BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

boss nine heads

+8
2Strokerguy
dfree383
Barney
BOSS 429
c.evans
rmcomprandy
Yoeman
reeseracing23
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

boss nine heads Empty boss nine heads

Post  reeseracing23 May 29th 2011, 2:39 am

whats the deal with the boss nine heads? are they for show or go? would they perform good on a 600 in motor in a race application or is it better to stay with the tried and trued a or c heads? i'm going to start aquiring parts for a future project since i'm finally going to go make real money cheers
any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks
reeseracing23
reeseracing23

Back to top Go down

boss nine heads Empty Re: boss nine heads

Post  Yoeman May 29th 2011, 10:14 am

boss nine heads Uvs100525-001
Yoeman
Yoeman

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy May 29th 2011, 11:08 am

I think the Boss 9 heads considering their production port locations would perform very similar to the "A" heads ... and certainly LOOK a lot more menacing.

EDIT: Point being that they certainly have some go but, a LOT of show, lol.

Last edited by rmcomprandy on May 29th 2011, 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addition)

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans May 29th 2011, 12:19 pm

I've done (ported, flowed, valve jobs & etc.) hundreds of big block Ford heads, including the Boss Hemi heads. IMO they have their place, but the greatest falacy one can assume is that there is some kind of "magic" in the heads that automatically makes them worth 50 hp or so over any wedge head. At the end of the day, it's all about the torque and horsepower that the engine produces, regardless of the "menacing look" of the valve covers.

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  reeseracing23 May 29th 2011, 12:51 pm

i think they look awesome also. i just havent heard to much about them when people use them in a say for instance, 16/1, alcohol injected, 600 cube motor with a sheetmetal intake. theres a bunch of people doing this combo with a or c heads, but i wanted something different. i know it would cost a bit more but i think the extra time of saving money would be worth it
reeseracing23
reeseracing23

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 May 29th 2011, 1:28 pm

reeseracing23 wrote:whats the deal with the boss nine heads? are they for show or go? would they perform good on a 600 in motor in a race application or is it better to stay with the tried and trued a or c heads? i'm going to start aquiring parts for a future project since i'm finally going to go make real money cheers
any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks

=======================================
The people who dont know or who have never ran a boss 429 head say how bad OR that wont work,cant do this or that etc.etc. etc., yes they make good power, dont treat them like a wedge head.

in the early 80s and in the late 70s when i was asking about them, when i switched to a boss,lots of people said how bad the rockers,and other parts were,lol. then i started asking them whats you boss 429 in? whats it run? how many have you tuned? etc. they all said the same thing, WELL IVE NEVER HAD ONE,OR IVE READ HOW BAD THEY ARE,MOST OF THEM NEVER EVEN SAW UNDER THE VALVE COVER OF ONE!!! WELL ENOUGHT TUNE OR WORK ON ONE.

YOU WOULD LOVE a 600ish engine boss headed ENGINE, Talk to people who run them
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  reeseracing23 May 29th 2011, 2:23 pm

who has experience or is running them in this form? i'd like to get some opinions and facts like, do the heads work well with alcohol or better with two dominators and just some pros and cons compared to a wedge head
reeseracing23
reeseracing23

Back to top Go down

Post  reeseracing23 May 29th 2011, 2:25 pm

yoeman, is that a maverick in the pic? if it is, do you have any more pics?
reeseracing23
reeseracing23

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy May 29th 2011, 2:45 pm

I was under the impression that the OP was asking about the "Boss 9" heads in particular. Not asking about the hemi design and the other racing heads which are available for them; C&C and such.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  reeseracing23 May 29th 2011, 4:09 pm

I am asking about the boss 9 heads
reeseracing23
reeseracing23

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 May 29th 2011, 6:34 pm

reeseracing23 wrote:yoeman, is that a maverick in the pic? if it is, do you have any more pics?

THATS a boss 429 power pinto
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 May 29th 2011, 6:35 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:I was under the impression that the OP was asking about the "Boss 9" heads in particular. Not asking about the hemi design and the other racing heads which are available for them; C&C and such.

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  reeseracing23 May 29th 2011, 6:57 pm

It was hard for me to see at that angle
reeseracing23
reeseracing23

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 May 29th 2011, 8:13 pm

reeseracing23 wrote:It was hard for me to see at that angle

ya,me 2 at first, im suresomeone has some maverick pics for you
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy May 29th 2011, 8:23 pm

BOSS 429 wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:I was under the impression that the OP was asking about the "Boss 9" heads in particular. Not asking about the hemi design and the other racing heads which are available for them; C&C and such.

