BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ford Fever @ MIR

2 posters

Go down

Ford Fever @ MIR Empty Ford Fever @ MIR

Post  514Fox87 October 26th 2009, 5:34 pm

Rolled into the track and setup for test and tune. Made three passes Fri. night but it was humid and we had a head wind. Car still ran its best at a 10.51. Got up Sat. morning to overcast and showers. Ford Fever @ MIR Icon_sad Waited most of the day and finally got to get on the track for one 1/8 mile pass. If you are used to 1/4 mile the 1/8 stinks. Started running first round of the first class and the rains hit! Scratched Sat. altogether. Got up Sunday morning after little sleep because of the wind blowing, and sleeping in a tent, to chilly temps but sun and no humidity. Ford Fever @ MIR Icon_cheers Ran the time trial to a 10.51 with the engine popping. Changed out plugs to an NGK one step hotter and got ready for first round. Dialed a 10.47 and got lucky and got the bye run. Went out and ran a 10.38 @ 126.90 mph with a 1.39 60 ft. Ford Fever @ MIR Icon_biggrin Wow where did that come from! Round two I won by .005 and ran a 10.375 on a 10.37 dial at 127.20 mph. Third round I was the rabbit against the hare. His 11.22 to my 10.35 dial. He left and my brain said no and my foot said go! Big dummy Ford Fever @ MIR Affraid Turned on the red, bad and he broke out! That had me kicking myself all the way home!

They started the Sun. race at 7:30pm but I was spent and loaded up and took my $30 credit home for next year. Another good thing that happened was shile talking to a member of our club about going nines next year he up and says ( I bought a multi-layered suit and it is to big for me but will fit you. You can have it if you want it!) Ford Fever @ MIR Icon_cheers Thank you thank you thank you!

One more race this year then it is time for the car and driver to go on a diet. Rub on the heads a little with The Mad Porters help and a Lem Evans custom bump stick. Come on nuclearcobra and lets get licensed the same day! Ford Fever @ MIR Lol I am already excited about next year!!!!!!
514Fox87
514Fox87

Back to top Go down

Ford Fever @ MIR Empty Re: Ford Fever @ MIR

Post  Lem Evans October 26th 2009, 7:38 pm

Cool !

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down