BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warning!!!!!!

+14
Tennessee Bullitt
RetroJim
GaryS
71torino
dfree383
DanH
richter69
cool40
ustahava67
56Tbird
bbf-falcon
manofmerc
83-88T-Bird Guy
michealj
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Warning!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Warning!!!!!!

Post  DanH February 6th 2012, 3:10 pm

71torino wrote:Nobody should be trying to sell stuff without pics.
Tell me how a picture would tell if the soliniods and nozells are bad ?

what about a starter motor or alternator ?

Thanks ahead of time for the info > don't want to get rip off

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  71torino February 6th 2012, 3:33 pm

No but it would help if your trying to sell a guy a set of pistons!!!!!!!!
71torino
71torino

Back to top Go down

Post  DanH February 6th 2012, 5:37 pm

71torino wrote:No but it would help if your trying to sell a guy a set of pistons!!!!!!!!

I sold a guy in Az a set of pistons/rods about a year ago , no pics , just a phone call .

funny thing , never did hear from him after he got them . that means only one thing .

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon February 7th 2012, 8:53 am

Pic's don't always mean anything.My brother bought a dominator carb from race junk w/pic's,and when he got it,it was a completely different carb. The thing is if he's gonna screw you he will,pic's or not.jmo

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  michealj February 7th 2012, 9:47 pm

Yea it really dont matter pics or not people should just be honest, if your selling a piece of shit man up and tell people
or at least be honest best you can..IMO,,,
michealj
michealj

Back to top Go down

Post  bcr466 February 7th 2012, 10:53 pm

I have bought quite a few parts from members here from all over the country. No pics on none of them and all were as described. Well except one instance I bought an oil pan, oil pump, pickup tube, and dipstick and tube. When I got it, it was nasty, still had some old bearings in it, oil pump was broken from flopping around in pan with no packing around it and no dipstick or tube. I called and got the ds & tube sent to me but no big loss as I was not going to use the oil pump anyway. Pics were sent on this but you couldnt see the actual condition.
bcr466
bcr466

http://cracing@frontiernet.net

Back to top Go down

Post  RetroJim February 8th 2012, 2:04 am

Glad to be a service Jim Very Happy Did you ever get the tranny rebuilt or did you scrap it?[/quote]

Hey how you been Ernie ? How's the Mustang been running these days at the track ?
It's still sitting in the corner of the garage just like it was when I sent you the pictures . I have tried to see what might be wrong and read about how they get rebuild in hopes of figuring out what went wrong . I never had one apart and didn't want to tear into it and then have parts all over the place . I am just waiting till I have time , LOL , and get a book to see what the heck is wrong with it . I have asked a few people but they all want to charge me for a rebuild to find out what the problem is with it . If and when I do find out what was wrong with it , I will let you know . I know the filter and pan is rusted but the inside looked clean when I removed the front pump like you told me to do . The bolts that held that in place wasn't even tight or straight when it was installed !
Anyway I did have people asking how things made out from different forums and I told them all that You made good on it and we worked things out ! I told them you refunded all my money and shipping costs as well ! I told them you said just keep the trans too . I made sure to let everyone know that you are a decent guy and stood by your word and everything was all Good & OK between us .
Did you ever get the guy that did the trans for you and get your money back ? I was hoping you did !
Anyway I was glad things worked out good between us and I am thankful that you did stand behind your word ! Very Happy Very Happy

Now I am going to build a 429 w/4 speed for my 1950 Ford tudor . Building a Old Skool Gasser ! I need a toy to have fun with ! If you come across a good cheap single plainmintake or maybe a tunnel ram keep me in mind .
Thanks again for being a Good Guy !
Jim
RetroJim
RetroJim

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird February 8th 2012, 7:55 pm

Ernie's a top notch guy,I know him personally. I'm sure whatever happened it wasn't him trying to get up on anyone.
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  RetroJim February 8th 2012, 11:41 pm

56Tbird wrote:Ernie's a top notch guy,I know him personally. I'm sure whatever happened it wasn't him trying to get up on anyone.

