BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ELIMINATOR BLOCKS AND PRODUCT'S

+3
rmcomprandy
bbf-falcon
BOSS 429
7 posters

Go down

ELIMINATOR BLOCKS AND PRODUCT'S Empty ELIMINATOR BLOCKS AND PRODUCT'S

Post  BOSS 429 Tue 24 Aug 2010 - 21:52

GUYS WITHIN THE COURSE OF EVENTS,PEOPLE CALLING ME ABOUT MY POST, MY CALLS NOT BEING RETURNED( BUT I'VE HAD A LOT OF PM'S TOO) ETC. I WAS PUT IN CONTACT WITH MIKE BOWERY OWNER OF ELIMINATOR PRODUCTS. THIS IS INFO PER OUR PHONE CALL & E MAILS

THIS SHOULD CLARIFY SOMETHINGS.

--RICH

Eliminator Products and IDT are definitely two separate companies. Eliminator Products is the actual manufacturer and distributor of the 460 based race blocks (Premier, Ultra, etc.) Eliminator also manufactures cast iron 460 Ford replacement heads for industrial applications, whereas IDT is responsible for manufacturing the race-style A-heads (900 series) only.

Therefore, if anyone wishes to order an Eliminator block, all block orders should go thru any of Eliminator’s dealers listed on www.eliminatorproducts.com

In the past, IDT sold their A-heads and marketed them with the name “Eliminator by IDT”. However, they are now referred to as ‘IDT heads’ and are exclusively sold thru IDT Racing and Engineering. Therefore all race series A-head orders should go thru IDT. .

Rumor is there will be new

product information releases in the near future. Therefore, clarification is needed for anyone interested in potentially ordering these new products, as they are different companies with different product offerings

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK MR BOWERY FOR HIS TIME,AND FOR PRODUCING A GREAT PRODUCT FOR THE FORD GUYS TO WORK WITH .

RICH

CIRCLE (R) RACING

ELIMINATOR PRODUCTS DEALER

BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

ELIMINATOR BLOCKS AND PRODUCT'S Empty Re: ELIMINATOR BLOCKS AND PRODUCT'S

Post  bbf-falcon Tue 24 Aug 2010 - 22:43

I've never seen a eleminator block but,I got too see some IDT Race heads at the All Ford Swap. All I can say is WOW,very impressive.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 Wed 1 Sep 2010 - 2:12

Yes thats a nice head, I WOULD OF LOVED TO TEST THEM
Too bad IDT dont return phone calls.
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy Wed 1 Sep 2010 - 10:39

I don't call often but, Jay returns all mine; oh well...

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 Wed 1 Sep 2010 - 11:02

rmcomprandy wrote:I don't call often but, Jay returns all mine; oh well...

Mine too...........
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 Wed 1 Sep 2010 - 12:14

thats good he should, ive moved on

-RICH
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  DanH Wed 1 Sep 2010 - 18:26

Eliminator Products site down ? doen't come up for me . Might be eliminating the IDT heads from the site

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy Wed 1 Sep 2010 - 21:20

BOSS 429 wrote:thats good he should, ive moved on

-RICH

Since yesterday, huh ... bad mouth somebody's supposed practices and then just go the other way without any counterpoint - that's the sign of real integrity, right??? LOL Rolling Eyes

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 Thu 2 Sep 2010 - 1:41

rmcomprandy wrote:

-RICH

Since yesterday, huh ... bad mouth somebody's supposed practices and then just go the other way without any counterpoint - that's the sign of real integrity, right??? LOL Rolling Eyes
------------------------------------------
NO
LONGER THEN THAT REALLY.
EVER SINCE I TALKED TO MIKE BOWERY WHO OWNS ELM. PRODUCTS. JAY STILL HASNT ANWSERD MY PMS OR CALLS, I GAVE UP ON idt , SMART GUY DO YOU REALLY KNOW WHATS GOING ON OVER THERE, I BET NOT!

