BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

K Memebr Mix and Match!!

4 posters

Go down

K Memebr Mix and Match!! Empty K Memebr Mix and Match!!

Post  billandlori November 6th 2015, 6:42 pm

Hey guys,

I am getting my Fairmont pieced together. I am using the drivetrain out of my 1983 T-Bird.

The Fairmont was an I6 car. I have read that the T-Bird control arms are longer, I would like to use the T-Bird K Member cause it has the cut outs to save weight but I don't want a ton of camber!! Would I be able to use the Mont control arms with the T-Bird K Member?

Thanks for the thoughts,

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

K Memebr Mix and Match!! Empty Re: K Memebr Mix and Match!!

Post  Mike R November 6th 2015, 7:58 pm

I'm pretty sure the T-bird k member won't fit. I believe the rear mounts are in the wrong spot

Mike R

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori November 7th 2015, 1:40 am

Mike R wrote:I'm pretty sure the T-bird k member won't fit. I believe the rear mounts are in the wrong spot

Thanks Mike!!

Might be time for a tubular K Member lol!!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller November 8th 2015, 2:24 am

billandlori wrote:Hey guys,

I am getting my Fairmont pieced together. I am using the drivetrain out of my 1983 T-Bird.

The Fairmont was an I6 car. I have read that the T-Bird control arms are longer, I would like to use the T-Bird K Member cause it has the cut outs to save weight but I don't want a ton of camber!! Would I be able to use the Mont control arms with the T-Bird K Member?

Thanks for the thoughts,

Bill

When i had my 88 T-Bird i used a 5.0 Mustang K-Member so i could use the 460 Swap Motor Mounts.When i did that i had to end up using the Mustang lower control arms because the T-Bird lower control arms were longer.Don't know if this helps or not figured i would put my 2 cents in!!!!Laughing Laughing Laughing

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori November 8th 2015, 9:38 am

Mark Miller wrote:
billandlori wrote:Hey guys,

Thanks for the thoughts,

Bill

When i had my 88 T-Bird i used a 5.0 Mustang K-Member so i could use the 460 Swap Motor Mounts.When i did that i had to end up using the Mustang lower control arms because the T-Bird lower control arms were longer.Don't know if this helps or not figured i would put my 2 cents in!!!!Laughing Laughing Laughing  

Thanks Mark!!

I'm just going to run the heavy stocker for now and swap in a tubular when I can afford it!!

It is an I6 K Member so I'm going to have to drill engine mount holes, that will let me put the engine back a bit more.

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle November 16th 2015, 12:07 pm

I thought the I6 frame stands were too tall for a V8?

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori November 16th 2015, 6:27 pm

I heard they were different too John. I have to do some more measuring but they look like the right height, just the motor mount bolt is too far forward. That might work out ok, cause then I can drill the hole where I want and get the engine back a bit further. I might just cut the buggers off and use motor plates lol!!!

Bill

billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori November 20th 2015, 11:48 pm

Yep, your right John, the heights of the engine mount tabs are higher. So....I guess its out with the grinder!!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down