BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No rules BBF nitrous build - Let's build it

5 posters

Go down

No rules BBF nitrous build - Let's build it Empty No rules BBF nitrous build - Let's build it

Post  Fordaholic495 December 23rd 2020, 1:57 pm

I sand drag race, so we have no head rules or anything like that. Usually just run what you brung heads up racing. With that said, I'm in the planning stages of my next build. I think I will be sticking with nitrous. My initial thought is ported A460 heads by one of the reputable head guys like Charlie E. I have run across some C heads for sale used and it got me thinking about other head options. It will be a build from scratch so cubic inch and parts selection is wide open. It needs to run decent NA as I do some no power adder classes occasionally but peak power on the bottle is the goal. Looking for 1500hp+ on nitrous. Low-ish maintenance, like maybe a refresh every 2-3 years or 100-150 300ft passes.

Thinking $20-25k budget building it myself.

Lets have some fun with this, what would you all put together for this deal? Will the A heads get me there reliably with a good tuneup? What CI would you shoot for? My first thought was 598 but I'm open to anything really.

Fordaholic495

Back to top Go down

No rules BBF nitrous build - Let's build it Empty Re: No rules BBF nitrous build - Let's build it

Post  cool40 December 23rd 2020, 3:20 pm

Starting from scratch I’d go with the C heads or the new deal I’ve saw Ed Mclemore has in the works. A heads are definitely capable of your goals though
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

No rules BBF nitrous build - Let's build it Empty Re: No rules BBF nitrous build - Let's build it

Post  cool40 December 23rd 2020, 3:23 pm

And bigger is always better 😎
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy December 24th 2020, 10:46 am

Fordaholic495 wrote:I sand drag race, so we have no head rules or anything like that. Usually just run what you brung heads up racing. With that said, I'm in the planning stages of my next build. I think I will be sticking with nitrous. My initial thought is ported A460 heads by one of the reputable head guys like Charlie E. I have run across some C heads for sale used and it got me thinking about other head options. It will be a build from scratch so cubic inch and parts selection is wide open. It needs to run decent NA as I do some no power adder classes occasionally but peak power on the bottle is the goal. Looking for 1500hp+ on nitrous. Low-ish maintenance, like maybe a refresh every 2-3 years or 100-150 300ft passes.

Lets have some fun with this, what would you all put together for this deal? Will the A heads get me there reliably with a good tuneup? What CI would you shoot for? My first thought was 598 but I'm open to anything really.

Personally, I would begin with the Profiler 222 heads.

EDIT: typing mistake ... should read profiler 221 heads.

Last edited by rmcomprandy on December 24th 2020, 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Fordaholic495 December 24th 2020, 9:31 pm

cool40 wrote:Starting from scratch I’d go with the C heads or the new deal I’ve saw Ed Mclemore has in the works. A heads are definitely capable of your goals though

I’m definitely interested in those ones Ed is working on! I’ll keep an eye out for those. Have seen some C heads around for sale used I’ve been eyeing, but idk if I want used or not.

Fordaholic495

Back to top Go down

Post  Fordaholic495 December 24th 2020, 9:33 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:
Fordaholic495 wrote:I sand drag race, so we have no head rules or anything like that. Usually just run what you brung heads up racing. With that said, I'm in the planning stages of my next build. I think I will be sticking with nitrous. My initial thought is ported A460 heads by one of the reputable head guys like Charlie E. I have run across some C heads for sale used and it got me thinking about other head options. It will be a build from scratch so cubic inch and parts selection is wide open. It needs to run decent NA as I do some no power adder classes occasionally but peak power on the bottle is the goal. Looking for 1500hp+ on nitrous. Low-ish maintenance, like maybe a refresh every 2-3 years or 100-150 300ft passes.

They make a 222 for the big block? I thought those were just for small blocks and the 205’s were big block heads? I’m not very familiar with the profiler stuff though!

Fordaholic495

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy December 24th 2020, 9:45 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:

I made a typing mistake ... that should read 221 Profiler heads.
They are basically canted valve, improved versions of the 205's

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Fordaholic495 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 January 5th 2021, 6:39 am

Got a new C460 too end for sale
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Fordaholic495 January 5th 2021, 11:16 am

dfree383 wrote:Got a new C460 too end for sale

Shoot me some info!

PM me or email me.

Jlavigne495@gmail.com

Fordaholic495

Back to top Go down

Post  68formalGT February 11th 2021, 1:50 pm

Check with Derek Timmer at Visner, he built Amanda Harris' C460 engine that she won Fastest of the Fast hill and hole race a few years ago.
68formalGT
68formalGT

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down