Was nothing like that at all ! Ernie had a C4 he bought that was rebuilt by someone he knew and didn't use it . So he put it up for sale . I bought it and Ernie shipped it to me fast . The trans imput shaft wouldn't turn in any gear . The person that sold the trans to Ernie was the one that ripped him off ! I just had trouble contacting him due to computor problems on his end . We talked on the phone a few times about the trans trying to figure out what was wrong with it and everything worked out just fine between us . But some people just need to mind their own business and stop mouthing off about things they have no idea about , that's all . That's when it got all messed up !
It's just some people read a post , then have to run their damn mouth on another forum about something they read , then before I knew it , I have all kinds of people emailing me asking what's going on . So then before you know it , things get blown all out of context when one person decides to tell their own story of what happened and then you already know what happens next ! That's what happened and so some people I never even knew that belonged to other forums I wasn't part of but Ernie was part of that forum . So I had to go to some forums , then sign up and join that forum just to make a post letting all the poeple that had nothing better to do but run their mouths about something they didn't know anything about and explain to them that things were fine and so on !
SO I just told all these people that we were good , Ernie refunded all my money and that was it .This was over 1.5 years ago !
Ernie and I have always been on good terms but some people just like to make things sound a lot worst than they really were for some reason and that's all !

I would buy anything from Ernie again without any hesitation ! Like I said , he refunded ALL my $$$$ BUT people just kept asking if I got my refund so I had to set all those people straight about it !

Jim
RetroJim
RetroJim

Back to top Go down

Post  RetroJim February 8th 2012, 11:57 pm

To be honest , I belong to many Ford forums and other different parts forums . I have bought 1,000.s of parts , cars and so on from people I never knew and ONLY got ripped off ONE TIME for a radiator shell for $40 !
I am just one of those people that take a persons word on the quality of what I am buying . Yes I may be crazy but that's me . I quess if someone wants to rip you off they will do it . Doesn't matter how many posts they make or how long they have been on a forum . When they want to do it they will . Bottom line !

I trust people on the forums I deal with the most and always will .
When I sell something , I always tell them the Good and The BAD too ! Then they can make up their minds if they want it or not . Pictures do help sometimes but not always . You just have to trust the person you are dealing with and know what to do if something isn't correct or was plain wrong . A thief is a thief and always will be . That's the very sad nature of on-line buying !
You take your chances and that's how I look at it when buying on-line anyplace !

Jim
RetroJim
RetroJim

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf February 9th 2012, 8:46 am

Retrojim are you over on the HAMB in the 53-56 Ford group as Retrojim?
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Wayne Pearce February 9th 2012, 12:03 pm

I've been burned once by a certain "gentleman" on this forum (if he's reading this, and has an objection - feel free to respond, and expose yourself for the P.O.S. you really are). I bought a Moroso BBF fox swap pan from this "gentleman", he stated in his ad that the pan had a "pinhole leak" in it. When I got the pan, I found that two, possibly three rods had gone through the side of it. It was so badly damaged that it ripped five bolt holes out of the pan rail, and wadded up the windage screen in a lump. Having some fabrication skills, and a junk block as a fixture, I was able to fix it. Yeah, I got it for a real good price, but I told him if he'd been honest about it, I probably would have bought it anyway. His description of the pan was a total misrepresentation, and that sucks!

Wayne (SAWDOFF) Pearce

Wayne Pearce

Back to top Go down

Post  RetroJim February 10th 2012, 7:14 pm

jasonf wrote:Retrojim are you over on the HAMB in the 53-56 Ford group as Retrojim?

That's me too .
I use that same name on all my forums !
Who are you from the group ?

Jim
RetroJim
RetroJim

Back to top Go down

Post  RetroJim February 10th 2012, 7:21 pm

Wayne Pearce wrote:I've been burned once by a certain "gentleman" on this forum (if he's reading this, and has an objection - feel free to respond, and expose yourself for the P.O.S. you really are). I bought a Moroso BBF fox swap pan from this "gentleman", he stated in his ad that the pan had a "pinhole leak" in it. When I got the pan, I found that two, possibly three rods had gone through the side of it. It was so badly damaged that it ripped five bolt holes out of the pan rail, and wadded up the windage screen in a lump. Having some fabrication skills, and a junk block as a fixture, I was able to fix it. Yeah, I got it for a real good price, but I told him if he'd been honest about it, I probably would have bought it anyway. His description of the pan was a total misrepresentation, and that sucks!

