the wrong way!
it is your choice to get it or not so that’s up to you. According to what I’ve read your own residence is about 80% versus 95% with a vaccine but I’m certainly no virologist and don’t know. If I was your daughter I’d stay as far away from the hospital right now as I could if it’s nothing life threatening she needs.
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  zbob October 3rd 2021, 9:00 pm

in the last two months i got both covid shots, both shingle shots and a flu shot. man i woke up tired lazy and sore all over. screw me. same as any other freaking day, wtf do you expect at 66 turning 67, lol.

zbob

Gregaust likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt October 4th 2021, 5:43 pm

It's a shame that none of the so called experts will tell you that being healthy is far more effective than any vaccine.
Curt
Curt

rmcomprandy and Mark Miller like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  gt350hr October 15th 2021, 11:47 am

I got COVID in Dec of 2019 BEFORE anyone knew what it was (publicly). Yes it was tough on me with the effects lasting about 6 weeks. In January the media exploded about this virus that "could" kill half of the world's population and the scare was on. I am NOT discounting the vicious nature of this virus at ALL. I just lost a FULLY vaccinated friend of 35 years to COVID. "Some" cannot survive REGARDLESS of vaccination or not. Because "I" had it , I have the antibodies and have been "hit" three times since my initial bought with it. Those hits were 4 days of MINOR symptoms , actually LESS than the common cold. My "clue " was loss of taste and smell for those four days. It is OBVIOUS that my antibodies kicked A$$ and knocked down the virus. Soooooo , if the virus mimics the antibodies , why do I need it especially when the virus is not a CURE?????? YES I recommend ANYONE who has NOT had it to get the shots , but "I" see NO BENEFIT to "me". The "push" to get "everyone vaccinated" is all about the MONEY, Drug companies spent copious amounts of money ( government panic money)to develop the vaccines which are now "free" , thanks to the Federal Government ( read US from OUR tax money). YOUR politicians are "on the take" whether direct or though stock investments from "informed sources". COVID is big business and has eclipsed Cancer as a priority pushing THAT cure backwards. People will always DIE and as the total population numbers increase SO WILL the amount of deaths regardless of the reason they died.

gt350hr

Gregaust and Mark Miller like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy October 15th 2021, 12:08 pm

gt350hr wrote:    I got COVID in Dec of 2019 BEFORE anyone knew what it was (publicly). Yes it was tough on me with the effects lasting about 6 weeks. In January the media exploded about this virus that "could" kill half of the world's population and the scare was on. I am NOT discounting the vicious nature of this virus at ALL. I just lost a FULLY vaccinated friend of 35 years to COVID. "Some" cannot survive REGARDLESS of vaccination or not. Because "I" had it , I have the antibodies and have been "hit" three times since my initial bought with it. Those hits were 4 days of MINOR symptoms , actually LESS than the common cold. My "clue " was loss of taste and smell for those four days. It is OBVIOUS that my antibodies kicked A$$ and knocked down the virus. Soooooo , if the virus mimics the antibodies , why do I need it especially when the virus is not a CURE??????  YES I recommend ANYONE who has NOT had it to get the shots , but "I" see NO BENEFIT to "me". The "push" to get "everyone vaccinated" is all about the MONEY, Drug companies spent copious amounts of money ( government panic money)to develop the vaccines which are now "free" , thanks to the Federal Government ( read US from OUR tax money). YOUR politicians are "on the take" whether direct or though stock investments from "informed sources". COVID is big business and has eclipsed Cancer as a priority pushing THAT cure backwards. People will always DIE and as the total population numbers increase SO WILL the amount of deaths regardless of the reason they died.

Personally ... I agree completely.
Antibodies formed by a healthy immune system from having the Virus is more effective than what any shot could be.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Gregaust likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt October 15th 2021, 2:18 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:

Personally ... I agree completely.
Antibodies formed by a healthy immune system from having the Virus is more effective than what any shot could be.

sanjay gupta slipped up in his interview with Joe Rogan and verified that personal antibodies are better than the shot.

We should not be led to thinking that the Pharmaceutical companies making the vaccine are not profiting from it, not should we not think that the politicians in Washington are not heavily invested in them.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  gt350hr October 15th 2021, 2:36 pm

When the government is paying EVERYBODY has their hand out. "Free" testing , Free shots ( in some cases GIFT incentives!) are all covered by "Uncle Sam" and that means you and me. "Our " money is managed by a crooked bunch of people elected to serve our best interests. Why then are so many being arrested for illegal activities???

gt350hr

rmcomprandy, Gregaust and Mark Miller like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 December 8th 2021, 7:26 pm

And the saga continues......

dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 December 8th 2021, 11:21 pm

dfree383 wrote:And the saga continues......

you still waiting?
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 December 9th 2021, 8:03 am

Yeah, waiting to be forced to take something that’s not going to make any real difference.

