BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A460 Head well its not

+2
c.evans
res0rli9
6 posters

Go down

A460 Head well its not Empty A460 Head well its not

Post  res0rli9 June 28th 2011, 1:30 am

Has anybody used this New A460 Head

http://www.mbellc.com/index.php/a460-bb-ford

or the new C460

http://www.mbellc.com/index.php/component/virtuemart/?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=42

Last edited by res0rli9 on June 28th 2011, 6:38 am; edited 1 time in total

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

A460 Head well its not Empty Re: A460 Head well its not

Post  c.evans June 28th 2011, 2:18 am

To answer your specific question,,,,no sir I have not used either of those "new" heads you gave a link to.

May I go on? MBE is a head porting company. They are not casting new heads. In the link to the so called "new" A-460 head, they actually show a picture of Ford's C-460 head, not an A-460 head. Then in the link to the C-460 heads, they do show a picture of the Ford C-460 head again.

Next problem, in their ad, they give valve sizes for the A-460 head that are bigger than the valve sizes they quote for the C-460 head. That ain't right. Furthermore, in their ad they show the A-460 head as flowing 522 cfm of air, and then the C-460 head as flowing 510 cfm of air. That's bass ackwards for sure.

Finally when you read their ad hype, they (MBE) say, and I quote; "from Ford's notoriously inefficient A-460 heads." Sounds like a Chevy shop to me and they don't know much about BB Ford heads.

I guess they forgot to tell the 2010 NHRA Div 3 Jegs SuperQuick Series Champion Krisse Lawyer, (and multi-time Wally winner) how "notoriously inefficient" her A-460 heads were. Very Happy

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 June 28th 2011, 2:44 am

c.evans wrote:To answer your specific question,,,,no sir I have not used either of those "new" heads you gave a link to.

May I go on? MBE is a head porting company. They are not casting new heads. In the link to the so called "new" A-460 head, they actually show a picture of Ford's C-460 head, not an A-460 head. Then in the link to the C-460 heads, they do show a picture of the Ford C-460 head again.

Next problem, in their ad, they give valve sizes for the A-460 head that are bigger than the valve sizes they quote for the C-460 head. That ain't right. Furthermore, in their ad they show the A-460 head as flowing 522 cfm of air, and then the C-460 head as flowing 510 cfm of air. That's bass ackwards for sure.

Finally when you read their ad hype, they (MBE) say, and I quote; "from Ford's notoriously inefficient A-460 heads." Sounds like a Chevy shop to me and they don't know much about BB Ford heads.

I guess they forgot to tell the 2010 NHRA Div 3 Jegs SuperQuick Series Champion Krisse Lawyer, (and multi-time Wally winner) how "notoriously inefficient" her A-460 heads were. Very Happy

Charlie

Just making sure you have not fallen asleep on the job Charlie. Laughing Laughing
gess you dont sleep ether.. Now go to bed.

ges I should have wiped the sleep from my eyes before posting Rolling Eyes

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy June 28th 2011, 10:10 am

Matt Bieneman is not brand specific and I almost can't believe he actually "signed off" on the rhetoric he has on his site. He does reputable NHRA Pro Stock work along with Cup consulting and work so, this is blasphemy, lol.
I certainly hope those photos aren't of the actual heads in question.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  chappy89 June 28th 2011, 10:24 am

Click on the 11* SBF head...its of a SB Chevy head. Unless they got some crazy ass looking intake...LOL

chappy89

Back to top Go down

A460 Head well its not Empty WHAT ABOUT THE OTHERS

Post  2Strokerguy June 28th 2011, 11:50 pm

What about these 4.9 bore center NHRA pro stock head that is also listed are these the Darrin Morgan wedge head that was coming or just a picture of something else. Its hard to tell because i thought the new DM wedge was symetrical ports where as the pictures look like a mirror image head, definitly curious. They also mention 625 for flow that is the same as some i have found on the Stan Weiss website that are listed to Darren Morgan. JPM
2Strokerguy
2Strokerguy

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy June 29th 2011, 10:31 am

2Strokerguy wrote:What about these 4.9 bore center NHRA pro stock head that is also listed are these the Darrin Morgan wedge head that was coming or just a picture of something else. Its hard to tell because i thought the new DM wedge was symetrical ports where as the pictures look like a mirror image head, definitly curious. They also mention 625 for flow that is the same as some i have found on the Stan Weiss website that are listed to Darren Morgan. JPM

FORD has two 500" Pro Stock heads, The ones in the picture are their hemi offering similar to the Mopar and there is a different wedge offering which looks like a ported DRCE-3 GM head.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 June 29th 2011, 11:36 am

I don't even want to know the price...... Shocked But the Add's have a hint of BS in them I wouldn't expect from a reputable shop..... Rolling Eyes
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

A460 Head well its not Empty YES

Post  2Strokerguy June 29th 2011, 7:44 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:
2Strokerguy wrote:What about these 4.9 bore center NHRA pro stock head that is also listed are these the Darrin Morgan wedge head that was coming or just a picture of something else. Its hard to tell because i thought the new DM wedge was symetrical ports where as the pictures look like a mirror image head, definitly curious. They also mention 625 for flow that is the same as some i have found on the Stan Weiss website that are listed to Darren Morgan. JPM

FORD has two 500" Pro Stock heads, The ones in the picture are their hemi offering similar to the Mopar and there is a different wedge offering which looks like a ported DRCE-3 GM head.
Thats what i was curious about i think i have seen a few pictures of the HEMI offering but i dont think i have seen the wedge head anywhere, i thought there was some contraversy about them but was unsure. I was curious if it was simaler to the IDT 1500 head that someone called a HEDGE. Just curious about new stuff.
2Strokerguy
2Strokerguy

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy June 29th 2011, 11:57 pm

One of the FRPP race trailers has a display with the new race block having one hemi head on one side and one wedge head on the other side for visual comparison.

To be LEGAL for NHRA Pro Stock a cylinder head must have an OEM part number.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

A460 Head well its not Empty Thanks

Post  2Strokerguy June 30th 2011, 12:04 am

I will keep an eye out for the ford trailer and have a look if i see it. JPM
2Strokerguy
2Strokerguy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content