BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Eliminator intake

+19
Lem Evans
BBFTorino
J.Toney
stanger68
hookin78
Truckblock
Mark Laczo
Scott Foxwell
csdrag
SLord82
dirt_worker
Gary Blair
rmcomprandy
wayney
IDT-572
68formalGT
4speed
BOSS 429
HorsinAround
23 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

New Eliminator intake - Page 4 Empty Re: New Eliminator intake

Post  hookin78 February 1st 2017, 8:47 am

New Eliminator intake - Page 4 IMG_3085

Regular Dominator flange ability before cutting it open to a streched carb

hookin78

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott Foxwell February 1st 2017, 9:24 am

Have any of these actually been cast yet, or is this another unicorn like the other intake that was along side it at PRI?

Scott Foxwell

Back to top Go down

Post  STR-LGL-70 February 2nd 2017, 4:03 pm

Are there adaptors available to use an A intake with C type heads? If/when this intake is available looks like it would be way better than the current cast C type intake.

Sheldon G.
STR-LGL-70
STR-LGL-70

Back to top Go down

Post  68formalGT February 2nd 2017, 4:33 pm

^^^^I believe Charlie Evens makes adapters for A-Head intake on C-Heads.
68formalGT
68formalGT

Back to top Go down

Post  68formalGT February 2nd 2017, 4:34 pm

Scott Foxwell wrote:Have any of these actually been cast yet, or is this another unicorn like the other intake that was along side it at PRI?

I hope not, I want one!!!!
68formalGT
68formalGT

Back to top Go down

Post  4speed February 2nd 2017, 10:09 pm

stanger68 wrote:Pictures can be deceiving. YOu guys may be right. The more I look at the pic it does have a pretty good distance between the mounting pad and the runner entry. no one ever said how tall it is did they? And was that 30 extra horse gained with a stretch carb and ported intake? , versus "what is currently available" could be anything. If your comparing a ported stretched tricked out dominator carb that is 10" tall against a stock victor out of the box with an out of the box shelf carb then heck yeah it's going to beat it by 3o!
It was run against a very heavily ported trick flow a head intake, sv1 carb..20 better down low , 30 better at 7000k...60 hp better at 7800. If you want peak power below 7000k this probably ain't your intake. Old intake started falling off at 7000k.-A
4speed
4speed

Back to top Go down

Post  hookin78 February 3rd 2017, 10:08 am

4speed wrote:
stanger68 wrote:Pictures can be deceiving. YOu guys may be right. The more I look at the pic it does have a pretty good distance between the mounting pad and the runner entry. no one ever said how tall it is did they? And was that 30 extra horse gained with a stretch carb and ported intake? , versus "what is currently available" could be anything. If your comparing a ported stretched tricked out dominator carb that is 10" tall against a stock victor out of the box with an out of the box shelf carb then heck yeah it's going to beat it by 3o!
It was run against a very heavily ported trick flow a head intake, sv1 carb..20 better down low , 30 better at 7000k...60 hp better at 7800. If you want peak power below 7000k this probably ain't your intake. Old intake started falling off at 7000k.-A

how big a motor was this tested on....?

hookin78

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott Foxwell February 3rd 2017, 11:50 am

4speed wrote:
I can see just from the pics where improvements can be made to help throughout the rpm range. Very small details in these types of intakes can make a huge difference.

Scott Foxwell

Back to top Go down

Post  4speed February 3rd 2017, 11:52 am

Yes Scott, the designer is well aware of what this thing is capable of, but thanks for your input.-A
4speed
4speed

Back to top Go down

Post  4speed February 3rd 2017, 11:56 am

hookin78 wrote:
4speed wrote:

how big a motor was this tested on....?
A 557
4speed
4speed

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Laczo February 3rd 2017, 2:48 pm

4speed wrote:It was run against a very heavily ported trick flow a head intake, sv1 carb..20 better down low , 30 better at 7000k...60 hp better at 7800. If you want peak power below 7000k this probably ain't your intake. Old intake started falling off at 7000k.-A

Was the TFS A head intake the latest tall one or the older shorter one ?