The more I read and see about this subject it’s nothing but a red flag and all preplanned

Be aware and be afraid, be very afraid of this governments intentions and long game plan.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 December 9th 2021, 10:59 am

dfree383 wrote:Yeah, waiting to be forced to take something that’s not going to make any real difference.

The more I read and see about this subject it’s nothing but a red flag and all preplanned

Be aware and be afraid, be very afraid of this governments intentions and long game plan.
. What exactly is it you’re afraid of?
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Gregaust likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave De December 11th 2021, 11:08 pm

cool40 wrote:
dfree383 wrote:Yeah, waiting to be forced to take something that’s not going to make any real difference.

Are you trying to bait a government contractor to answer that question and put his career in jeopardy?
I can see where you are on this issue and I hope you are right that we have not lost substantial freedoms in the last 2 years thinking that they will return. I hope that the deaths and medical malfeasance that this experimental concoction has caused will not continue. I hope that the powers to be had and have good intentions with what has transpired. I keep looking for signs that make sense to this madness but I'm continually disappointed. Some of us didnt buy in at all, some after the second jab when we were told we will need more maybe in 6 month intervals. Please just stop and listen to well known experts like Dr.Malone, Dr. McCullough, and Americas First Front Line Doctors. Forget about getting straight info from the media.
A few things to ponder....
A real vaccine will not allow you to get the virus. Our great leaders decided to fix this by changing the definition to vaccine. How is that working for you?
The so called science experts dont back up their position or mandates with science.
Most of the free western governments have gone rogue with extremism. There isnt much to stop that extreme tyranny in the USA. If it wasnt for state rights and power to check the fed we would be no different. State and local government power has never been so important than today for our freedom.
Dave De
Dave De

Mark Miller likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 December 12th 2021, 1:26 am

Dave De wrote:
cool40 wrote:

Are you trying to bait a government contractor to answer that question and put his career in jeopardy?
I can see where you are on this issue and I hope you are right that we have not lost substantial freedoms in the last 2 years thinking that they will return. I hope that the deaths and medical malfeasance that this experimental concoction has caused will not continue. I hope that the powers to be had and have good intentions with what has transpired. I keep looking for signs that make sense to this madness but I'm continually disappointed. Some of us didnt buy in at all, some after the second jab when we were told we will need more maybe in 6 month intervals. Please just stop and listen to well known experts like Dr.Malone, Dr. McCullough, and Americas First Front Line Doctors. Forget about getting straight info from the media.
A real vaccine will not allow you to get the virus. Our great leaders decided to fix this by changing the definition to vaccine. How is that working for you?
The so called science experts dont back up their position or mandates with science.
Most of the free western governments have gone rogue with extremism. There isnt much to stop that extreme tyranny in the USA. If it wasnt for state rights and power to check the fed we would be no different. State and local government power has never been so important than today for our freedom.  
. You sure draw a big picture out of a small question. I simply asked him what he’s afraid of but apparently I’ve baited him for some sort of trap? You think you see where I’m at on this? If someone doesn’t have the same opinions they must be a media following sheep? I have made my decision based on watching my friends and neighbors die of covid and just as you and him have the right to refuse the vaccine I have taken it. His opinions have been very well advertised by him so I don’t think he needs me to bait him for a damn thing, as if anyone cares what he does. Personally I don’t think anyone should be required to get vaccinated. Neither of my kids wants it so it’s up to them and the youngest 16, had covid over thanksgiving. She’s fine now and still don’t plan on getting the jab 🤷🏻‍� Nobody else in the house got it from her luckily unless we couldn’t tell it.
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller December 12th 2021, 1:43 am

cool40 wrote:
Dave De wrote:
cool40 wrote:

. You sure draw a big picture out of a small question. I simply asked him what he’s afraid of but apparently I’ve baited him for some sort of trap? You think you see where I’m at on this? If someone doesn’t have the same opinions they must be a media following sheep?  I have made my decision based on watching my friends and neighbors die of covid and just as you and him have the right to refuse the vaccine I have taken it. His opinions have been very well advertised by him so I don’t think he needs me to bait him for a damn thing, as if anyone cares what he does. Personally I don’t think anyone should be required to get vaccinated. Neither of my kids wants it so it’s up to them and the youngest 16, had covid over thanksgiving. She’s fine now and still don’t plan on getting the jab 🤷🏻‍� Nobody else in the house got it from her luckily unless we couldn’t tell it.

So your other kid that didn't get the shot didn't get Covid from your daughter?If so it's a 50/50 chance either way getting the shot or not he didn't get Covid correct?

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum