BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I tried to buy another american product

+4
John I.
cool40
69F100
uf63
8 posters

Go down

I tried to buy another american product Empty I tried to buy another american product

Post  uf63 November 13th 2009, 11:41 pm

today. I bought a new Gateway laptop instead of a toshiba, not a good idea! A real piece of shit going back sat. I know it's going to be a hassle to return. Going to buy the Jap. stuff. Man what have we done to ourselves. confused
uf63
uf63

Back to top Go down

I tried to buy another american product Empty Re: I tried to buy another american product

Post  uf63 November 14th 2009, 8:37 pm

well I was pleasntly surprized to day took back that p.o.s. gateway to Best Buy, no hassle. I think they get a lot of those back. The saleman just kind of smiled and when no one could hear him said they were junk and said when I told him my tale of woe about the gateway and put me into a HP. I'm a happy guy this thing runs great. Plus American buildt, I know all the parts are from every where. Happy ending! Very Happy
uf63
uf63

Back to top Go down

I tried to buy another american product Empty Re: I tried to buy another american product

Post  69F100 November 14th 2009, 9:18 pm

I have had this one for a year and half it is a Compaq its made by HP and I don't have a complaint about it and it is fast
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 November 14th 2009, 10:54 pm

i didnt know you could get any electronics made in usa? about the only thing made in u.s. anymore are government checks and new ideas on how to screw the working man, what few there are left! i'v been tryen to get a couple of garage doors for 6 weeks now and keep geten B/S from the guy,dam,i thought people needed work to do.well i'll shut up now,good to vent sometimes,i'll try a HP next time i buy a laptop. hope this toshiba lasts a while,LOL
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  John I. November 14th 2009, 11:03 pm

I have a Compaq Presario - it's only 10 months old, but it's the best 'puter I've ever owned easily. Zero trouble. And as much as I hear people griping about Vista, I have to say it's better than any OS I've had so far. Never locked up, or crashed - haven't had the blue screen of death or anything. It just works. My computer geek son calls me a dinosaur and says I need Windows 7, but I'm content with this so far.

John I.
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf November 14th 2009, 11:24 pm

cool40 wrote:i didnt know you could get any electronics made in usa? about the only thing made in u.s. anymore are government checks and new ideas on how to screw the working man, what few there are left! i'v been tryen to get a couple of garage doors for 6 weeks now and keep geten B/S from the guy,dam,i thought people needed work to do.well i'll shut up now,good to vent sometimes,i'll try a HP next time i buy a laptop. hope this toshiba lasts a while,LOL

When you order from HP they custom make the computer to your specs. I am sure most of the components may be made elsewhere but at least they are assembled here to your specs. EVGA is another company that has excellent American customer service if you are assembling your own computers.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  windsor November 14th 2009, 11:41 pm

All Apple here Very Happy
windsor
windsor

Back to top Go down

Post  torkair November 15th 2009, 1:02 am

windsor wrote:All Apple here Very Happy
Ah the Fords of the computer world, lol.
torkair
torkair

Back to top Go down

Post  uf63 November 15th 2009, 1:11 am

My desk top is a $350.00 e-machine 4yrs. old the best one I ever bought. Never a problem, hasn't crashed like my last
$1,800.00 P.O.JUNK the name rimes with HELL!! Never again will I spend over $500.00 on a computer. If I get 2-3yrs. cool throw them in the trash I'm O.K. with that about $1.00 a day. cheap entertanment! Cool
uf63
uf63

Back to top Go down

Post  IcallhimGeorge November 15th 2009, 11:37 am

Ive had real good luck with my Gateway but Im certainly a far cry from a "computer guy."

The Dell laptop I had before was a supreme POS. Luckily (I guess) I bought a 2yr/$100 protection plan. The motherboard was replaced three times, CD drive once, Keyboard twice, hard drive once, and a few different hardware issues all within the FIRST YEAR! It ended up being a decent for a while but then the screen crapped out on me so it was replaced also.

Ill never buy a computer more than about $5-600 or a service plan again. When it gives me trouble that cant be fixed cheap and easy I start looking for a new one. Its a shame someone cant make one a little more durable.

Also something else that bites my @ss.....
are there really people in this world with NOTHING else better to do than sit at home and write virus programs and send them through the internet as a joke? Unfortunately, yes.
IcallhimGeorge
IcallhimGeorge
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down