BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

460 intake off of propane motor

3 posters

Go down

460 intake off of propane motor Empty 460 intake off of propane motor

Post  Bigred69 November 11th 2013, 9:53 am

Ok, a few weeks ago I bought a stock Ford aluminum intake off of a 460 thinking I would use it on my 429. Folks told me it would take some extra work to get it to flow properly. It came off of an 87 truck. It has round exits going to the head. I had asked before I actually received it ,and didn't really know what everyone was saying about fitment. Some told me I would have to weld up injector holes and such. This intake does not have injector holes in it. It looks just like my stock cast iron intake. Here is the casting number off of this intake. RF-F2TE-9K461-BA. Any help would be appreciated. The only thing I can see is that it has round exits on the intake and my D0VE heads will have oval passages.
Bigred69
Bigred69

Back to top Go down

460 intake off of propane motor Empty Re: 460 intake off of propane motor

Post  LivermoreDave November 11th 2013, 11:57 am

I'm not one to give advise about the intake manifold in question although I do like a pretty car! That's a good looking Torino you have there! There were a few around this area, '68 GT's, '69 GT's and Cobra's (notch back and fastback) with a variety of engine combinations.

Dave.

LivermoreDave

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy November 11th 2013, 12:42 pm

That number intake manifold you bought, (F2TE),  fits the later model F.I. type cylinder heads The earlier heads have different port locations however, the same bolt pattern.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down