BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D1 4 bolt main cap

3 posters

Go down

D1 4 bolt main cap Empty D1 4 bolt main cap

Post  fsc1982 February 22nd 2014, 11:01 pm

Ok, so I've been scouring the net looking for the D1 style, thin web, 4 bolt main cap for sale. Talked to Barry at Survival, said BT caps haven't been available for some time. Anyone know if this cap is being manufactured/sold by anyone else? I've seen the caps by Engine Systems but am led to believe these are made by BT and are unsure if they have them either. I've used Milodon caps on D0VE blocks in the past but would rather not go the spacer route. Through a google search, I've seen some REALLY nice looking caps on Facebook made by a company that dome some custom machining on wind turbine stuff with the name RR Racing. Does anyone know anything about those? Lots of questions but it appears this cap is really getting hard to find. Thanks in advance for all replys.

fsc1982

Back to top Go down

D1 4 bolt main cap Empty Re: D1 4 bolt main cap

Post  DanH February 22nd 2014, 11:37 pm

sending PM

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  J.Toney February 23rd 2014, 11:18 am

http://programengineering.carshopinc.com/product_info.php/products_id/42474/F460CFA?osCsid=df4214e5cdb1f4c4b683eadf654680d4
Pricey, but I spoke with them and was told this part # will fit all blocks. But it couldn't hurt to call and double check for yourself. I don't think they're making big runs of these lately, but a couple months out is all they told me at the most.  
I keep thinking about using these for a "budget" project.
J.Toney
J.Toney

Back to top Go down

Post  fsc1982 February 23rd 2014, 5:26 pm

Thanks for the reply. I saw those ProGram caps also. Its not the price that's a problem, its availability. "A couple months out" will put this project a month late to the dyno. I had an offer for some used BT caps, which I appreciate, but I cant in good conscience sell/install used caps in a customer engine. I have a d0ve block I was saving, so maybe time has come to use that w/the Milodon caps. It seems there is a market for reasonably priced thin web caps, so we aren't being held hostage by companies that only make parts when its convenient for them. Hmmmm...

fsc1982

Back to top Go down

Post  J.Toney February 23rd 2014, 6:48 pm

That link showed 1 available, get it on.
J.Toney
J.Toney

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down