BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bb fox motor mounts

4 posters

Go down

bb fox motor mounts Empty bb fox motor mounts

Post  ktmracer517 December 18th 2010, 11:42 am

my car is a factory turbo coupe and the ford racing swap motor mounts for a bbf dont look like they will work with my factory lower mounts. So i am not sure if i need a 5.0 lower mount or what....... also what brand headers fit best for the swap any advice would be greatly appreciated

ktmracer517

Back to top Go down

bb fox motor mounts Empty Re: bb fox motor mounts

Post  studly December 18th 2010, 6:31 pm

I would use D&D that is what i have and i would use a plate instead of motor mounts, more room for the headers
studly
studly

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller December 19th 2010, 2:55 am

I had a 88 T-Bird V-6 car and the K-Member that was in it would not work with the 460 swap motor kit.I ended up using a 87-93 Mustang K-Member and the Mustang lower front control arms because they're shorter than the T-bird control arms.

Later Mark.

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  DFI429 December 19th 2010, 3:46 am

ktmracer517 wrote:my car is a factory turbo coupe and the ford racing swap motor mounts for a bbf dont look like they will work with my factory lower mounts.

Mark Miller wrote:I had a 88 T-Bird V-6 car and the K-Member that was in it would not work with the 460 swap motor kit.

I confused myself for a minute thinking about this one, but yes, you have to change out the 6-cyl k-member for 8-cyl use.. Or mount the motor up high for HotWheels-status Shocked
DFI429
DFI429

http://home.comcast.net/~dfi429/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down