BAD MOUTH THEM? NO I DID NOT. THEY MAKE A NICE HEAD, THEiR PRACTICES ARE NOT.

THERE OTHER PEOPLE ON HERE HAVING SAME PROBLEM( not getting calls back) WITH THEM. I SAID I MOVED ON, COUNTER POINT? WHAT's to COUNTER POINT?
YOU DONT READ? I SAID MY POINT, THEY DIDNT RETURN ANY CALLS,EVER.
JAY PROMISED STUFF IT DIDNT HAPPEN, I HAD 2 BLOCKS SOLD, A 3RD 2 WEEKS LATTER, THEY NEVER SENT THE FIRST BLOCK THAT WAS THE START OF THE PROBLEM,THEN NEVER RETURNED MY CALLS WHEN I WANTED TO ORDER 2 MORE.............SO THOSE GUYS RECEVED ABLOCKS. jay also wanted me to sell his heads,not now. WHEN I ORDER SOMETHING I HAVE TO KNOW ITS ON IT WAY,AND IT WILL GET HERE, HOW ABOUT YOU?

hey if this is what it took to get them to return calls great!

BY THE WAY ITS 5 MONTHS TODAY I THINK THAT BLOCK NO1 WAS SUPOSED BE ON THE WAY,

OH 1 MORE THING AM I SUPOSE TO JUST KEEP ON ABOUT IT? AS IN THE ABOVE POST BY YOU? WHY? is that what you'd do?

ELM PRODUCTS MAKE A GREAT BLOCK, I HAVE ANOTHER ON THE WAY FROM ELM. THERES NO NEED FOR ME TO CALL idt.

LIKE I SAID I DIDNT BAD MOUTH idt just there PRACTICES

BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  DanH Thu 2 Sep 2010 - 9:53

it takes 2 to 3 months to get a block . think that means they don't warehouse finished blocks . Five month wait ??? does the order still stand ? if not 5 years 25 years there still will be no block . BOSS429 , I did PM (during the first thread about Elim.)you that I have two blocks , so no waiting . their site was up today . All I have to say , whatever trouble there is a Eliminator/IDT hope they work it out and keep their products available

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 Thu 2 Sep 2010 - 10:16

All I have to say , whatever trouble there is a Eliminator/IDT hope they work it out and keep their products available[/quote]

x2 well said.
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy Thu 2 Sep 2010 - 11:12

BOSS 429 wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:

-RICH

------------------------------------------
NO
LONGER THEN THAT REALLY.
EVER SINCE I TALKED TO MIKE BOWERY WHO OWNS ELM. PRODUCTS. JAY STILL HASNT ANWSERD MY PMS OR CALLS, I GAVE UP ON idt , SMART GUY DO YOU REALLY KNOW WHATS GOING ON OVER THERE, I BET NOT!

BAD MOUTH THEM? NO I DID NOT. THEY MAKE A NICE HEAD, THEiR PRACTICES ARE NOT.

THERE OTHER PEOPLE ON HERE HAVING SAME PROBLEM( not getting calls back) WITH THEM. I SAID I MOVED ON, COUNTER POINT? WHAT's to COUNTER POINT?
YOU DONT READ? I SAID MY POINT, THEY DIDNT RETURN ANY CALLS,EVER.
JAY PROMISED STUFF IT DIDNT HAPPEN, I HAD 2 BLOCKS SOLD, A 3RD 2 WEEKS LATTER, THEY NEVER SENT THE FIRST BLOCK THAT WAS THE START OF THE PROBLEM,THEN NEVER RETURNED MY CALLS WHEN I WANTED TO ORDER 2 MORE.............SO THOSE GUYS RECEVED ABLOCKS. jay also wanted me to sell his heads,not now. WHEN I ORDER SOMETHING I HAVE TO KNOW ITS ON IT WAY,AND IT WILL GET HERE, HOW ABOUT YOU?

hey if this is what it took to get them to return calls great!

BY THE WAY ITS 5 MONTHS TODAY I THINK THAT BLOCK NO1 WAS SUPOSED BE ON THE WAY,

OH 1 MORE THING AM I SUPOSE TO JUST KEEP ON ABOUT IT? AS IN THE ABOVE POST BY YOU? WHY? is that what you'd do?

ELM PRODUCTS MAKE A GREAT BLOCK, I HAVE ANOTHER ON THE WAY FROM ELM. THERES NO NEED FOR ME TO CALL idt.

LIKE I SAID I DIDNT BAD MOUTH idt just there PRACTICES

How long it has actually been for you, I have no idea however, YOUR post in question was now only 2 days ago.

Knowing about whats going on over there...? I knew about the "shake-up" last December when I had a conversation with Mike, (in person).

I certainly don't post something bad about someone's practices and then simply blow-off what has happened to anyone else in the rest of the world as if it didn't matter because MY experiences was all that counted.

Everybody deserves a FAIR shake; one way OR the other.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 Thu 2 Sep 2010 - 12:56

How long it has actually been for you, I have no idea however, YOUR post in question was now only 2 days ago.

Knowing about whats going on over there...? I knew about the "shake-up" last December when I had a conversation with Mike, (in person).

I certainly don't post something bad about someone's practices and then simply blow-off what has happened to anyone else in the rest of the world as if it didn't matter because MY experiences was all that counted.

Everybody deserves a FAIR shake; one way OR the other.

your post makes no sense

blow off, why should i keep calling?

BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 Thu 2 Sep 2010 - 13:00

DanH wrote:it takes 2 to 3 months to get a block . think that means they don't warehouse finished blocks . Five month wait ??? does the order still stand ? if not 5 years 25 years there still will be no block . BOSS429 , I did PM (during the first thread about Elim.)you that I have two blocks , so no waiting . their site was up today . All I have to say , whatever trouble there is a Eliminator/IDT hope they work it out and keep their products available

yes and thanks for the offer for the blocks, but they found a460 blocks before i could do anything,

-rich
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 Thu 2 Sep 2010 - 13:16

Before everybody passes judgement on Jay at IDT, there are things going on that haven't been brought out yet.

Just remember there are two sides to every story.
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  D's557BBF Thu 2 Sep 2010 - 13:31

Hey BOSS 429, Not to many racers in MICHIGAN are happy with those guys man!!! Trust me on that!!! I'm surprised they managed to stay in business this long to tell you the truth...
D's557BBF
D's557BBF

Back to top Go down

Post  DanH Thu 2 Sep 2010 - 17:47

D's557BBF wrote:Hey BOSS 429, Not to many racers in MICHIGAN are happy with those guys man!!! Trust me on that!!! I'm surprised they managed to stay in business this long to tell you the truth...
Lot of unhappy people in this world , some have good reason other just like to bitch . now to trust you on it , lets hear some reasons that have merit

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf Thu 2 Sep 2010 - 22:08

Well I don't know Jay or IDT but I have not had any luck in hiring people lately.

I have called at least 6 people to come in about replacing my flooring and I have 1 quote after 3 weeks. ($9600.00)
I have called 5 drywall people in to come fix my water damage and not 1 has showed up. ($1300)
I called a shop from a different forum about ordering some 13" wilwood brakes for my Falcon and they wouldn't call me back. ($1300.00)
I called 3 pest control people last week because our past pest control guy has moved on, 1 showed up.

I all these situations I called one person and waited days for a no show then moved on. It is not like I called 5 people in one day wasting everybody's time.

Apparently some people are not in a recession or their customer service just plain sucks ass. I have cash I need to spend and I am paying their price so it doesn't get any better then that. I can tell you this much, like Boss 429, I am not going to chase someone down to take my money. If you don't even have the business sense (or common courtesy) to call someone back then quite frankly screw you, there is no excuse for it.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  DanH Fri 3 Sep 2010 - 10:34

Four different services , fifteen companys and only one reply . you know what it could be ?

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf Fri 3 Sep 2010 - 10:51

DanH wrote: Four different services , fifteen companys and only one reply . you know what it could be ?

What does it mean Dan, my cash isn't good enough? Maybe everyone is on meth? I don't know. Not sure what you mean?
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  DanH Fri 3 Sep 2010 - 12:57

jasonf wrote:
DanH wrote: Four different services , fifteen companys and only one reply . you know what it could be ?

What does it mean Dan, my cash isn't good enough? Maybe everyone is on meth? I don't know. Not sure what you mean?
How are you comeing across to these companys ? Do they take you serious that you want the work done ? your demands/time frame . stopping by their store has its benefit - they get to know you and you them , also can ask for past customers to see the quality of their work

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf Fri 3 Sep 2010 - 15:27

DanH wrote:
Do they take you serious that you want the work done ? your demands/time frame . stopping by their store has its benefit - they get to know you and you them , also can ask for past customers to see the quality of their work

It doesn't seem too difficult of a process to me Dan. It goes something like this:
Me: "I have some water damaged hard wood flooring that needs to be replaced do you do that type of work?"
Them: Yes.
Me: "Ok, do you have someone that can come out for an estimate?"
Them: "Yes, how about tomorrow at XX time."
Me: "Yes that would be great."

Then they proceed not to show up and the ones that did show up measured my house , left and never called back. Only one person sent me an estimate when they said they would. I went to three flooring places and one of them was the place that sent me an estimate and the rest of the people were contractors that do the installation so they don't have a showroom. I have insurance to cover it and I already have a cheque for the down payment so it is not like I am not serious. I am not going to live with floor all sticking up in the hallway.

My whole point was the customer service sucks in every industry in this country not just in this industry. You would think people that are making less because of the recession would have a little better service but it sure doesn't seem that way.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Von Zipper likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 Fri 3 Sep 2010 - 15:32

jasonf wrote:
DanH wrote:
Do they take you serious that you want the work done ? your demands/time frame . stopping by their store has its benefit - they get to know you and you them , also can ask for past customers to see the quality of their work

It doesn't seem too difficult of a process to me Dan. It goes something like this:
Me: "I have some water damaged hard wood flooring that needs to be replaced do you do that type of work?"
Them: Yes.
Me: "Ok, do you have someone that can come out for an estimate?"
Them: "Yes, how about tomorrow at XX time."
Me: "Yes that would be great."

Then they proceed not to show up and the ones that did show up measured my house , left and never called back. Only one person sent me an estimate when they said they would. I went to three flooring places and one of them was the place that sent me an estimate and the rest of the people were contractors that do the installation so they don't have a showroom. I have insurance to cover it and I already have a cheque for the down payment so it is not like I am not serious. I am not going to live with floor all sticking up in the hallway.

My whole point was the customer service sucks in every industry in this country not just in this industry. You would think people that are making less because of the recession would have a little better service but it sure doesn't seem that way.

Maybe it's time to change your brand deodorant ................ Razz Just kidding big guy Laughing
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf Fri 3 Sep 2010 - 18:42

IDT-572 wrote:
Maybe it's time to change your brand deodorant ................ Razz Just kidding big guy Laughing

Hahahahahahaha, thanks Blake.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 Mon 6 Sep 2010 - 22:04

DanH wrote:
D's557BBF wrote:Hey BOSS 429, Not to many racers in MICHIGAN are happy with those guys man!!! Trust me on that!!! I'm surprised they managed to stay in business this long to tell you the truth...
Lot of unhappy people in this world , some have good reason other just like to bitch . now to trust you on it , lets hear some reasons that have merit

you didnt leave yor number? otherwise i would of gladly called you

BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down