BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Truck Pullers. What would you pay.

3 posters

Go down

Truck Pullers. What would you pay. Empty Truck Pullers. What would you pay.

Post  TRUKPULR December 21st 2011, 11:22 pm

To have your old used up Siped DOT Tires brought back to New condition.

Dan
TRUKPULR
TRUKPULR

http://www.shazampulling.com

Back to top Go down

Truck Pullers. What would you pay. Empty Re: Truck Pullers. What would you pay.

Post  Diggindeeper December 21st 2011, 11:26 pm

1/3 to 1/2 of new IMO
Maybe a bit more. Depends a bit. Is this a recap deal? Do we have a variety of tread pattern available?
Diggindeeper
Diggindeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  TRUKPULR December 21st 2011, 11:34 pm

Nope this is a Tire Shaving system .. Same pattern just nice new Cripes Edges. Taking off as little as possible to get more years out of your tires but keeping them the same size all together.

Dan
TRUKPULR
TRUKPULR

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggindeeper December 21st 2011, 11:47 pm

Oh ok. I'd likely go for it for 50/tire or there abouts
Diggindeeper
Diggindeeper

Back to top Go down

Truck Pullers. What would you pay. Empty Fellow Truck Pullers

Post  TRUKPULR December 22nd 2011, 3:49 pm

I'm the Proud owner of this fine piece of equipment. Amermac 1200R Tire Shaver.

Truck Pullers. What would you pay. 24419856877amermac1200r

Bring me your old worn out tires and I'll shave the face of them and make them like new again.

Rates will be $40.00 to $50.00 per tire depending on how rough of condition they are in.

Dan's Tire Refacing

751-923-3634
TRUKPULR
TRUKPULR

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggindeeper December 22nd 2011, 11:34 pm

If I were in your neck of the woods i would def hire your services
Diggindeeper
Diggindeeper

Back to top Go down

Truck Pullers. What would you pay. Empty Response from the other board

Post  TRUKPULR December 24th 2011, 12:09 am

Talk on one of the other board brought this response from me that I feel should be placed here.
Here's his response.

"Speaking about a off road tires, Super Swamper TSL, Ground Hawg, Monster Mudders. They are anything but round, thats just the nature of big tires and trying to true them in my experience is a giant waste of a tire and money. By the time you get one trued there isn't much left. Once you try to true one that is out of round no company will take them back. So if you have a problem tire send it back, don't cut all the tread off it. Every tire co. will exchange a problem tire. I've trued 2 sets in the past and there is no difference in the ride from a "acceptable" tire that wasn't trued. All you are doing is removing valuable tread, period."

My Reply to his statement.

OK I hear ya on your statement. But you have to understand I'm not looking to True a New tire for the pullers here. I'm looking to give them another couple of seasons on the tires they have already been using.

Getting a tire back that is true would be the end results but more importantly is that they get more seasons out of the tires they have already.

I don't know how many season you guys get out of your mudding tires, But I know once the edge is rounded off in Pulling the tires are junk, So you flip the tire and run it till that side is rounded off . Now you have a junk set of tires. So we usually sell them to the mudding guys for 400.00 and go out an buy a New set @ a cost of 1000.00 with siping. With this deal they'll get more seasons out of the tires they have already and won't have to spend the 1000.00 untill the tires are worn out.

So lets do some math here on this deal.

So for this test the truck makes 20 hooks per season

Say Season 2010 you spend 1000.00 on a new set of tires and siped them, pulling wearing out the front edge during the season.

Now you flip the tires for the 2011 season you make 20 hooks and the tires are now rounded on both sides.

So after 2011 season you drop the tires off here and I reface them for 200.00 instead of spending 1000.00 for a new set and you now get season 2012 and 2013 out of the tires.

After 2013 Season you drop the tires off and I reface them for 200.00 instead of spending 1000.00 for a new set and you get Season 2014 and 2015

And now this is where we might have to resipe the tires after refacing them so it cost 400.00 this year 200 for Refacing and 200 for siping but you now get season 2016 and 2017

After 2017 Season you drop the tires off and I Reface for 200.00 and get 2018 and 2019 Season out of them.

After 2019 Season you drop the tires off and I Reface for 200.00 and get 2020 and 2021 Season out of them and now you now have a used up set of tires.

OK so most pullers in this Eleven year span would have spent 1000.00 every two season cost them 6000.00 for new tires and siping.

Pullers using my reface system you would only spend 1200.00 in Eleven years saving the Truck puller 4800.00.

In the pulling world anytime you can save money it's a good thing.

Right ...

And we never know a tire that been shaved half way down might pull better then a new tire. Only time will tell.

Dan
TRUKPULR
TRUKPULR

Back to top Go down

Post  jesse December 24th 2011, 12:18 am

you might be on to something there dan
a few yrs back when i pulled pro stock i bought a used set of tires mostly just for the rims
they were a softer mud tire with about 1/4 tread left and the tires only seen street time so the tread was wore down but not rounded off
so i took them in and had them siped and ran them a few times
they hooked very well put me in the money
jesse
jesse

Back to top Go down

Post  jesse December 24th 2011, 12:20 am

i wish you were closer i need mine done
jesse
jesse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down