BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ford v/s chevy race 6-22-13

+11
crittersf1
bbf-falcon
56Tbird
79ford pickup
cool40
Wes Littrell
c.evans
QtrWarrior
bruno
Lem Evans
KY JELLY
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Ford  v/s chevy race 6-22-13  - Page 3 Empty Re: Ford v/s chevy race 6-22-13

Post  Lem Evans June 24th 2013, 9:04 pm

Carl Keown is the "MAN"Very Happy

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon June 25th 2013, 10:32 am

Lem Evans wrote:Carl Keown is the "MAN"Very Happy

Thats what Dan said.Laughing

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird June 25th 2013, 3:27 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:
Lem Evans wrote:Carl Keown is the "MAN"Very Happy

Thats what Dan said.Laughing

You damn right!!! Carl is "The Man"cheersking
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  LivermoreDave June 27th 2013, 1:55 pm

It was a comfortable, relaxing and very conversational drive to Beacon Dragway Saturday. Jet Boat Bob (also later known as; "Jet Bob Boat") and myself applied our "brain power" (limited in my case) to all of the world's problems for nearly two hours! Some problem's were sorted, some were not. Those that weren't either were not meant to be sorted or can simply wait for another day.

Once we arrived at Beacon Dragway, myself, I was astounded at the facility's clean, well planned and it's appreciation of the spectator as well the competitors. True, as the management explained during the driver's meeting, there were a few areas that were under going improvement. Myself, I thought Beacon Dragway had provided an excellent venue for drag racers and spectators! Grand stands that rival the aluminum stands of the U.S. Nationals, a concession area with seating in a clean, air conditioned environment with good eatable food, not the "shoe leather burgers" and soggy fries and/or stale candies provided by some! A restroom project is underway and the restrooms (Porta Johns)  provided were clean although during the heat of the day about 120* inside! The track surface must have been good. Most competitors were getting down the track without difficulty and George and Carl's beautiful pickup truck had the spectators three deep at the fence during their runs! I did hear a comment or two of a little roughness after the stripe when slowing was a premium and a bit of a dip in one of the lanes a couple of hundred of feet out, but most looked good traversing the well prepped Beacon Dragway surface. Staging lanes were well laid out and with ample room. Overall, a nice facility. Oh I didn't mention the facility of cold adult beverages with a track overview, that's nearly non-existent!

Dan Hobbs with his beautiful, crowd pleasing Thunderbird, The Keown's beautiful black Ford pickup performing great wheel stands that brought the spectators to the fence and Randy and Becca's super fast Mustang all put on a good show, also performed very well during eliminations, as did five or six entries that have seen service by Jet Boat Bob's Machine Shop.

Jet Boat Bob and myself discussed the facility after our departure of 12:30 AM and most of the way home until it began to reach the 2 AM hour and our thoughts turned to the days of our youth and girls! We arrived home about 3 AM, I told Bob I would let him out at the end of the street so Penny (Bob's wife) wouldn't beat the crap out of me for keeping him out so late!

Bottom line, the management of Beacon Dragway have done a great job and have a commitment to make the facility better! It's a long drive for most of us although I would travel there a couple times a year. Another thought crossed Bob and myself while traversing home, a darn good site for the BBF Race at some point!

Yours truly,
the traveling home maker,
Dave.

LivermoreDave

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3