BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We had a forum member set low ET for a Ford at the Annual Ford v Chevy race last weekend.

+2
bruno
jbozzelle
6 posters

Go down

We had a forum member set low ET for a Ford at the Annual Ford v Chevy race last weekend. Empty We had a forum member set low ET for a Ford at the Annual Ford v Chevy race last weekend.

Post  jbozzelle October 30th 2010, 11:36 am

Congrats to forum member David Reynolds, aka "Orbit" on here. He set low ET for the Fords with a 7.725 @ 173.01 MPH. He's got a clean looking dragster too. I stopped to talk to him. Him and his Dad are nice people too.

For you guys that live within a few hours of this race and didn't make it you sure missed a nice race and a great time. I stayed the entire weekend and had a blast. There was plenty of food, fun and music to go around. Be sure to catch the race next year. This was my first event I attended here in about 10 years and it was put together nice.

Another forum member here, Bobby Achor "Blue Oval Forever" was in charge of putting this event on. He and his entire group of guys at the Ford Performance Association and Gulfport Dragway did a great job the entire weekend. The facility was nice as well. Again, if you live within a decent distance of this race and drag race a Ford be sure to come out next year and show your support by buying a ticket and racing your car. Bobby fell short by about 15 Fords. He only had 85 or so show up to make the 100 Ford field. Unfortunately those 15 or so tickets got sold the Bowtie Boys...

Here's the results from the entire event.

22 nd Annual Ford vs. Chevy Drags Winners

Electronics Bracket
Winner - A.J. Ashe
Runner Up - Danny Hebert

Foot Brake Bracket
Winner - Timmy Fieramusca
Runner Up - Russell Holliman

Street Bracket
Winner - Monique Dufrene
Runner Up - Eric Barbe

Special Interest Awards

Low ET Dragster
Ford-David Reynolds 7.725@173.01

Chevy-Keith Balmos 7.066@191.00

Low ET Doorslammer
Ford-Herbert Champagner Jr. 8.909@154.8
Chevy- Bobby Akers 7.752@179.64

Best Appearing
Ford- Chad Dear 89 Mustang
Chevy- James McElveen Chevy Corvette

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

We had a forum member set low ET for a Ford at the Annual Ford v Chevy race last weekend. Empty Re: We had a forum member set low ET for a Ford at the Annual Ford v Chevy race last weekend.

Post  bruno October 30th 2010, 11:55 am

congrats David cheers

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

We had a forum member set low ET for a Ford at the Annual Ford v Chevy race last weekend. Empty Re: We had a forum member set low ET for a Ford at the Annual Ford v Chevy race last weekend.

Post  jbozzelle October 30th 2010, 12:45 pm

I think it must be those Evans Racing Engines stickers he has that made him go so fast...

Nick, you need to make this next year. Better yet, get your boss to pony up as an associate sponsor of the event and sponsor your car...

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior October 30th 2010, 1:16 pm

John,

I know David..I sold him a set of headers years ago... I had wondered if he was still racing.

small world huh ??
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle October 31st 2010, 3:44 am

definitely a small world. I picked his brain about the dragster stuff too. He's got some TFS Street heads on a 572 in his. definitely a nice ride.

I saw him idling through the pits and noticed the Fab Shop headers. After that I noticed the distributor in the rear. I think he had the only Ford powered dragster there. With some luck I'll have the second one there next year.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 October 31st 2010, 5:11 am

jbozzelle wrote:definitely a small world. I picked his brain about the dragster stuff too. He's got some TFS Street heads on a 572 in his. definitely a nice ride.

I saw him idling through the pits and noticed the Fab Shop headers. After that I noticed the distributor in the rear. I think he had the only Ford powered dragster there. With some luck I'll have the second one there next year.

distributor in the rear. What did he have the engine in it backwards ?

My fords have the distributor in the front.

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle October 31st 2010, 10:27 am

Damn, I've been working on the Chevy's too long....

I MEANT to say that it DIDN'T have it in the rear... Embarassed

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Oval Forever October 31st 2010, 5:08 pm

Congrats David!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John yes david was the only ford powered Dragster.

I know you are putting one together and another Westbank guy is building one also.
Blue Oval Forever
Blue Oval Forever

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans November 1st 2010, 4:07 am

Congratations David Reynolds Exclamation Guys. for years now Dave and I have stayed in touch and he has been doing very well with his dragster down in the Gulf Coast area. Those quarter mile times that were posted equate to some high 4.80's in the 1/8th, however I do know that Dave has run some mid to low 4.70 times with his combo. I put him in what I call the "Over-Achiever Class", because he is another example of a racer that is running better than what he's supposed to run with his combo. He replaced ported Edelbrock heads with ported TFS Street Mafia heads and picked up mph and lowered his e.t. to boot. We're all proud of ya' David. Very Happy

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle November 1st 2010, 5:42 am

He said he's got that engine dialed back. something about shifting around 6500 and only going through the lights at 6800. It's just "Sunday Cruising" as I call it...

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down