BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

thinking of doing some bracket racing until the cars done with my crown vic ...? any advice ? can it be consistent?

4 posters

Go down

thinking of doing some bracket racing until the cars done with my crown vic ...? any advice ? can it be consistent? Empty thinking of doing some bracket racing until the cars done with my crown vic ...? any advice ? can it be consistent?

Post  5pointslow December 16th 2012, 2:52 pm

i got an 02 crown vic sport

factory dual exhaust , 17 inch rims , center console shifter ..has a 93 octane tune chip in it from blue oval chips ,

I drive it daily well prob 75 % of the time and the rest i also have 01 f350 7.3

Until my cars finished and back together was thinking of trying at bracket racing this thing , never ran this car at track but id assume low 15s ??

they have a class 11.50-19.9 street class that you dial in and no box ect ....... car has traction control also .

Do ya guys think this thing could be consistent enough lol ......i wanna hurt some feelings Laughing
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

thinking of doing some bracket racing until the cars done with my crown vic ...? any advice ? can it be consistent? Empty Re: thinking of doing some bracket racing until the cars done with my crown vic ...? any advice ? can it be consistent?

Post  maverick December 16th 2012, 4:59 pm

I'd think it would repeat pretty well. Traction wouldn't be much of an issue, so short times would be consistant and lane choice would be practically moot. Assuming you had your staging and launch routine down pat, your only challenge to accurate e.t. prediction would be in keeping track of atmospheric changes. I'd think an EFI car would really respond to good/bad air, so I'd be sure to use a good weather station.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

thinking of doing some bracket racing until the cars done with my crown vic ...? any advice ? can it be consistent? Empty Re: thinking of doing some bracket racing until the cars done with my crown vic ...? any advice ? can it be consistent?

Post  Wheelie58 December 16th 2012, 9:24 pm

I do a little "rental car" bracket racing occasionally. You need to get good at deep staging, or moving up the tree. You can for sure win rounds in a street car. Slower the better....let the other guy go red watching you motor away.... Razz
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

http://www.keithfulpmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow December 16th 2012, 9:38 pm

explain how do i get good at deep staging , why the reason for staging deep in a slow car ?
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick December 16th 2012, 9:54 pm

A slow car won't react/launch quick enough to get you a good reaction time. Deep staging will shorten your r/t, but you hafta do it CONSISTENTLY. If you're second at the tree, you're probably first to go home.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller December 17th 2012, 2:16 am

5pointslow wrote:i got an 02 crown vic sport

factory dual exhaust , 17 inch rims , center console shifter ..has a 93 octane tune chip in it from blue oval chips ,

I drive it daily well prob 75 % of the time and the rest i also have 01 f350 7.3

Until my cars finished and back together was thinking of trying at bracket racing this thing , never ran this car at track but id assume low 15s ??

they have a class 11.50-19.9 street class that you dial in and no box ect ....... car has traction control also .

Do ya guys think this thing could be consistent enough lol ......i wanna hurt some feelings Laughing

I would say 15.8-15.9 at 88 mph i don't think it will run low 15's.The 2008 Ford Crown Vic PI in October 2012 Motor Trend ran 15.8 at 88.9 mph.

Later Mark.

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down