BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smoked direct clutch

4 posters

Go down

Smoked direct clutch Empty Smoked direct clutch

Post  2 wicked June 30th 2019, 9:37 pm

Hey guys, we smoked direct clutch in our c6 this weekend. What can I upgrade to prevent this again. It's in my sons mud racing truck. I thought we were starting to have a problem last race. Developed a 2-3 flair. Is it possible to increase clutch surface area. Have heard a Lincoln c6 drum holds more steels and frictions. Thanks cory

2 wicked

Back to top Go down

Smoked direct clutch Empty Re: Smoked direct clutch

Post  Gregaust July 1st 2019, 5:13 am

Machine a new snap ring groove , upgrade to 5 frictions minimum. Make sure you have a good valvebody with good line pressure

What is the setup you have now ? Clutch count + valvebody ?

Gregaust

Back to top Go down

Post  2 wicked July 1st 2019, 3:14 pm

We have a tci reverse manual valvebody and tci clutch kit. I did put 4 fiber disks in direct drum,. Positive their was only 3 in stock. Also have fti 4000 stall converter. Always shifted good, nice and positive shifts.

2 wicked

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 July 1st 2019, 4:28 pm

Get with Frank Merkel
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  2 wicked July 10th 2019, 2:11 pm

Hey guys, have any of u dealt with broader on trans parts? Finally got sons trans out and apart. Burned direct clutch and almost burned up forward clutch. Looking at broaders 5 clutch direct drum and modified pressure plates for additional clutches. Probably get their reverse manual VB too. And r servo / e or f servo lever and rigid band. Thanks for help in advance, Cory

2 wicked

Back to top Go down

Post  Gregaust July 11th 2019, 4:24 am

Yes , all his stuff is good . Has been good to deal with also several times Smile

Gregaust

Back to top Go down

Post  2 wicked July 12th 2019, 9:30 pm

Thanks gregaust,. Called Broader and they were very helpful. Hopefully with upgrades won't smoke clutches again for awhile. Thanks again, cory

2 wicked

Back to top Go down

Post  Gregaust July 13th 2019, 2:06 am

Should get you right Smile  The extra clutches along with a good valvebody Smile

Those TCI valve bodies are very average at best , usually a standard 2-3 flare Sad

Gregaust

Back to top Go down

Smoked direct clutch Empty valve body

Post  manofmerc July 14th 2019, 5:18 am

I would consider a different valve body .Broader can supply you one .But with my drag car I built a forward pattern manual valve body with a trans go 67-3 shift kit .I know this worked for me you didn't mention a trans brake so you could swap shifters and do away with that tci valve body .Broader has direct clutch drums setup for five clutches and drills them so the fluid circulates .They work good .And for the best c-6 components Frank Merkl is always around .Doug afro

manofmerc
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  2 wicked August 19th 2019, 10:42 pm

Well, finally got all the parts from broader. They are buy far great to deal with and very helpful. The trans shifts extremely firm, zero flare. Racing Saturday and kid wants to try the nitrous kit I bought for him. New I shouldn't have put it on till we race tested the trans. Oh well, he will have to wait one more race. Thanks again for everyone's help. Cory

2 wicked

Back to top Go down

Post  Gregaust August 20th 2019, 5:09 am

2 wicked wrote:Well, finally got all the parts from broader. They are buy far great to deal with and very helpful. The trans shifts extremely firm, zero flare. Racing Saturday and kid wants to try the nitrous kit I bought for him. New I shouldn't have put it on till we race tested the trans.  Oh well, he will have to wait one more race.  Thanks again for everyone's help. Cory

Good result . Yes Broader is great , nice parts that work .. thanks for the update Smile

Gregaust

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down