BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

P51 dual carb intake choices

5 posters

Go down

P51 dual carb intake choices Empty P51 dual carb intake choices

Post  psfracer December 9th 2011, 12:11 pm

Are there any decent intakes for P51 heads, dual 4500 pattern that make good power, or do I have to consider a custom sheet metal intake $$$$. I have a single 4500 TFS manifold which I am very happy with, and don't want to switch or spend the money without making more power. I searched threads and found some, but all were pretty old. I see the intake on the Kaase website but from what I understand it hasn't been available for years, literally. I understand there is the Wieand manifold but I doubt that would make more power then the single TFS mafia intake I have already.

I have to say I have learned a lot on this site, and if I were to do this again I would have went with some ported A460 heads with the TFS tunnel ram intake and made significantly more hp. I am looking at single stage fogger systems right now, but there is a local class that is for all n/a cars that I really like, and my car is basically close to the weight needed when you consider the cid and weight breaks for the combo. Anyway, thats why I am asking.
psfracer
psfracer

http://www.psfracer.com

Back to top Go down

P51 dual carb intake choices Empty Re: P51 dual carb intake choices

Post  bigblok2000ranger December 9th 2011, 1:24 pm

Send Boss 429 a message.
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 December 9th 2011, 1:40 pm

https://www.429-460.com/t12363-victor-vs-tfs-mafis-vs-tunnel-ram

IMO you would be better off getting the heads worked over, possibly a different cam, and a converter change.......

The cheap cast tunnel ram choices we have need extensive work to make a difference, a sheetmetal would be $$$$$$$
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 December 9th 2011, 1:56 pm

Sheet metal is the only good option IMO, I'm building a Weiand hybrid, but Is probably not the best or easiest method to get a decent TR.

The avaliable Wieand stuff will make more torque than the single 4 stuff...... but not more HP
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  psfracer December 9th 2011, 5:40 pm

Now that the season is over, porting the heads is the first thing on my "to do" list.
psfracer
psfracer

http://www.psfracer.com

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 December 9th 2011, 7:57 pm

while the heads are off send the intake you have to Steve J. at Induction Solutions, leave the converter alone.................then hang on.............. Wink An I.S. fogger would be cheaper than a TR that would be worth a damn, another carb, and a dizzy to make it all fit. Plus fit under the scoop you already have.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy December 9th 2011, 8:45 pm

psfracer wrote:Are there any decent intakes for P51 heads, dual 4500 pattern that make good power, or do I have to consider a custom sheet metal intake $$$$. I have a single 4500 TFS manifold which I am very happy with, and don't want to switch or spend the money without making more power. I searched threads and found some, but all were pretty old. I see the intake on the Kaase website but from what I understand it hasn't been available for years, literally. I understand there is the Wieand manifold but I doubt that would make more power then the single TFS mafia intake I have already.

I have to say I have learned a lot on this site, and if I were to do this again I would have went with some ported A460 heads with the TFS tunnel ram intake and made significantly more hp. I am looking at single stage fogger systems right now, but there is a local class that is for all n/a cars that I really like, and my car is basically close to the weight needed when you consider the cid and weight breaks for the combo. Anyway, thats why I am asking.

That will depend largely upon the size of the engine.
Above 500 cubic inches, NO.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down