Thx Mark
Mark Laczo
Mark Laczo

Back to top Go down

Post  stanger68 February 4th 2017, 12:01 am

4speed wrote:

557 with 340 cc TFS A. Most likely will be 7-7,400rpm

stanger68

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans February 4th 2017, 12:11 am

Lem Evans wrote:
4speed wrote:
Lem Evans wrote:The unit been ran on an engine?
Yea Lem it was ran on a 557 A headed deal, spun up to 8000 rpm. In initial testing it was 30 horse better than what's currently available well ported. I know there have been some changes made to the plenum and floor since the PRI show.-A

At what RPM did the horse power peak?

?

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott Foxwell February 4th 2017, 12:12 pm

4speed wrote:Yes Scott, the designer is well aware of what this thing is capable of, but thanks for your input.-A
If you say so.

Scott Foxwell

Back to top Go down

Post  4speed February 5th 2017, 8:50 am

Lem Evans wrote:
Lem Evans wrote:
4speed wrote:
Lem Evans wrote:The unit been ran on an engine?
Yea Lem it was ran on a 557 A headed deal, spun up to 8000 rpm. In initial testing it was 30 horse better than what's currently available well ported. I know there have been some changes made to the plenum and floor since the PRI show.-A

At what RPM did the horse power peak?

?
Lem, the old intake peaked at 7000 and started to fall off, not bad but started loosing altitude...the new intake peaked at 7800 and was holding on pretty good to 8200 where the pull stopped.-A
4speed
4speed

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans February 5th 2017, 10:52 am

Thanks.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  4speed February 5th 2017, 11:10 am

Lem Evans wrote:Thanks.
Yes sir! Your welcome Lem
4speed
4speed

Back to top Go down

Post  68formalGT February 5th 2017, 11:18 am

Only thing missing is a fogger or 3.
68formalGT
68formalGT

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 February 6th 2017, 7:09 pm

Another good post showing why we are in need of better engineered manifolds...............

Instead of copy and past old intakes and just making runners bigger.

It's not just air flow missing on what we have had available.
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy February 6th 2017, 9:15 pm

IDT-572 wrote:Another good post showing why we are in need of better engineered manifolds...............  

Overall tuned length and much different tuning lengths cylinder to cylinder are the main culprits.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 February 7th 2017, 12:47 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:
IDT-572 wrote:Another good post showing why we are in need of better engineered manifolds...............  

Overall tuned length and much different tuning lengths cylinder to cylinder are the main culprits.

I agree........... The Chevy guys have 50 intakes for every one we have.
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert Clark February 7th 2017, 4:00 pm

[quote="Scott Foxwell"[/quote]
I can see just from the pics where improvements can be made to help throughout the rpm range. Very small details in these types of intakes can make a huge difference.[/quote]

and How Much have you put into This Project? oh that's right you are a back patter, I am surprised yo can type with your arms in back patting yourself all the time...  if you don't like it, do something about it make one like you think should be, but we can't see that happening cause that would entail you spending your money Shocked Just be happy someone is trying to help the Ford fans get another Intake....and stop Patting yourself on the back so much, it makes you look like a Self centered Dork

Albert Clark

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott Foxwell February 7th 2017, 9:44 pm

Albert Clark wrote:
Scott Foxwell wrote:
I can see just from the pics where improvements can be made to help throughout the rpm range. Very small details in these types of intakes can make a huge difference.

and How Much have you put into This Project? oh that's right you are a back patter, I am surprised yo can type with your arms in back patting yourself all the time...  if you don't like it, do something about it make one like you think should be, but we can't see that happening cause that would entail you spending your money Shocked Just be happy someone is trying to help the Ford fans get another Intake....and stop Patting yourself on the back so much, it makes you look like a Self centered Dork

Wow, Albert. Who pissed in your Cheerios? LOL... a back patter, huh. That's a new one. So attacking me makes you look how? All I did was offer an observation. Sorry if it offended you. I promise, I'll keep my thoughts to myself.

Scott Foxwell

Back to top Go down

Post  Gary Blair March 15th 2017, 8:50 am

rmcomprandy wrote:

X2
Gary Blair
Gary Blair

Back to top Go down

Post  snuff98 March 15th 2017, 4:16 pm

would this benefit an engine with Mechanical fuel injection?

snuff98

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next