"Boss 9" is the particular name that Kaase has put on his own brand aftermarket production style heads; I also understood you to be a 429 boss engine connoisseur and would know that fact.

EDIT: I must be missing something here ... Question

Last edited by rmcomprandy on May 29th 2011, 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addition)

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 May 29th 2011, 8:28 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:
BOSS 429 wrote:

"Boss 9" is the particular name that Kaase has put on his own brand aftermarket production style heads; I also understood you to be a 429 boss engine connoisseur and would know that fact.

LOOL LOLOLOLOL , THATS not what ? < this was for, lol
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  reeseracing23 May 29th 2011, 10:10 pm

is there anyone out there making this style of cylinder head besides kaase?
reeseracing23
reeseracing23

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney May 29th 2011, 10:32 pm

If the question is can they make more power than a wedge head, the answer is yes in the right hands with the right combination they will. Whether they make enough to justify the cost, that depends on the individual. There are a number of aftermarket Boss 9 heads out there and can be used to make power. 600+ inches and with the right combo can make 4 digit power N/A fairly easy if thats what your asking. I would talk to Boss429(Circle R ) if thats the direction you really want to go.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  reeseracing23 May 29th 2011, 10:37 pm

thats the answer i wanted. thanks barney
reeseracing23
reeseracing23

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans May 30th 2011, 12:12 am

Barney wrote:If the question is can they make more power than a wedge head, the answer is yes in the right hands with the right combination they will. Whether they make enough to justify the cost, that depends on the individual. There are a number of aftermarket Boss 9 heads out there and can be used to make power. 600+ inches and with the right combo can make 4 digit power N/A fairly easy if thats what your asking. I would talk to Boss429(Circle R ) if thats the direction you really want to go.

Which wedge head??? Which hemi head??? The point is that some hemi heads can not make as much power as some of the wedge heads we have on the market,,,,and then again vice-versa. Some hemi heads will make more power than some of the wedge heads we have on the market. There is an over-lapping of their capabilities.

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  reeseracing23 May 30th 2011, 12:46 am

mainly the boss nine heads in comparison to the a or c heads
reeseracing23
reeseracing23

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans May 30th 2011, 1:10 am

Thanks for clarifying which heads. I have ported and flowed all three of the ones you have mentioned. I believe that a 600 CID TFS A-460 headed engine, with properly ported and flowed heads will make slightly more horsepower and torque than a equally prepared Kaase Boss Nine headed 600 CID engine. Maybe the best person to ask is Jon himself.

Likewise I believe that a 600 CID FRPP C-460 headed engine with ported and flowed heads, would well exceed an equally built 600 CID Boss Nine headed engine, in terms of torque and horsepower.

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 May 30th 2011, 8:32 am

IMO the Factory Style Boss 429 heads (Kaase Repops) are every bit an equale to A460's when prepped properly and the A441 and B441 Stuff (Race Stuff) is ahead of the C460 stuff in the right application.

Only issue I see with the Ford Hemi Stuff is Packaging and Cost. The Wedge stuff is smaller and cheaper.

But again not every application benifits from the same things.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

boss nine heads Empty NOT GREAT COMPARISSON

Post  2Strokerguy May 30th 2011, 1:11 pm

reeseracing23 wrote:mainly the boss nine heads in comparison to the a or c heads
It is probably not the best to be comparing a street or shall we call it a conventional head to the built for racing A and C Head . In Mr Kasse own testing when he built the head they were slightly stronger horspower wise to the simaler SuperCobra jet and P51. I think that it would be better to compare the B441 to the A and C heads but that is just my opinion.I guess it all comes down to the intended use and is a maxed out street HEMI head going to get you what you want powerwise and no more will be needed later on. And yes they do look very good compared to most wedge heads. JOHN
2Strokerguy
2Strokerguy

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney May 30th 2011, 4:15 pm

dfree383 wrote:IMO the Factory Style Boss 429 heads (Kaase Repops) are every bit an equale to A460's when prepped properly and the A441 and B441 Stuff (Race Stuff) is ahead of the C460 stuff in the right application.

Only issue I see with the Ford Hemi Stuff is Packaging and Cost. The Wedge stuff is smaller and cheaper.

But again not every application benifits from the same things.
I agree 100%. If you got the cash, and want a boss headed motor they are out there and chances are if prepared correctly you WILL NOT be dissappointed. $$vs. horsepower thats a individual choice. I have never personally seen a A460 head around 600 inch make 1350+hp and 1000+ tq N/A, I have seen it with a A441 hemi.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next