BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

older style msd crank trigger question

4 posters

Go down

older style msd crank trigger question Empty older style msd crank trigger question

Post  Rickytx630 June 10th 2018, 5:09 pm

got the car ready to fire up and when i went to put the crank trigger sensor in i notice it was cracked near the wires and looks like it rubbed at one point against the wheel, my question is im looking to buy a new sensor but not sure which one to get, i noticed on msd's site that they offer an older style universal sensor, its at least 15 years old so im guessing thats what i need but i want to double check, its a bbf set obviously, been having some problems yesterday and today, was hoping this is the issue,

Rickytx630

Back to top Go down

older style msd crank trigger question Empty Re: older style msd crank trigger question

Post  BOSS 429 June 10th 2018, 7:42 pm

ohm test it, its either good or not.

rubbin the wheel has never seem to hurt them
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

older style msd crank trigger question Empty Re: older style msd crank trigger question

Post  bosshoss June 10th 2018, 9:54 pm

New style wheel has magnets, old style does not.
bosshoss
bosshoss
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

older style msd crank trigger question Empty crank tigger

Post  Rickytx630 June 17th 2018, 12:40 pm

so now that i got the new sensor and the points on the cam and crank pullys line up, with number one at tdc, and the rotor facing number one on the cap the dizy drop right in, but with that ot still pops threw the exhaust and wont fire, even haad the balamcer at 30* and it does the same thing, the car was under the awning withcar over for 2 days, one being that it rained and i had 3 plastic bags covering the box, what are the changes the box is no good? its a 7al3 (red old style) car is a t-top car and the floor near the rr tub was a little wet but that was it,

Rickytx630

Back to top Go down

Post  pmrphil June 17th 2018, 1:28 pm

most likely 180 degrees off - with the timing dots pointing at each other I believe it's on the exhaust stroke. If it popped at all it's still making spark.

pmrphil

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 June 17th 2018, 7:10 pm

Rickytx630 wrote:so now that i got the new sensor and the points on the cam and crank pullys line up, with number one at tdc, and the rotor facing number one on the cap the dizy drop right in, but with that ot still pops threw the exhaust and wont fire, even haad the balamcer at 30* and it does the same thing, the car was under the awning withcar over for 2 days, one being that it rained and i had 3 plastic bags covering the box, what are the changes the box is no good? its a 7al3 (red old style) car is a t-top car and the floor near the rr tub was a little wet but that was it,

call me
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down