Wayne (SAWDOFF) Pearce

That's truely the biggest dickhead of all ! Someone tells you it's one way and then when you get it , you sit down and wonder if they shipped the wrong item sometimes ! I always just try to be as honest as possible so the buyer can make their own mind up if they want it or not .
It just doesn't pay to lie about something just to make a sale ! It will always come back and bite you in the ass one day !

Jim
RetroJim
RetroJim

Back to top Go down

Post  michealj February 10th 2012, 9:55 pm

RetroJim wrote:
Wayne Pearce wrote:I've been burned once by a certain "gentleman" on this forum (if he's reading this, and has an objection - feel free to respond, and expose yourself for the P.O.S. you really are). I bought a Moroso BBF fox swap pan from this "gentleman", he stated in his ad that the pan had a "pinhole leak" in it. When I got the pan, I found that two, possibly three rods had gone through the side of it. It was so badly damaged that it ripped five bolt holes out of the pan rail, and wadded up the windage screen in a lump. Having some fabrication skills, and a junk block as a fixture, I was able to fix it. Yeah, I got it for a real good price, but I told him if he'd been honest about it, I probably would have bought it anyway. His description of the pan was a total misrepresentation, and that sucks!

Wayne (SAWDOFF) Pearce

That's truely the biggest dickhead of all ! Someone tells you it's one way and then when you get it , you sit down and wonder if they shipped the wrong item sometimes ! I always just try to be as honest as possible so the buyer can make their own mind up if they want it or not .
It just doesn't pay to lie about something just to make a sale ! It will always come back and bite you in the ass one day !

Jim
thats why I got so pissed the add said new not junk parts plus it wasnt all there. Evil or Very Mad
michealj
michealj

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf February 10th 2012, 10:43 pm

RetroJim wrote:
jasonf wrote:Retrojim are you over on the HAMB in the 53-56 Ford group as Retrojim?

That's me too .
I use that same name on all my forums !
Who are you from the group ?

Jim

Jim I use fordsbyjay on all other forums but I had some registration issues with this site so I just used my real name. It works out for the best when you actually start meeting people at events.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  RetroJim February 10th 2012, 11:15 pm

I remember you very well !
How things been Jay ? Get that Falcon done yet ?

Jim
RetroJim
RetroJim

Back to top Go down

Post  ragtime February 11th 2012, 8:40 am

RetroJim wrote:

DAMN......!!!!!! Mad Mad Mad

Wayne (SAWDOFF) Pearce

Jim

ragtime

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon February 11th 2012, 9:29 am

(I don't think Harold will care if I tell this) I have Harold's(342g) engine at the shop doing a freshening.He ordered a new oil pan from a guy on ebay. It was suppose to be for a 385 series.When we got it,it was marked bbf w/some kind of marker on the front.I have not a clue what its for,I have checked it w/everything I have and it's has to be for somekind of smallblock because of its length. Be careful out there guy's.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  DanH February 11th 2012, 1:49 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:(I don't think Harold will care if I tell this) I have Harold's(342g) engine at the shop doing a freshening.He ordered a new oil pan from a guy on ebay. It was suppose to be for a 385 series.When we got it,it was marked bbf w/some kind of marker on the front.I have not a clue what its for,I have checked it w/everything I have and it's has to be for somekind of smallblock because of its length. Be careful out there guy's.
asking something I can'y do
can you post a pic of the pan ? maybe someone here can i.d. it .

the ebay dude take it back ?

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  RetroJim February 11th 2012, 1:58 pm

Anytime someone tells me it's for a BBF , I always ask for what size engine . Some people have no idea what a 385 is !
Most of the time they are for a Fe engine which is a BBF also . Then mercury had some odd ball size BB also . It could also be for an early 1960 bbf which I think is different too .
That is why I make them tell me what the engine size is was off of and what year it was .

Jim
RetroJim
RetroJim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2